• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Profanity! Wash You Mouth With Soap!

Do you swear

• A Lot!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Only When I'm Angry!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Never!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I Swear Like a Giant Radioactive Monkey!

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Miyu-Chan said:
I agree, even though I've never seen that movie. o_o" Some people are just like "****! what the ****? Close the ****-ing door" Please. English is a wonderful language. =.=

OMG, that is so true. Cursing gets old fashioned after used sooo many times. X.x; It gets so annoying..

100Marios said:
I know what you mean. No one in my family curses, and that's just fine because I get enough of that trash talk at school. I hate it! Everyone seems to curse, and people are always dumbstricken when they hear that I don't. Not to mention the fact that a lot of their conversations seem so vulgar........

So true. Actually, has anyone noticed that people today curse more often than before? Especially teachers? My teacher keeps on saying the poop word over and over, and it also seems like kids these days curse at teachers. This world has really gotten out of hand X_X;;

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah...the teachers are as bad as the kids nowadays o_o My english teacher last year once told us to do our ****ing homework, and she had no qualms about saying anything like that...this year's english teacher is like that, too...and they don't do anything about the kids cursing in class anymore either since they refuse to quit...I'm getting so tired of it, but imagine what it's going to be like in college O_O *dies*

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
CaRtOON said:
OMG, that is so true. Cursing gets old fashioned after used sooo many times. X.x; It gets so annoying..

So true. Actually, has anyone noticed that people today curse more often than before? Especially teachers? My teacher keeps on saying the poop word over and over, and it also seems like kids these days curse at teachers. This world has really gotten out of hand X_X;;

*dies*

I agree, at school, in the "regular" classes all you hear is profanity. :sleeping:

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Chairman Kaga said:
Yeah...the teachers are as bad as the kids nowadays o_o My english teacher last year once told us to do our ****ing homework, and she had no qualms about saying anything like that...this year's english teacher is like that, too...and they don't do anything about the kids cursing in class anymore either since they refuse to quit...I'm getting so tired of it, but imagine what it's going to be like in college O_O *dies*
Shame on those teachers.. *shakes head* And they're suppoused to be examples, well, what I think is the problem is lack of discipline. So many parents let their kids do whatever the heck they want =P Usually colleges with high stats and stuff like that barely have kids that curse. Ordinary colleges or classes have ordinary kids. By that I mean potty mouth kids =/

*dies*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Lack of parental discipline is indeed one of the major factors in this problem...but imagine: when this generation creates the next generation, the problem's going to triple likely, and when that generation creates another generation, it triples again...nobody believes in rules anymore thanks to popular society. All things despised by the generations before us is embraced by this generation. It's disturbing how different we are from our grandparents -_- But anyway, college is going to be unpleasant as far as sound goes...if all college people are the way I think they are, at least.

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
I only swear when I'm angry, its pretty obvious everybody has to learn to swear, if you dont swear at all then you have personal instincts in your mind. Then again if you swear too much then you also have a problem, you must control the feelings inside of you. I swear a lot (NOt to people) But not for the intention of being a *CENSORED*. I swear for the sake of myself lol.
Kids learn to swear because of movies, thats where they learn, *points to bottom* You don't really see parents swear in front of their kids you have a weird neighbourhood.

Last edited:

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
Lack of parental discipline is indeed one of the major factors in this problem...but imagine: when this generation creates the next generation, the problem's going to triple likely, and when that generation creates another generation, it triples again...nobody believes in rules anymore thanks to popular society. All things despised by the generations before us is embraced by this generation. It's disturbing how different we are from our grandparents -_- But anyway, college is going to be unpleasant as far as sound goes...if all college people are the way I think they are, at least.
Yeah, most kids pick up cursing from their parents. It seems everyone curses these days though. You can't go anywhere without hearing them. I can't even begin to imagine what the next generation will be like. That's so horrible! Our generation is bad enough... not to mention the next!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
One of my favorite self-quotes:

"If children are the future, the future is bleak.

One thing that strikes me as odd is that more children aren't repulsed by this society's absolute saturation in cursing...I had a natural aversion to it, but likely 90 in 100 kids that are in my grade have an attraction to it. They still see it as a form of rebellion, which is another place where I differ from my peers. I feel very little desire to rebel from the ways of our elders (which seem infinitely wiser than the ways of my peers.) I just have a bad feeling that this generation isn't going to grow out of its bad teenage habits. There's someting different about us...something sinister, I feel.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Chairman_Kaga said:
Lack of parental discipline is indeed one of the major factors in this problem...but imagine: when this generation creates the next generation, the problem's going to triple likely, and when that generation creates another generation, it triples again...nobody believes in rules anymore thanks to popular society. All things despised by the generations before us is embraced by this generation. It's disturbing how different we are from our grandparents -_-

Very, parents these days are too busy getting drunk and doing bad stuff to even note what their kids are looking or hearing at.. Its stupid, I hope I don't live long enough to see how bad our generation's gonna become. =P

*dies*

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
My parents don't really mind what I look at or read. I read a lot of fantasy, and those books are full of swearing. They pretty much trust me, which is nice, so they borrow these huge thick 1000-page books from the library for me... they're not gonna go through them and check for swearing!

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
My mom only zwearz at "certain timez" but I won't zay what thoze timez are becauze my family already zoundz zcrewed up enough*,*
Now my ztepdad on the other hand...Phew!! Holly Zmokiez doez that guy ever zwear!!

I hardly ever zwear for zome reazon, I guezz I'm juzt zort of picky about what I zay and thoze kindz of wordz zound ztupid to me. Of courze, I really never even looze my temper zo that could be why^_^'''''
Zometimez I'll joke around and zwear in a zqueky voice with my friendz^_-

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Teara said:
My mom only zwearz at "certain timez" but I won't zay what thoze timez are becauze my family already zoundz zcrewed up enough*,*
Now my ztepdad on the other hand...Phew!! Holly Zmokiez doez that guy ever zwear!!

I hardly ever zwear for zome reazon, I guezz I'm juzt zort of picky about what I zay and thoze kindz of wordz zound ztupid to me. Of courze, I really never even looze my temper zo that could be why^_^'''''
Zometimez I'll joke around and zwear in a zqueky voice with my friendz^_-
Yeah, my Mom's the same way. She only swears if she is at her highest boiling point or if she is extremely agitated with something. My Dad? Well, he swears when he's happy, sad, or angry, lol. They never EVER swear when they're in the company of people they want to make a lasting impression on or just look nice in general. Don't get me wrong, my parents are very generous, nice, and passionate people. It's just that they both have the Italian temper and it gets the best of them in certain situations...^_^;

Anyway, on the aspect of parents not watching what their kids are doing is awful. There was even a letter sent home to every student in my school stating that parents should "scrutinize" what their children are wearing to school. Some kids walk to school in shorts and short-sleeved shirts in freezing weather. I won't even begin to complain about how cheap and skanky some girls make themselves to be. It scares me how some parents can be so irresponsible towards their own children.

Back