• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • like 80% of the players had a vote on them already, not sure what else I was supposed to do apart from random vote then lol

At this point I think it's clear you're digging yourself a hole and are scum tbh

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • don't you just love waking up to the smell of a vote in the morning...mmm...

Anyway, since my random vote, I've been waiting for stuff to talk about, and stuff has happened, thanks to Alex. I think he's town for trying to put reason to his votes and pressure people into discussing stuff. I think Johnny is playing as he normally does as town. He voted for CB because CB put a second vote on Alex so by voting for CB he helps to protect Alex from being lynched. I don't see Alex being scum atm, but even so there's motivation for both sides to do what Johnny did. A townie would want to protect someone who is helpful to the town like Alex, while scum would want to make themselves look like they wanted to protect a valuable townie to get in the town's good books. I'm thinking Johnny is the former atm, but I'm not ruling out the other option yet. inb4 they're both scum and I've been played lol

I didn't really like the way CB responded to Johnny either. Claimed chaos is bad, but it's better than everyone picking someone random to vote and then being done with it, because chaos can generate some discussion, then we can actually read people. I was tempted to vote for CB but I wasn't sure if the case against him was enough.

I think GP's vote on me is reasonable given my inactivity so I'm getting town vibes from him, although I don't agree with him calling the whole CB thing "baseless".

also it's good to know you guys actually expect things from me now. I guess that means I'm not terrible at this game any more...

Years
  • don't you just love waking up to the smell of a vote in the morning...mmm...

Anyway, since my random vote, I've been waiting for stuff to talk about, and stuff has happened, thanks to Alex. I think he's town for trying to put reason to his votes and pressure people into discussing stuff. I think Johnny is playing as he normally does as town. He voted for CB because CB put a second vote on Alex so by voting for CB he helps to protect Alex from being lynched. I don't see Alex being scum atm, but even so there's motivation for both sides to do what Johnny did. A townie would want to protect someone who is helpful to the town like Alex, while scum would want to make themselves look like they wanted to protect a valuable townie to get in the town's good books. I'm thinking Johnny is the former atm, but I'm not ruling out the other option yet. inb4 they're both scum and I've been played lol

I didn't really like the way CB responded to Johnny either. Claimed chaos is bad, but it's better than everyone picking someone random to vote and then being done with it, because chaos can generate some discussion, then we can actually read people. I was tempted to vote for CB but I wasn't sure if the case against him was enough.

I think GP's vote on me is reasonable given my inactivity so I'm getting town vibes from him, although I don't agree with him calling the whole CB thing "baseless".

also it's good to know you guys actually expect things from me now. I guess that means I'm not terrible at this game any more...

You were always reasonable at least lol, even when you first showed up.
    Mind telling us why you've contributed so much less until now?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Alright, seems like a good defense Gimme. I got my eyes on you, but I'll let you go for now. Other than that, I agree with everything else you said, except for NightKrow.

I have no idea what Nick Wilde meant.

I'll decide who to vote for later on. I'm gonna be busy for he next few hours.

[#UNVOTE] gimmepie

Continue the posting! :D

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Partially waiting for things to happen that doesn't just involve arguing about how a voodoo works, partially doing stuff with the fam now I'm home for Christmas, partially just procrastinating, and waiting for arguments between other people to resolve so I have more to work with when I do post.

In other news... I like how Nick is trying to form reads already. I'm not sure what he means with Seth's read, I'd have to look back at Seth's posts. Tbh I hadn't been paying much attention to Seth.

Not sure random voting is a viable option any more (not that it is anyway lul), so I'd better change mine as well I guess.
    [#Unvote] Aquacorde
    [#Lobotomise] Charlie Brown

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • I'm keeping my vote on myself. Keeping the gun pointed to the ground.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Partially waiting for things to happen that doesn't just involve arguing about how a voodoo works, partially doing stuff with the fam now I'm home for Christmas, partially just procrastinating, and waiting for arguments between other people to resolve so I have more to work with when I do post.

