• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poster, or Lurker?

Years
  • I'm more of a lurker.. I do post sometimes, but I don't very often. Sometimes I actually write posts, stare at it for a bit, question if I should post it, then just leave the page haha. Does anyone else do that?:P

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
  • I only post on things that interest me because if they didn't it would be a waste of time. If I have something worth contributing then I will post. I hate it when people post on every single new thread, even if their post is okay. I have no way of proving this, but I feel that some people try as hard as they can to think of something to say so they can give their input on every single post, whether it's because they want to raise their post count and/or they just want to be part of everyone's conversation.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I don't come on here often anyway, but when I do I'm definitely more of a lurker than a poster. I'm that way on all the forums I'm on, I guess. I generally only post when I feel like I can add something to a topic or have something to say; I never post just for the sake of posting.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • I post a lot. But I ignore some thread 30% change of ignoring..
    But I make 40 post a day if I have nothing to do and I'm not that busy.
    But some of it doesn't count because some of them are from forum games.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Well this is my first post in well over a month so it's pretty safe to say I'm a lurker. Really this is the only section I post in and every now and again I get a sudden urge to post something just to let people know I'm still around.
    Often I'll read other sections and take a look around the forum, but I don't really post that often.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm a mixture of both. I like to post threads that interest me, and I lurk through some places in the forums in order to think deeply on what I'm going to post, so the website won't log me off for staying online for too long.

dlanijer

Dual Wielding
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    I lurk.. a lot. Mostly because if I don't have anything to really say or contribute to the conversation yet I'll keep my trap closed until it comes time to let loose some dictation or novels. I really just like reading and gaining more knowledge from other people and their respective posts/perspectives/opinions. After a good two decades, I think it's about time I opened my mind up just a wee bit more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I'm definitely mostly a lurker. Been here for a year and a half; still don't have many posts to show for it :P I only post when I feel it's absolutely needed. Lately I have been posting more though..

Years
  • Compared to this same time last year, I'm much more of a poster than I was then, but I still spend some of my time just lurking in different sections and threads without having much to contribute.

This thread is no exception either, as I first saw it a couple of weeks ago, but didn't bother replying to it until now, haha.

Aurora2698

Unofficial Semicolon Queen
    Years
  • If I want to post or if I feel I have something to add, I'll post; otherwise I'll just lurk and just read through whatever thread it is I'm viewing.

Years
  • I'm largely a lurker. Most of the time I won't post because I feel like I don't have much to contribute or because someone else has more or less posted the exact same thing I was going to. Though I'd post anyway after a bit because I feel bad about being a member on a forum and not saying anything lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I was definitely a poster for many years but now I don't post much. Mind you, I don't visit much either and I do try to post once or twice when I do check in, but I read a lot more threads than I bother posting in nowadays.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Same as Erica. Though I never posted like crazy ever. Apart from my noob days, that is. Now I mostly lurk and post once or twice per day tops. Generally don't even do that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I Lurk moar.

This is why I only recently am approaching 5k posts, slowly but surely.

I tend to emphasize making quality posts over quantity; except when it adds nothing to postcount. But I don't always have time to post either, so I lurk and watch until the need to respond graces me. Then I put thought and feeling into what I post.

Back