• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

• Pop Culture Asylum

Night 1

Despite a relatively quiet night, everyone was feeling slightly tense and untrustworthy. Still, the group knew there were traitors within, and needed to lobotomise them sooner rather than later. At first, people were content to draw straws and infer conclusions from the reactions of those around them. However, that soon descended into madness, and not the kind that the Asylum was supposed to treat.

Accusations flew left and right, but a consensus slowly emerged at the end of the day. Why was that one guy acting so weird, so scummy, so aloof? The eventual target couldn't have been more delighted. He cackled maniacally as the group hauled him to the Lobotomy Room, with a smile as wide as the permanent one etched onto his face.

"You fools! I played you all against each other and this is the result! Madness is like gravity; all it takes is a little push! Introduce a little anarchy! Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos! I'm an agent of cha-"

And then they pulled the switch. Just to shut him up. But he'd already won.​

Charlie Brown has been lobotomised. He was the Joker.
    Charlie Brown has won the game.

Night will end approximately 24 hours from now at 10:00pm GMT. Please submit your night actions to me via PM/Discord message as soon as possible. And remember rules 1 and 13 below!

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    *Or lobotomize... whatever. Not going to be a grammar Nazi on this.
    The Staff and Patient List

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Salzorrah as Emily Dickinson
    Lelouch as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    EvilChameleon as ???
    Nick Wilde as ???
    lloebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as the Joker
    Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Seth Rollins as ???

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Pop Culture Asylum

Day 2

Oh, what a night* for one Norman Bates. As the sun set, he armed himself with his trusty binoculars and contraband popcorn and watched Kelly Bailey's room like a hawk.

First he saw Paul Blart visit Kelly whilst performing his investigations. Then he saw a small creature scurry through a hole in the wall. Was it a mouse? A squirrel? No, it was a rat. A rat that turned into Peter Pettigrew. He knocked Kelly out cold and dragged her limp body to the Lobotomy Room. Had she been awake, she'd have cackled even more than the Joker, and the Asylum staff wouldn't have wanted that. But Norman saw it all.

And if that wasn't enough, Norman had barely started with his popcorn before a mysterious figure knocked on his door and asked him to join his Family. What else could he do but accept? Who knew the amount of people watching he could do.

Elsewhere, Dr. Evil planted his first poisoned cocktail in a secluded area of the Asylum, and Feathers continued his waddling around the same vicinity. Who knows what secrets he was spouting?​

Alex Kaz has been lobotomised. He was Kelly Bailey.

Day will end approximately 50 hours from now at 00:00pm GMT. Please submit your night actions to me via PM/Discord message as soon as possible. I'll literally be doing a Chris Rea, hence the extra two hours of hopeful chaos.

*Late December, 1963.

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    *Or lobotomize... whatever. Not going to be a grammar Nazi on this.
    The Staff and Patient List

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Salzorrah as Emily Dickinson
    Lelouch as ???
    Alex Kaz as Kelly Bailey
    jdthebud as ???
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    EvilChameleon as ???
    Nick Wilde as ???
    lloebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as the Joker
    Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Seth Rollins as ???

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Right, we must find and remove Manson, that popcorn interrupting fiend.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Crane pls. Dammit I had quite the organizing role, it would be amazing later in the game :' (

Guess your questions will have to wait, Arsenic.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Who wants to win money
    Spoiler:

Nah, I wasn't going to claim to know that.

But he certainly wasn't a very good choice, anyways. But whatever, the fool seems to win quite frequently on day one or even two here in the UG. Everyone is so easily baited.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Who was a better choice then? I don't remember you giving any other options.

Primarily because almost all of the votes against him happened while I was gone.

And nothing he did warranted a bandwagon against him anyways.

I love how people always accuse someone of starting a baseless bandwagon and then use that as reasoning to start one against them instead.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Does poison kill at night or at the end of the night phase?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Oh, well then I'm going to do something totally un-EC-like and role claim.

I am Dr. Frasier Crane, and NightKrow will not be dying to poison on this night.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • lol joker. Also dont get the ec role claim, do you have any lead that would require role claiming to prove?

Years
  • So not going to do Naku's thing (:P), but next time I tell you not to lynch someone don't xD
    Then again, if Krow is poisoned I was wrong about her anyway lol

Which really only leaves Johnny for my current suspect list so I'll keep waiting and watching for now. We've learned that one Paul Blart is "one of the cops" in this game which means we have two (don't remember if this was confirmed or not I do remember at least one was removed though). I'd also hazard a guess that Blart is not the real cop based on that character. That's just speculation though.

Sorry folks, that's all I've got for this moment.

Years
  • I'm sorry, did you ever say CB was the Fool? Oh that's right, you didn't :p and people will follow the most convincing argument, it's not that we should follow you just because you say so haha.

Of course I didn't because, as I assumed was obvious in my clearly joke comment, I did not know. Although quite frankly I do wonder how anyone found the ludicrous arguments against him even remotely convincing. I'm wondering if there wasn't something fishy going on in there.

Years
  • He wanted to get lynched, you do know that, right? Other people saw it too, including Alex.

Um... if people saw he was trying to get lynched he wouldn't have been lynched. Nobody lynches the person who is obviously trying to get lynched. But beyond the attitude he put on (maybe), there was literally nothing against him. It was a bad lynch and a bad bandwagon not because he was the Fool, but because there literally no good reason for the bandwagon to be happening. He didn't even really need to do anything because the bandwagon formed without him actually having to do anything to make it happen. So once it had, he just had to be dismissive and chill. It's not that I want to discredit Josh's win because he made the right plays once the wagon had formed, I'm just saying the stupid bandwagon basically removed all the work he would have needed to do.

Something fishy like what? You should focus on the people who were "sure" about his innocence, such as Seth and lloebet, the only way you could've known was if you were mafia. I'm willing to let lloebet off the hook on this one because of his post during the night phase, though. What do you think about this? And fishy like what?

You don't think someone being successfully bandwagoned when there is literally nothing on them looks even a little bit suspicious? I'm not going to make a guarantee here, but there's a higher chance that mafia were encouraging that bandwagon than discouraging it.

Good plan! Let us ignore a good source of information and instead focus on the small group of people who were correct. Could Seth, Illoebet, myself or anyone else who didn't leap onto that BW be mafia? Shit yeah. It's still too early to absolve anyone of suspicion. I'm not about to disregard the obviously dubious bandwagon from last phase though to look into people. So now you've been schmoozing Alex, perpetuating stupid bandwagons, attacking people for not following along with bad ideas and on top of that you want to push us away from looking into the people who went with the easy BW? Are you intentionally trying to make yourself look scummy? Like, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt because you're always this aggressive and always think that you're right but surely you realise this doesn't look good?

As for Seth, what's suspicious with him isn't so much that he was "sure" of Josh's innocence. I was pretty confident we weren't hitting mafia too (although I'd never have guessed Fool in a million years), so was jd. A touch more suspicious is that normally right now we'd be seeing a lot of aggressive, highly detailed investigative posts from him and for memory he's posted like twice without ever really prodding anyone?

Right now you're my top scum read for sure but I'm willing to concede something does seem off with Seth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back