• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre Order Bonuses Speculation Thread!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I feel that all the North American territories will get as an OR/AS pre-order bonus is a poster, just like X/Y.

I also wish that the steel book cases are a worldwide thing, but I think it's understandable that they may not distribute that elsewhere, due to economic issues.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I feel that all the North American territories will get as an OR/AS pre-order bonus is a poster, just like X/Y.

I also wish that the steel book cases are a worldwide thing, but I think it's understandable that they may not distribute that elsewhere, due to economic issues.

I think that the steel cases being released as pre-order bonuses will boost initial sales of the games. Also, I don't imagine they'll cost that much.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    The thing is, the Nintendo UK store steelbook edition won't come with the standard edition packaging, meaning it'll sort of look out of place in my collection without the standard box...I would like the figurine as well, but I think I'll probably end up losing it, like with my Giratina and Arceus figures, so maybe I should just go for Game's steelbook edition.

if i dont live in Uk,can i pre order the two games form the official nintendo store?(i mean nintendo.co.uk)
    i live in Europe.

Apparently, they do not ship outside of the UK https://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/shop-faqs#Delivery

Years
    The thing is, the Nintendo UK store steelbook edition won't come with the standard edition packaging, meaning it'll sort of look out of place in my collection without the standard box...I would like the figurine as well, but I think I'll probably end up losing it, like with my Giratina and Arceus figures, so maybe I should just go for Game's steelbook edition.
    But looking at this picture:
    Spoiler:

It may not be clear but it looks like we get the standard packaging plus the steelbook... Or Nintendo could just be using the standard box to represent the game itself, I don't know... I hope it does come with the standard box...

Since I'm still waiting for my debit card to come through I haven't preordered yet, I really want the Steelbooks but I don't know whether to preorder from GAME for speedy (Early if they continue their past trend with games I have preordered from them) delivery or from Nintendo so I get the neat little figurines...

Years
    I hope that in a few days those of us in Australia, and North America get our own pre-order bonuses announced.

I'm kinda hoping Australians can get something decent, but for the North Americans I have a gut feeling they'll get the short end of the stick again and end up with just a poster.

Australians often got stuff that while not the best of the bunch, was at least something better than a poster. I recall that for Black & White we got Nintendo DS cases with Reshiram and Zekrom when the game was pre-ordered at JB Hi-Fi stores.

I don't recall the other games' preorder bonuses but B/W's was fairly alright.

Years
    Spoiler:

It may not be clear but it looks like we get the standard packaging plus the steelbook... Or Nintendo could just be using the standard box to represent the game itself, I don't know... I hope it does come with the standard box...

Since I'm still waiting for my debit card to come through I haven't preordered yet, I really want the Steelbooks but I don't know whether to preorder from GAME for speedy (Early if they continue their past trend with games I have preordered from them) delivery or from Nintendo so I get the neat little figurines...
    That's what it looks like to me too.

Hikamaru, your post makes me depressed :(

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Spoiler:

That does seem to make it seem as though the standard packaging does come with it. It's just I've read that a few people have asked, and the staff have said that while GAME includes it, the Nintendo store doesn't include the standard packaging...but perhaps all the staff did was look at the page, saw the packaging wasn't on it, and said no. Nintendo UK blog says that it comes with it, too, so I suppose it does.

Years
    I noticed that the yellow on Groudon on the steelbox seems dimmer than that on the official art and the standard package.

Anyways if they don't reveal any special pre-order by this week for those of us in the NA then chances are we probably aren't getting anything other than the poster...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly I would be fine with just a poster, because I don't think I would really use anything else anyway. Hell, I don't even think I would put up the poster anywhere but it would be nice to look at. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    The steelbook case isn't a pre-order bonus, you have to pay £5 extra and game are calling it the limited edition of the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Seriously want the steelbook thing, but pity I am in America... But, I am waiting for any pre-release bonuses. I am sure they will do one eventually. I will get it then.

Also, for the person who bought it at Target, Target usually does a special Pokemon giveaway for people who get the game from them. I remember for one of the games, there was one giveaway of some Pokemon that I wanted, but I never went to Target to buy the game.

Super belated reply, but if you're referring to me, do you know if they generally ever include preorder bonuses only for store pickup or will they add the bonus (IF they do it) to shipped packages too?

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I pre-ordered from EB Games here (Australia) and you get either a Groudon figurine or a Kyogre one.

Pre Order Bonuses Speculation Thread!

And then another store I pre-ordered from is called Game Traders and I get this lol
    Spoiler:

Years
    I pre-ordered from EB Games here (Australia) and you get either a Groudon figurine or a Kyogre one.

Pre Order Bonuses Speculation Thread!

And then another store I pre-ordered from is called Game Traders and I get this lol
    Spoiler:

I actually had a feeling Australia's pre-order bonus was a figurine, and from EB Games as I expected. But now we have to wait to see what the Americans get, although I will think they'll likely end up getting nothing but a poster.

Years
    Apparently here in the US, if you pre-order Both games you get a Charzard plush valued $22 (thought I saw $29 somewhere though)
    Very nice for a bonus, but it'd be nice if you got something for ordering just one game.
    Hope it will be a Mega Charizard X though :O Would of been really excited if it was Hoenn related in the slightest, Rayquaza plush even? :P I don't collect Charizard but might keep it if it's Mega X :>

Where do I go to get this bonus? Super interested in this (especially since it's the only one for US so far)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    Where do I go to get this bonus? Super interested in this (especially since it's the only one for US so far)

Toys R Us, but I would call the store and get the electronics department to make sure they are doing it. You should get a paper card showing the Pokemon Center plushies on it to comfirm :) I called 6 Toys R Us locations in my state and only one was doing it.
    Found out it's first come first-serve to pick between a Mega X and Mega Y Charizard plush :) Pokemon Center plush arn't buyabe in Toys R Us normally either so it's an awesome deal :D

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
    Fairly certain that this thread has served it's purpose. You can lock this thread, as it is useless at this stage.

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
    real pokemon

I dont know why, but I hope we get a poster. My room is quite bland.

Anyone remember the poster you got for preordering super mario galaxy 2?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I heard that Toys R Us are giving out plushes with their pre-orders. Sadly I already pre-ordered from GameStop. Sucks that I get a poster, but obviously I pre-ordered for the game, so I'm not bothered too much.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
    toys r us doing the plushies hmmmm.. makes me regret doing my pre-order but having to call idk how many stores to see if they're doing the promo ._____. i'm really hoping the north american regions get something more than a poster. (main reason i didn't pre-order at gamestop)

Back