• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you've never used?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Could belong in Polls, not sure.

But surely with 718 or however many there are Pokemon, odds are you've never used at least one (or one evolutionary line). If you fall in this category, which one(s) haven't you used, and why? If you have used every single Pokemon in battle, perhaps which one(s) have you used the very least?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have never used Octillery, despite liking it a lot. I just never want to catch and raise one so late into Johto. Same goes for Houndour. Also Kingdra. There's a lot I haven't used lol. Garbodor is one I really want to use. I always thought it was a really cool sci fi monster thing. Just never had a place in any of my teams yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never gotten the chance to use Tauros, unfortunately. I did capture one in Pokémon FireRed, but that went straight into my PC box, and haven't touched it ever since. I even forgot that I actually had it. XD;; I've also never used Buffalon. Huge fan of it, but never thought it'd be much helpful in the competitive scene.

Years
  • A lot of Grass type Pokemon fall under this category for me. Bellossom, Lilligant, Shiftry, Cacturne and Roserade all jumped out at me while going through the list of Grass types, even though I'd like to use them at some point. I guess I just find myself staying away from Grass Pokemon sans the starters, even if there's nothing wrong with them.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • If you're referring to competitive battles on the server, I've used a wide array of Pokemon due to random battles. I could never single out which I have and have not used. But if in-game play is the case, I have not used any of the grass-type Pokemon except the Bulbasaur line, Bellsprout and Weepinbell, the Chikorita line, the Budew line, Turtwig and Tropius (HM slave). Of course there are lots more I have not used as I only prefer a select few to travel with me on my main team, but I don't think listing them all down would be the best idea.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    There are several Pokemon I love, but never used before in the main games or in ROM hacks. Those include Lanturn, Scizor, Drapion, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Sigilyph, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Durant, Clawitzer, Goodra, and Trevenant. They either came too late, or had typings and/or movepools that didn't cut it for me.

There are also Pokemon that I've used before, but wish I could use them more. Those include Heracross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Weavile, Tangrowth, Gliscor, and Ferrothorn.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • There are many Pokemon I haven't used, main reason is that I mostly use Pokemon I like the most, but slowly I'm giving them all a chance. There will also be Pokemon I know I won't even use (the ones I hate the most)

Some Pokemon I'm going to try out that I had not used before:
    • Kangaskhan - going to use in my Normal Type Team, I already started, not yet caught
    • Whismur/Loudred/Exploud - same as Kangashkan, have not reached cave where Whismur can be caught
    • Abra/Kadabra/Alazakazam - going to use in my Psychic type team, I have not started
    • Machop/Machoke/Machamp - going to use in my Fighting type team, I have not yet started

Some Pokemon I haven't used yet - I want to, but no plans at the moment:
    • majority of rock, ground, and steel type Pokemon
    • a vast majority of Johto Pokemon
    • Misdreavus, Mismagius, many other Ghost types
    • Skorupi, and Drapion - want to use them, but not sure what kind of team to use them in
    • Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross - same as with Skorupi/Drapion
    • Skiddo/Gogoat - always been wanting to use them in a team, but never seem to fit in
    • Helioptile/Heliolisk - same as with Skorupi/Drapion
    • All Legendary Pokemon - by time they can be caught, I'm already attached to my team, so I can't get rid of a Pokemon to make place for them, just wished Legendary could be caught early in the game so I could use them (at the current rate I will never use them).

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • There is a few pokemon I never used

Marowak
    Pinser
    Swoobat
    Dugtrio
    Hypno

I would use them but always had a different Pokemon at that time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There is a ton of pokemon I have never used, most in which are from Kanto. Such as Mr. Mime. I haven't used Taurous, but it was one of my favorite pokemon. I really hope it get's a mega evolution in the future.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I've only ever used Omastar and Archeops extensively, among the Fossil Pokemon. The others didn't really catch my attention, sadly. I barely used Goodra, as its stats were awkward to me...I've also never touched Dunsparce. Despite the overrated response Dunsparce gets, I've never touched it. It even had such a great ability in Serene Grace...

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
  • There's a lot of pokemon I haven't used so I won't even bother listing them. I hardly train steel types though, I don't know why. I guess they don't appeal to me as much as the rest. I really only train pokemon that interest me in some way and I'm not even close to finishing that list. I'm not a huge competitive battler, I just like battling with pokemon I like so I'm not rushing to perfectly train every pokemon or something. :P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • There is a lot of Pokemon i havent used, but the biggest group out of them would be normal types.
    I tend to not use them at all because they dont feel as "special" as others...
    Im actually pretty sure the only normal types ive ever used are the ones that are flying as well

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • A large variety of Legendaries. I mean I try my best to actually catch them as often as I possibly can, but then I never bother using them.

In actuality, I prefer putting them all in one box, as like a trophy room. Sad really.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rarely use pokemon with lots of weakness, but most of time I avoid using them and I go with a balance team that counter their weakness against the opponent's pokemon and this case, I willing to use SEST which handles countering their weakspot twice as efficient as non-stab counter.

Sometimes, when pokemon potential is so good I may switch or never use it again

Glameow

Purrrfect~
    Years
  • The Geodude chain. Their looks didn't appeal to me, also no one would help me trade to get Golem.
    Delibird. I had never been lucky enough to catch one. I only recently received one via Wonder Trade, but I gave it away to a friend.
    Combee because of weakness and a poor move pool

Back