• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poster, or Lurker?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Are you a poster and have to post in every thread you click on, or are you a lurker and rarely post, but prefer to see what other people post? Why did you choose your answer? Do you have any weird posting habits you have noticed?

I feel like I'm a combination of the two, but lean heavier on the lurker side of things. I'll click on various threads, but won't really post. I'll post on topics I feel like answering, but half of the time I just don't feel like answering. The only places on here I feel bad about not posting on topics is here in the Chit Chat and Polls, and in the Fan Fiction and Writing sections. I have no idea why I feel like that. I guess I'm not much of a conversationalist and I have to really try to be a part of a conversation, whether it's here or in various chatrooms.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I try and post in whatever thread I view, koff~

Some threads I just read up on. If I don't have anything to offer I tend not to say anything. I don't just go posting left and right on things I have no opinion or input. I try not to post every other time (I post, you post, I post) and wait for someone else to get their say in. I try to leave threads better than I found them, koffi~

Sirfetch’d

I post in threads that interest me or I will post if I feel like I can make a good contribution to the discussion at hand. Otherwise I won't post because I don't see a need to.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Depends on the topic, I guess I would be more like 70% poster - 30% lurker.... I tend to post in most topics I click on if I can contribute something, but at times I'll open a topic I"m interested in just reading (especially on some that are more than 4 months old to post in)

Years
    I'm mostly a poster, although there can be times where I am a lurker and that's usually if I can't find anywhere to post.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My post count is almost 23k and I'm not going to say anything more.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    I am a poster all the way. I feel that whenever I visit a thread I just HAVE to write something lol.(unless of course I dont know what to write lol)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I lurk a lot more than I think I do, but usually because I'll think about posting but then when I actually type out my post I'll look at it and think it's not worth it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I find when the topic has a lot of posts already, I'm more of a lurker, because what I want to say has already been said. So you'll see me post a lot in the newer threads. It's not that I need to get my point across before anyone else, idk, it's just how I operate.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I post in threads that interest me or that I like to keep up with. But I generally post five times a week to the max. I find it hard writing posts all the time and there are not that many threads that catch my eye. Plus life's been busy so I don't have the enthusiasm from before. I try to post but I generally just lurk and see who makes good posts/responses etc. :p

Crux

Evermore
    Years
    I'm more of a lurker, I guess. I'll post in a thread if I want to, but more often read, leave, and then possibly return to post later.

I seem to be becoming more and more of a lurker, lately, again. As I was before I joined.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster. My post count pretty much proves that xD.

I prefer reading post rather than actually posting. So overall, I'm like 80% lurker and 20% poster.

Years
    I'm more of a poster than a lurker. If there isn't an opportunity to post, I'll make an opportunity to post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Last year, I've been lurking the forums entirely, but this year, I've decided to turn myself into an active poster. I have a lot of free time on my hands than I did last year, so I needed something to spend my time with other than playing video games. Usually, I post reply to a thread if I have something good to say. If I don't have much things to say, or if I don't have anything to say at all, then I will just read what other people have posted and leave. I'll come back to the thread later when I'm able to think of something that contributes to the conversation. n__n

Years
    I've become a lurker. I still log on at least every other day, if not daily... just can't be bothered to post much anymore. So sad. ;__; except very few people care, amirite

While I was active, I'd post in CCP, but lurk other forums. This is still the only forum where I'll post.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I do both. I'll lurk around the forum until I find a thread that I wish to post in and I'll post in it. That said I venture into most areas of PC but I only post more in some areas than in others because of whether or not I have to say anything. Like General Entertainment I go there and lurk but I normally don't post there because most of the things there I don't watch or something so I can't contribute.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    All of my accounts added together, I've accumulated well over 15,000 posts here. So I'm definitely more of the poster kind than I am a lurker. On occasion, however, I'll find myself lurking in various threads that have a topic that interests me, because I'm curious what other people are saying, but I have no actual interest in posting in. Unless I think of something to say or comment on, then maybe I might.

Back