• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

Years
  • Maybe they'll go back to basics and have a classic rumble with an unexpected winner that needs the push... a girl can dream right 😅

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I will not be making predictions/'who I want to win' lists for Royal Rumble this year. Why? Because there are literally no choices. At all. Due to their BS of releasing way too many people.

As far as the matches themselves... the only thing that really makes logical sense to me for winners is Brock Lesnar for the men (to continue feud with Reigns) and either Bianca Belair (again) or Alexa Bliss for the women. The former to rehash the Becky Lynch feud or the latter to continue the Charlotte Flair feud.

At this point I just want my prediction of WWE going the way of WCW to come true already so everyone will STFU about WWE and it's problems.

Bliss is on Raw though 😂 but if she does win, I guess she'll still find her way onto Smackdown anyway. For the women's Rumble I thought of Bianca, Sasha or Bayley as possible winners until Sasha got hurt so scratch that one off. I thought of Bayley because she is on Smackdown and there can be a good story to tell with her chasing after Charlotte for the title and going on to be in her very first Mania main event (Sasha, Charlotte and Becky have all main evented, Bayley has yet to do that). As for the men's Rumble, no predictions there, I just want to see WWE attempt to surprise fans in that match. They are welcome to try.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Brand split doesn't matter at all anymore with Seth Rollins in a match for the SmackDown title, the Usos showing up on Raw the past couple of weeks, and Kevin Owens teaming up with Seth Rollins on a previous SmackDown. I don't know why the brand split is even still a thing anymore. But yes the winner of the Rumble is allowed to choose whoever they want despite what brand they are on.

Also all of this might be moot now. New rumor from CageSideSeats. Click below for possible spoilers and more rage and complaining from others due to it I guess.

Spoiler:

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Brand split doesn't matter at all anymore with Seth Rollins in a match for the SmackDown title, the Usos showing up on Raw the past couple of weeks, and Kevin Owens teaming up with Seth Rollins on a previous SmackDown. I don't know why the brand split is even still a thing anymore. But yes the winner of the Rumble is allowed to choose whoever they want despite what brand they are on.

You're right about the split not mattering anymore, which is one reason I'm hoping the world titles will be unified at Mania because what's the point of having two when people can float between shows? Just have one world champion who does that so they can have a wider range of challengers. Or would the people at USA and Fox be bothered about that?

As for that spoiler, I heard about it on a couple of review podcasts. It certainly is a surprise, and if WWE goes with that option I would be interested to see how it turns out.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Can the winners not choose who they face from any show this year? That was always one of the cooler parts of the rumble, and I was sad the odd time they didn't give that option.

I liked when Edge won last year and he appeared on NXT to tease the idea of going for the title there. That was cool. I wonder if that can still happen now in the 2.0 era, given that we've had main roster stars like AJ Styles showing up on NXT. Could that extend to Rumble winners too?

Years
  • I liked when Edge won last year and he appeared on NXT to tease the idea of going for the title there. That was cool. I wonder if that can still happen now in the 2.0 era, given that we've had main roster stars like AJ Styles showing up on NXT. Could that extend to Rumble winners too?

Charlotte took on Rhea Ripley for the NXT belt after winning the rumble a couple of years back!

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Charlotte took on Rhea Ripley for the NXT belt after winning the rumble a couple of years back!

Yes, and back then NXT was treated like a 3rd brand. I thought Bianca would also travel to NXT last year but she didn't, which I thought at the time was a little odd because Edge went there so how come she didn't? Now that NXT has reverted back to being more developmental than 3rd brand, what are the chances of Rumble winners showing up there? I wonder about that.

Years
  • Well, I watched the rumble...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I watched the Rumble last night with my friend and I thought it SUCKED! Like WTF! The Women's Rumble felt like it just dragged on and on and I wanted to bang my head on the table. I was kinda hoping Charolette would win as much as nobody wanted her to other than Lita it made the only sense. Either of them could have won and then challenged the other.

The other matches were just.....meh. The tag match was the only decent one.

