• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Profanity! Wash You Mouth With Soap!

Do you swear

• A Lot!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Only When I'm Angry!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Never!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I Swear Like a Giant Radioactive Monkey!

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    CaRtOON said:
    Hmm, this is very very old @@; But anyways, I don't cuss as much as I used to. I don't mind hearing people cuss if they're around people, but it ticks me off when people cuss repeatedly. Ever seen The Blair Witch Project? They cussed so much that I wanted to kick their mouths and break their jaws, repeated cussing ain't fun or cool no more, it gets annoying =P Once in a while cussin is more fun, but some people cuss too much just cus they think it makes them look cool --;; Its annoying..

*dies*
    I agree, even though I've never seen that movie. o_o" Some people are just like "****! what the ****? Close the ****-ing door" Please. English is a wonderful language. =.=

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Miyu-chan said:
    I agree, even though I've never seen that movie. o_o" Some people are just like "****! what the ****? Close the ****-ing door" Please. English is a wonderful language. =.=

o.o"
    Whoa, so many f's there. :P
    Now I see why it's called the witch project. XD

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • I don't like swearing either. I only do by accident. Like if I'm playing a video game and screw up or lose to the computer or if I make a mess by dropping something... stuff like that. It just slips ya know? I never swear in public though. I barely even talk a lot at school... what would people think if I went and swore?!? It would be strange. But it is hard to go a day without hearing any cursing. Especially at work! Every other word that comes out of some people's mouths are swears. I try to stay away from those conversations though. But what's even worse is my little sister has started cursing a lottle bit now! It's horrible! She doesn't say anything really bad but still... she has to watch what she says! My grandmother even swears at me. Or she used to. A couple years ago I would stay up late (I still do but I don't get yelled at anymore) and my grandmother would make her nightly round to the bathroom around midnight. She would see me awake and start swearing at me in Italian. It was horrible... all I did was stay up late. Nothing else...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Swearing at you for staying up late?
    *sweatdrops*
    Wait, she's a grandma. XD
    Most grandparent's get grumpy especially mine.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • YES! She swore at me... a lot... just for being up past midnight. Which I do pretty much everynight anyway! She does get grumpy pretty easily though. Plus her room is right next to mine so I guess she hears every little sound from my TV or something. But my mom is worse. She doesn't curse at me for it though. She'll just yell... but she is scary! I hate when I try to tell my grandmother something... about school or something like that. We'll have a nice conversation and POOF! She'll somehow changed the topic and start swearing at me again in Italian about how my room is a mess. Believe me... I know my room is a mess... you don't have to swear at me for it. It's horrible! I hate when she starts doing that to me! Once she even said she was happier before I moved in with her... that was really mean! I don't even remember what I did to deserve that one! Plus... it was her fault I had to move in. My cousins should have had too... then they would live closer to me! But my family had to move in after my grandfather dies in 1990 something... I was in 2nd grade... I don't feel like figuring it out now! So we moved in with her cuz she didn't want to live alone... and a few years ago she said she didn't like me living with her...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • snowangel3181988 said:
    YES! She swore at me... a lot... just for being up past midnight. Which I do pretty much everynight anyway! She does get grumpy pretty easily though. Plus her room is right next to mine so I guess she hears every little sound from my TV or something. But my mom is worse. She doesn't curse at me for it though. She'll just yell... but she is scary! I hate when I try to tell my grandmother something... about school or something like that. We'll have a nice conversation and POOF! She'll somehow changed the topic and start swearing at me again in Italian about how my room is a mess. Believe me... I know my room is a mess... you don't have to swear at me for it. It's horrible! I hate when she starts doing that to me! Once she even said she was happier before I moved in with her... that was really mean! I don't even remember what I did to deserve that one! Plus... it was her fault I had to move in. My cousins should have had too... then they would live closer to me! But my family had to move in after my grandfather dies in 1990 something... I was in 2nd grade... I don't feel like figuring it out now! So we moved in with her cuz she didn't want to live alone... and a few years ago she said she didn't like me living with her...

