• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Positive reviews on X&Y so far!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • I checked on Metacritic and the average scores are looking great: 88/100 on both versions as of 10/4/13, which is about a week before release. With these scores, it looks like this is going to be one of the best games of the series so far, and a must-have for Pokemon fans. Maybe I will get a 3DS and buy it! As for everyone who pre-ordered, you probably did make the right decision after all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've seen several 9/10 and the lowest I've seen of several reviews is 82/100 and even that is a good score. It sounds like these games are shaping upto to be a pair of gems!

Years
  • With scores like that, it wouldn't surprise me that fans really do call these the best Pokémon games ever to be released, as they are shaping up to be that way.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I think the lowest I saw was 70/100, with the biggest complaint being that the storyline is still incredibly formulaic. That is a little bit of a disappointment, because if you've been playing for a long time, the gym badges/evil team combo does get a little stale. But I'm hoping that the new graphics & new battle strategies will make up for it.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • oh the reviews are out?!

*goes to ign*

edit: I just saw the scores well really ign. 9/10 is great lol. the only bad thing they said about it was the crappy AI *Which I agree with* Welp. next week better come fast or I am gonna go crazy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Review from Polygon.com: https://www.polygon.com/2013/10/4/4800980/Pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-review

Pokemon X and Y will be remembered for the the graphical improvement, but it's not the biggest thing the game has going for it. Pokemon's online multiplayer functionality is more robust than any game Nintendo has ever published.

Holy Crap these games are going to be EPIC
    Goodness, I never expected to get excited by hearing something from a review (quite the opposite). I can't wait to see what this online multiplayer functionality myself.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 9.5/10 is an exceptionally well score, the way all these professional reviewers are describing these games makes me want them even more! ;;

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Some French video-games websites gave Pokemon X & Y a 17/20, which is a good mark too! They wrote a good review about the game :)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Didn't BW have better scores than this? That generation didn't seem like the best yet...

That's a good question. I checked the scores for BW and they were 87 each, which is as close as it gets in comparison to the XY games. Still, you never know what will happen after a week's wait. Maybe BW will get the higher average score if other reviewers criticize a certain element in X&Y.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What are Metacritic's scores on the original Red and Blue games? If X and Y's metacritic scores didn't surpass it, then GF has failed yet again to dethrone the most overrated installments of the series. Plus, Pokémon is suppose to be in the same ranks as Mario, Zelda, CoD, and GTA, so getting a 80 something would be considered bad for its reputation.

Years
  • What are Metacritic's scores on the original Red and Blue games? If X and Y's metacritic scores didn't surpass it, then GF has failed yet again to dethrone the most overrated installments of the series. Plus, Pokémon is suppose to be in the same ranks as Mario, Zelda, CoD, and GTA, so getting a 80 something would be considered bad for its reputation.

I disagree that you can say GF failed if they can't top the one that started it all. Like, that was the very beginning with an amazingly new adventure, and it was one of the biggest games of the time, so I doubt anything will really surpass it.

But metacritic doesn't have red and blue in its database (probably because it is really old and not many reviews were posted online. At least that's what I'm assuming). IGN, however, gave Red and Blue a 10/10.

Also, an 80 something is not bad. All of those series have gotten a score in that area or lower. Hell, Animal Crossing New Leaf is considered a revolutionary 3DS game and it got an 87.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I disagree that you can say GF failed if they can't top the one that started it all. Like, that was the very beginning with an amazingly new adventure, and it was one of the biggest games of the time, so I doubt anything will really surpass it.

Nintendo did surpass Super Mario Bros., the one that started it all, with Wii Sports, sales wise, and it also got surpassed by its later installments: SMB3 and SMG. So why can't GF do it with Pokémon?

But metacritic doesn't have red and blue in its database (probably because it is really old and not many reviews were posted online. At least that's what I'm assuming). IGN, however, gave Red and Blue a 10/10.

Which automatically means X and Y has failed to be better than Red and Blue.

Also, an 80 something is not bad. All of those series have gotten a score in that area or lower. Hell, Animal Crossing New Leaf is considered a revolutionary 3DS game and it got an 87.
    A metacritic score of 90+ is would I consider a revolutionary game, which both XY and New Leaf appear to have failed to surpass.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The majority of reviewers, and I've seen a good handful now are giving 90/100 or 4/5 Stars which isn't perfect surely, but it's very commendable and just as good as the predecessors.

Back