• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred Pet?

Preferred Pet?

• Cats

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Dogs

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Both

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    I like cats for no apparent reason.
    maybe it;s because my cat stares at everything with her cute wide eyes.XD

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Cats by far. I had 2 cats when I was younger, but they both had to be put down for various reasons. I'd really like to get a kitten, but my dad really isn't a pet fan.

As for why, they're just so damn cute :3

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Dogs are nice, but I like cats a bit more. I don't know why. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to them, so yeah. But dogs are nice, too.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Dogs are more fun to play with while cats just kinda...sit there. XD

Years
    Dogs are more fun to play with while cats just kinda...sit there. XD

You've clearly never had two cats in the same place and one hated the other. Makes both of them paranoid and high-sprung and easy to mess with. :x

I do like both, as both can be a blast and/or amusing and cuddly, but they're a lot of freaking work if you've got two and they have territorial spats, especially among cats, so I'm not really too keen on having any more of either.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Both... i'm a real serious animal person but seeing as my mom is allergic to Cats and my house is too small for a dog I have to settle for a fish.
    Though a Hamster would be nice we don't have them here in New Zealand XD

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Cats. I've always been afraid of dogs ever since one jumped up on me and knocked me over when I was only 5 years old. When I see a loose dog, I start to breathe quickly and heavily, I start to have a panic attack. I start to panic hystericaly. I have to go over to whoever is with me, grab onto them very tightly.. and walk with my eyes closed until we get away/it goes away. Even hearing news stories about dogs killing people makes me even worse. I also can't go to beaches because of this fear.. which is a shame. :c Cats may have sharp claws and teeth.. but I prefer them more than dogs. Probably because I've owned a cat for more than half of my life.

To those who say cats just "sit there", they don't all the time. If you go get a piece of string and go up to a cat, it will chase it.. it's a lot of fun! :3

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I like big cats like the Savannah cat, and small dogs like cockapoos. Although I would have to say I like cats better in general.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    Aw, I thought this was going to be pets in general, not dogs vs. cats. I was going to say that I really want a pet hedgehog, but unfortunately they're illegal in California. XD

Well, I've always had cats, but I like both. And not all cats are antisocial and sleep all day, I've seen several cats all to willing to hop into your lap and lay with you.

Ayselipera

Both are great, but I prefer cats. I used to always think dogs were the better pet until my family ended up getting a cat and then I realized that cats are a lot better. Cats work for me because they can take care of themselves. Pretty much the only thing you have to do is feed them and the rest they can do themselves. If you have a more involved or active personality then a dog is probably the better pet for you. Since they need a lot more attention and are more likely to play then a cat would.

I also find cats to be absolutely adorable. I still don't think there is anything cuter then when I find my cat sleeping on my bed. I guess it's something only cat people can understand. ;)

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Love both, but I'm gonna have to go with dogs. I've had cats and dogs in the past, but I've never felt the same connection with cats that I have with dogs.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I like them both! But I prefer cats because they're really chill and don't require all the attention a dog does. Plus I like the bury my face in my cat's fluff. He's very fuzzy.

Back