The Men's Rumble was the most entertaining as I was rooting for several and honestly wasn't mad with Brock winning. One thing I will bitch about is this STOP DOING FUCKING CANADIAN DESTROYERS! The only person who should do them is Petey Williams THAT'S IT! The fact that someone else yet again did one and a NON-WRESTLER no less is a slap in the face. Not only that Petey now works in WWE you don't use someone else's finisher without their permission. I saw Bad Bunny do it and was like WTAF can we NOOOOOT!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • WOW. IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M PSYCHIC OR SOMETHING.

*takes a bow*

*leaves*

see you all when WWE goes kaput and I get to scream I TOLD YOU SO in all your faces

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Pretty much. I hardly ever watch WWE now a days because they can't do anything good now. Just thinking about how it was 20-30 years ago to now its like WOOOOOOW.

Years
  • WOW. IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M PSYCHIC OR SOMETHING.

*takes a bow*

*leaves*

see you all when WWE goes kaput and I get to scream I TOLD YOU SO in all your faces

While I understand you are passionate about wrestling, your repeated outbursts, and extremely aggressive tone - directed not at wrestling, but at other innocent forum users - is not only unfair, it is unacceptable.

Everyone, please keep discussions respectful of your fellow members.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • LOL

Spoiler:

I've been a WWE fan since it was WWF and I'm getting reeeeeally over the booking of this company. AEW is fine but it's just hard to watch in Australia, I'm pretty sure it's not on TV and I don't know where to watch any wrestling online so it's WWE on Fox 8 for me. Now that Jeff Hardy is gone (love himb) I dunno if I can keep putting myself through this. Were any of the rumble matches actually any good? I'm looking it up on Wikipedia now.

Spoiler:

Side note, I miss Gail Kim :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Other than the mix Tag match with Edge and Beth vs Miz and Maryse everything else pretty much sucked. Like it was a huge disappointment. Women's Rumble felt like it dragged on forever.

Years
  • LOL

Spoiler:

I've been a WWE fan since it was WWF and I'm getting reeeeeally over the booking of this company. AEW is fine but it's just hard to watch in Australia, I'm pretty sure it's not on TV and I don't know where to watch any wrestling online so it's WWE on Fox 8 for me. Now that Jeff Hardy is gone (love himb) I dunno if I can keep putting myself through this. Were any of the rumble matches actually any good? I'm looking it up on Wikipedia now.

Spoiler:

Side note, I miss Gail Kim :(

The mens rumble was so boring for me. Unlike Caite-chan, I much preferred the women's match, but it still wasn't the best there's been.

The tag match was great fun. There is literally nothing Miz can't make work.

The show as a whole was really disappointing imo.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I'm just about to load up some wrestling podcasts to find out what happened on Raw yesterday, but my thoughts about the Rumble are pretty much the same as yours 😂 boring (the men's Rumble match) and predictable (both Rumble matches). The state of the crowd as well took me out of it, they were hyped at the beginning of the show then the DQ finish happened and it was a slow downhill roll from there. The women's Rumble had some cool surprises, with a few encounters which I think could lead to matches down the road e.g. The Bellas vs Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan maybe? Seeing Mickie James come out to Hardcore Country with the Knockouts title was awesome, I'm glad she at least got to do that. Ronda wasn't my pick to win but I've accepted her winning. I'm more interested in her story than in Lesnar's story because if Ronda wins at Mania she'll have a number of intriguing challengers that she could work with on Smackdown alone. But the same can't really be said for Lesnar or Reigns if either of them wins at Mania.

The only WWE shows that I bother to watch each week these days have been NXT 2.0 and NXT UK. They aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I find them to be less disappointing than Raw and Smackdown. Smackdown was watchable for some months because of whatever Reigns and the Bloodline were up to, but outside of that upper card it's mostly garbage :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Ronda lost all of my respect when she called wrestling fake and then laughed when wrestlers got pissed at her for what she said. While yes pro wrestling is considered staged and predicated its still real in that you will still get hurt. The fact that she thought the whole industry was a joke and buried it was not cool and then came back as if people were going to forget what she said.

Back