• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

User Anon 1848

aj styles has a job for life with wwe but maaaaan would i give anything to see him jump ship to aew. it'd be cool to see him do even one match with omega like jericho initially planned on doing before it led to much more. if i could be greedy and get another non-wwe match for styles, him vs switchblade would be a dream for me too.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm so happy they did AJ right in WWE.

It's such a rarity for them these days, but they succeeded with AJ.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I'd like to see Lesnar, if he is a part timer, bring legitimacy to a part time belt. I'm thinking put the Million Dollar Championship on him.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • WWE put their foot in their mouths again and/or shot themselves in the foot for the 800th time.

They released more talent and continue to claim 'budget cuts' for the reason. The most shocking on this list this time is Keith Lee and Karrion Kross.

All this BS is starting to make me legitimately consider quitting. Which is saying something coming from me of all people.

However I'll be sticking to my word and waiting for the inevitability that is AEW being the new main company. Once that happens... I'm out.

Years
  • WWE put their foot in their mouths again and/or shot themselves in the foot for the 800th time.

They released more talent and continue to claim 'budget cuts' for the reason. The most shocking on this list this time is Keith Lee and Karrion Kross.

All this BS is starting to make me legitimately consider quitting. Which is saying something coming from me of all people.

However I'll be sticking to my word and waiting for the inevitability that is AEW being the new main company. Once that happens... I'm out.

I mean with all due respect... it really sounds like you've made up your mind and are essentially waiting to leave on something you're pretty sure is going to happen so... why not just like it or lump it?

You've mentioned quitting a few times and I would think that if something affected you that much, you'd want rid pretty sharpish :P

Years
  • If AEW becomes the "main company" and all your favourites are wrestling there, then would watching it really be such a bad thing? :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Well my favorite just left Impact to have a tryout as a producer for Smackdown sooooo...lol. Something I literally never thought would EVER happen.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I miss companies having partnerships with NJPW and AJPW. We haven't seen athletes like Yujiro in like 12 years.

Years
  • I have a feeling WWE will be just fine, they've weathered much bigger storms!

I just hope they start producing a decent product again at some point.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Gotta pour one out for Big E after what happened at WWE Day 1 last weekend. I was happy to see him become a world champion but I just didn't see creative doing him any favours during his reign. Didn't see him holding that title all the way to Mania too. My hope now is that the 2 world titles will be unified at Mania, doesn't matter if that new belt goes to Reigns. Did any of you watch Day 1 as well and if so, what did you make of it and how do you think things will play out as we head for the Royal Rumble?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Can someone please explain to me how the hell WWE convinced Mickie James to be in the Women's Royal Rumble after the way they treated her after her release? Not only that... why is the company she working for allowing this? Every company out there is pretty much full anti-WWE and wants them gone entirely at this point.

I don't understand what's going on in the slightest.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Scott D'Amore most likely had a hand in this being the VP for iMPACT Wrestling. WWE has always been that we're better than everyone else attitude and no one can touch us whereas most of the other larger named companies don't have that issue and are willing to cross-promote and work with each other. I know for a fact that TNA/iMPACT did a lot of cross-promote work with other wrestling companies back in their early days when they would have their World Cup. NWA, AAA, the Indy scene and even Japan. You had TNA wrestlers wrestling in Japan on Japan's biggest wrestling show, Wrestle Kingdom.

I mean look at how many wrestlers have gone to WWE in the past decade or so either wrestling or working backstage. Hell my favorite Petey Williams who stated on more than one occasion that he would most likely never go to WWE has just signed a contract to work as a producer.

Years
  • why is the company she working for allowing this? Every company out there is pretty much full anti-WWE and wants them gone entirely at this point.

I don't understand what's going on in the slightest.

It's always been commonly known that WWE refuses to work with other companies, even when they have offered, not the other way round, so I'm not sure it's as surprising as you think!

Most wrestling companies have a very long history of cross-promotion, WWE has always been the outlier in that respect 😊

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • They could've saved it as a big surprise at the actual event. Oh well, hopefully Mickie will get to do a lot in the match before she's eliminated.

Years
  • They could've saved it as a big surprise at the actual event.

That was one of the big selling points of rumbles to me - guessing who was coming next. Maybe a big return from injury, maybe some hot new signing, maybe some comedic fan service, you just never really knew.

Lately it feels like we know them all before it happens.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • That was one of the big selling points of rumbles to me - guessing who was coming next. Maybe a big return from injury, maybe some hot new signing, maybe some comedic fan service, you just never really knew.

Lately it feels like we know them all before it happens.

For now Knoxville has taken the major comedic fan service spot 😆 With all the releases that have been going on so far and looking at the people who make up the main roster right now (there aren't even enough women to make a full rumble match, that's insane!), I don't know which hot new signing will pop up. Even qualifier matches for rumble spots, how many could be done in the weeks leading up to the show? I expect we'll get several NXT names in the rumble. How the crowd will react to those NXT stars will be very interesting now that we are in the 2.0 era.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I will not be making predictions/'who I want to win' lists for Royal Rumble this year. Why? Because there are literally no choices. At all. Due to their BS of releasing way too many people.

As far as the matches themselves... the only thing that really makes logical sense to me for winners is Brock Lesnar for the men (to continue feud with Reigns) and either Bianca Belair (again) or Alexa Bliss for the women. The former to rehash the Becky Lynch feud or the latter to continue the Charlotte Flair feud.

At this point I just want my prediction of WWE going the way of WCW to come true already so everyone will STFU about WWE and it's problems.

Back