OH Crap thats how my grandmother on my father's side is.. I Hate her.. we'll be talking and then i say something and she's swearin in Portuguese...
    She'll blame mad stuff on me like music and clothes and stuff... Woah

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • This is my mother's mother.... I see where my mom gets it from! Swearin at me in Italian... geez what did I do to her! I hate it when she swears at soap operas! They're not real! It's only TV... It bothers me cuz sometimes I'll be walking through the room and she'll swear and I'll think it's at me! When in reality it's at the characters on the show. I still don't know what I did to make her hate me and favor my bratty sister...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    snowangel3181988 said:
    YES! She swore at me... a lot... just for being up past midnight. Which I do pretty much everynight anyway! She does get grumpy pretty easily though. Plus her room is right next to mine so I guess she hears every little sound from my TV or something. But my mom is worse. She doesn't curse at me for it though. She'll just yell... but she is scary! I hate when I try to tell my grandmother something... about school or something like that. We'll have a nice conversation and POOF! She'll somehow changed the topic and start swearing at me again in Italian about how my room is a mess. Believe me... I know my room is a mess... you don't have to swear at me for it. It's horrible! I hate when she starts doing that to me!

Hey just stuff everything n your closet. XD
    It always works for me.
    Wow, non of my relatives ever sweared at me except some of my younger cousins.
    Man, was your grandpa okay with your grandma swear or does he swear also?

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • About my grandfather... let's just say my mom (his daughter) said he was put out of his misory. Yeah... so I guess he swore a lot too. I don't really remember. Like I said... I was in 2nd grade... no! It was the summer before 2nd grade. On my dad's b-day. June 11. Yep. So I was only like 7 at the time of his death. I don't really remember him much. But I still can't believe she told me she wished I never moved in and that she was happier before we moved in with her! I'll never forget her saying that... but I did forget why she said it to me. What did I do?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    snowangel3181988 said:
    About my grandfather... let's just say my mom (his daughter) said he was put out of his misory. Yeah... so I guess he swore a lot too. I don't really remember. Like I said... I was in 2nd grade... no! It was the summer before 2nd grade. On my dad's b-day. June 11. Yep. So I was only like 7 at the time of his death. I don't really remember him much. But I still can't believe she told me she wished I never moved in and that she was happier before we moved in with her! I'll never forget her saying that... but I did forget why she said it to me. What did I do?

Hmm, run away? Cry in front of her face? Say sorry to her for nothing?
    Ignore the third one. :P
    Did you know what influenced them to or anything?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • My whole family curses like sailors except for me...I never curse because I find it to be pointless and self-degrading, but my family doesn't see it that way, and it really gets on my nerves constantly that they won't shut up with their language...I have to hear enough of it at school, so why should I have to hear it at home? It's especially bad when relatives visit...I just end up going to my room because my aunts and uncles don't give me a minute of peace -.-

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    My whole family curses like sailors except for me...I never curse because I find it to be pointless and self-degrading, but my family doesn't see it that way, and it really gets on my nerves constantly that they won't shut up with their language...I have to hear enough of it at school, so why should I have to hear it at home? It's especially bad when relatives visit...I just end up going to my room because my aunts and uncles don't give me a minute of peace -.-
    I know what you mean. No one in my family curses, and that's just fine because I get enough of that trash talk at school. I hate it! Everyone seems to curse, and people are always dumbstricken when they hear that I don't. Not to mention the fact that a lot of their conversations seem so vulgar........

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • 100marios said:
    I know what you mean. No one in my family curses, and that's just fine because I get enough of that trash talk at school. I hate it! Everyone seems to curse, and people are always dumbstricken when they hear that I don't. Not to mention the fact that a lot of their conversations seem so vulgar........
    My family... other than my grandmother or course... doesn't really curse. I don't like listening to disgusting and inappropriate conversations either. Unfortuantely I have to hear it everyday at work! I don't participate though. People don't really expect me to swear... since I don't talk a whole lot. So I don't really... unless by accident or if I'm in a bad mood like today!