In other news... I like how Nick is trying to form reads already. I'm not sure what he means with Seth's read, I'd have to look back at Seth's posts. Tbh I hadn't been paying much attention to Seth.

Not sure random voting is a viable option any more (not that it is anyway lul), so I'd better change mine as well I guess.
    [#Unvote] Aquacorde
    [#Lobotomise] Charlie Brown
    Why Charlie?

Edit: never mind, I neglected to scroll up.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • He's the closest thing I have to a scum read, see my other post. His reason for voting Alex was because Alex was trying to find a reason to vote for someone (even though he was clutching at straws to begin with, but still, CB was effectively voting him for trying to scumhunt,) and his reason for voting Johnny was basically OMGUS.

Edit: oh lol

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Well I see I missed some good happenings...

[#unvote]Seth Rollins
    [#Lobotomize] Charlie Brown

I'm just gonna kinda follow the bandwagon since reading all of this still makes me feel in over my head and I don't understand half of it. You guys need to make a Dictionary or something...

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm just gonna kinda follow the bandwagon since reading all of this still makes me feel in over my head and I don't understand half of it. You guys need to make a Dictionary or something...
    Getting the hang of it and realizing what's going on is a pain at first. If you want anything explained feel free to ask lol we won't bite much

Arsenic

Years
  • Getting the hang of it and realizing what's going on is a pain at first. If you want anything explained feel free to ask lol we won't bite much

Y'know I will probably put together a few questions after work if you're willing to answer then. Would actually be pretty helpful. Thanks! ^_^

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • The day will end in 5 hours tho, and posting at night is forbidden. So if you don't make it today, you can wait till tomorrow or hit me up on discord (assuming the host permits it)(and we obviously cannot talk about this specific game's related stuff, like roles that exist in this game or why X said Y, but you can ask me questions regarding mafia in general, like terminology or something).

On another note, the bandwagon that has formed against CB is understandable, but I still think Wiicked is scummier. Essentially, he was like "you wanna discuss? you're scum.", while CB might have tried to be more active than usual and it backfired. My point is everyone tries to step their game up at some point, and different people try to do so in different ways. It kind of feels like this could be the case for CB, but I guess we will find out soon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I don't mind if you talk about general mafia mechanics in Discord with Arsenic. Or even in this thread, once Day 2 starts. Just keep it vague and terminology-related and we'll be cool.

T-4.5 hours until night starts. Get 'em get 'em get 'em!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • On another note, the bandwagon that has formed against CB is understandable, but I still think Wiicked is scummier. Essentially, he was like "you wanna discuss? you're scum.", while CB might have tried to be more active than usual and it backfired. My point is everyone tries to step their game up at some point, and different people try to do so in different ways. It kind of feels like this could be the case for CB, but I guess we will find out soon.

When did I say discussing is scummy? I said you were grasping at straws and that your arguments were invalid, as several other people also said. Don't put words in my mouth.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Uhh, random voting after all this...
    Especially coming from you.

How's Harley?
    I was on the lou at work, and gave up reading everything but wanted to get my vote in. My laptop broke yesterday so I can onlyuse mobile. Once I get my PC built I'll be able to take more time to read all ya'll reads.

Arsenic

Years
  • The day will end in 5 hours tho, and posting at night is forbidden. So if you don't make it today, you can wait till tomorrow or hit me up on discord (assuming the host permits it)(and we obviously cannot talk about this specific game's related stuff, like roles that exist in this game or why X said Y, but you can ask me questions regarding mafia in general, like terminology or something).

On another note, the bandwagon that has formed against CB is understandable, but I still think Wiicked is scummier. Essentially, he was like "you wanna discuss? you're scum.", while CB might have tried to be more active than usual and it backfired. My point is everyone tries to step their game up at some point, and different people try to do so in different ways. It kind of feels like this could be the case for CB, but I guess we will find out soon.

Thanks! Night falls in like 30 minutes and I have hours left on my shift so I'll probably wait a day. Not like I'll need them over night anyways. Plus I'll be too busy finishing my perfect Mass Effect play through anyways ^_^.

Expect questions at the metaphorical break of dawn!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back