100marios

Years
  • snowangel3181988 said:
    My family... other than my grandmother or course... doesn't really curse. I don't like listening to disgusting and inappropriate conversations either. Unfortuantely I have to hear it everyday at work! I don't participate though. People don't really expect me to swear... since I don't talk a whole lot. So I don't really... unless by accident or if I'm in a bad mood like today!
    I'm the same way. I do everything I possibly can to stay out of those conversations. None of it appeals to me at all. And when all that is mixed together with cursing to top off, ohh.....
    There's not much I hate more. So much for no cursing in school!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • 100marios said:
    I'm the same way. I do everything I possibly can to stay out of those conversations. None of it appeals to me at all. And when all that is mixed together with cursing to top off, ohh.....
    There's not much I hate more. So much for no cursing in school!
    Exactly! I hate those... but at work it's pretty much all that their conversations are about. Even the burping game... ya know where you say a color and the person who repeats or comes in last has to... yeah. I get exempt from that cuz I really don't want to play. I'm not like that. Cursing in school is everywhere. Teachers can't really stop it either, there's so much. And it keeps starting at a younger and younger age... my sister has even started a little...

100marios

Years
  • snowangel3181988 said:
    Exactly! I hate those... but at work it's pretty much all that their conversations are about. Even the burping game... ya know where you say a color and the person who repeats or comes in last has to... yeah. I get exempt from that cuz I really don't want to play. I'm not like that. Cursing in school is everywhere. Teachers can't really stop it either, there's so much. And it keeps starting at a younger and younger age... my sister has even started a little...
    Ugh....that sounds terrible. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. It's never any fun at all.....
    Even some of the teachers curse too! You would think they could have a little decentsy and and set a good example for the students!
    I'm never going to let my sister say them. It stuns me when I hear little 5 year old kids speaking like sailors. It's actually pretty scary....

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • 100marios said:
    Ugh....that sounds terrible. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. It's never any fun at all.....
    Even some of the teachers curse too! You would think they could have a little decentsy and and set a good example for the students!
    I'm never going to let my sister say them. It stuns me when I hear little 5 year old kids speaking like sailors. It's actually pretty scary....
    Don't feel sorry for me. I'm used to it. As long as they respect the fact that I don't want to participate then it's fine. And they do realize I don't want to participate... they even asked me if it bothered me. But I said that I don't care really... I don't mind as long as I don't get dragged in.

Yeah, some teacher's swear. I can't think of any at the moment who do. But I know there are some! Well, my English teacher... when there's a swear in the book though. Not on his own.

My sister has started... sadly it's my own fault. It sorta slips when I play video games and screw up or lose. I don't purposely do it though. But she picked a little up from me... and now she'll do it! I really want her to stop though. It'll just get her into trouble later. My friend has a brother in 2nd grade and he started swearing a few years ago. But then again it's from her older brother who graduated last year. He wasn't the best role model... lets just say that! He also got it from my friend's sister... she's two years younger than me. But it's not her fault cuz she has a learning diability and I guess she gets picked on a lot. So you can't really blame her. But it seems like everyone swears these days...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    snowangel3181988 said:
    Don't feel sorry for me. I'm used to it. As long as they respect the fact that I don't want to participate then it's fine. And they do realize I don't want to participate... they even asked me if it bothered me. But I said that I don't care really... I don't mind as long as I don't get dragged in.
    Yeah, some teacher's swear. I can't think of any at the moment who do. But I know there are some! Well, my English teacher... when there's a swear in the book though. Not on his own.

I'm used to hearing swears also.
    Even my friends swear more than me but
    they don't as much as other people.
    My math teacher swears when he's extremely mad.
    He calls people umm. the same word as a donkey.
    I was surprised when that word was in the Scholastic Children's Dictionary. :P
    Pffftt, who knew dictionaries would be such a bad influence on kids. XD

Back