• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Strange, we haven't all effect moves/Abilities from Gen IV/V done already, isn't better for focus the old ones?

Thing is, this generation there are no official sprites and artists tend to be extremely sensitive about people who repost (even with credits), resize, recolour, use, position and crop them.

Not to mention the fact that not even half the VI overworlds have been done by any artist, let alone used in a game: http://chasemortier.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-and-Y-overworld-dex-437564440

I know plenty of spriters myself who would be extremely angry if they found their sprites used in a game. It might take time to edit Pokemon backsprites and shinies, but 'resizing' would not even account for half the actual amount of time taken to actually create those Pokemon backsprites and shinies from scratch. Hence the sensitivity.

I am also not sure if anyone here has requested permission to use the Smogon sprite set in Pokemon Essentials (for the pack, not for every single seperate game.)
There several artists who made free for use sprites, there's one who made all the new pokémon: http://noscium.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-sprite-tribute-Kalos-Dex-Complete-406635242

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Strange, we haven't all effect moves/Abilities from Gen IV/V done already, isn't better for focus the old ones?

Only if you have the luxury of being able to script. There's no point in attempting something you know you're not going to be able to achieve.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

I fail to see why Gen 5 would be prioritized over Gen 6 or Gen 6 over Gen 5 honestly. They all would need to be done at some point regardless, I just figured I would keep the focus on Gen 6 as that is the topic of this thread.

In all honesty, I am unsure why they were never in Essentials to begin with. I am sure there is a somewhat valid reason, but moves and abilities seem more essential than the actual Pokemon themselves in a sense simply because the move pools and abilities can really be applied to any Pokemon a developer so chooses even fakemon.

But alas, they are not and it has been one of those "If you want them..." moments, which I am fine with in all honesty.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So is there no sense of order with any list of moves and abilities that need doing or don't need doing?
Because, I don't see the point to any discussion over Gen 5 or Gen 6 if potentially, 4 people can accomplish making the same move... There was some order on the animations project... There needs to be one here... And as Destiny has stated, there are many people who can't code like they'd hope, so the coders need some direction and the guys that want to learn can learn from the moves and abilities made or are available.

A word to the person who has the whole project however, make it public so someone can make this list... If there is no list... Someone start one... I have no idea what Gen 6 moves and abilities are out there since I don't support Gen 6 in the slightest... But I'm sure someone can compile a simple list.

The word "list" is starting to get irritating lol.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
My understanding is that there is no list because one person was going to tackle all of it... and I think therein is the heart of the issue anyways.

The OP has also not been seen since Dec 18th as that is their last login date...

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Sharing some of the moves I've worked on. Not many, and fairly simple ones, but it's all I can contribute at the moment.

Noble Roar
Spoiler:

Draining Kiss
Spoiler:

Aromatic Mist
Spoiler:

Eerie Impulse
Spoiler:

Celebrate
Spoiler:

Just change the Function Code numbers to whatever you want.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
NOTE: I've made some edits to this post. Please check the bottom of this post for info regarding the most recent updates.

I have no idea what Gen 6 moves and abilities are out there since I don't support Gen 6 in the slightest... But I'm sure someone can compile a simple list.

The word "list" is starting to get irritating lol.

Here's a list of moves by gen. The first Gen 6 move is 560, Flying Press, then the rest are all after that.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves

MOVES CHECKLIST
Spoiler:

And here's a list of the abilities. They're all arranged alphabetically by default, but if you click the little arrows next to "Generation" at the top of the chart, it'll re-organize the list by gen. Once the list is properly sorted, the first Gen 6 ability is ???, Aerilate.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_abilities

ABILITIES CHECKLIST
Spoiler:

EDIT: I think I'll look back through the thread and find which abilities and moves have been posted to the thread, then make a note in each list by each move so they can function as a check-list to show what's been done. As this thread evolves and more stuff gets completed, feel free to copy and paste or quote these lists with updates.

EDIT 2: Scrolled through pages 4 and 5. I thiiiink I "checked off" all the moves that had an actual script update (these checklists are not for the .txt files - just the scripts). If I miss any, feel more than welcome to reply with the corrections. Please only "check off" moves and abilities that are already posted in the thread, not moves you plan to do. And of course, moderators are welcome to update this post as needed.

I think I might do a more robust update compilation post; we kind of need one at this point....

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Now there's a post I can enjoy reading... Excluding the adult Pokemon game lol.
Thank you PKJ... Now we can get on with things.
I think the OP needs to be changed or a new thread created and this one deleted or locked, since worldslayer608 is right... Why does an inactive get to hold on to this, we'd have to keep reverting back to post 106 to see everything without PTJ spamming with huge posts every time someone adds a move or ability.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
With xmarkxalanx's scripts added, I made this:

Code:
589,CELEBRATE,Celebrate,138,0,NORMAL,Status,100,40,0,00,0,,Cute,"The Pokémon congratulates you on your special day!"
590,AROMATICMIST,Aromatic Mist,136,0,FAIRY,Status,0,20,0,100,0,,Cute,"The user raises the Sp. Def stat of an ally Pokémon with a mysterious aroma."
591,NOBLEROAR,Noble Roar,134,0,NORMAL,Status,100,30,0,00,0,bcfk,Tough,"Letting out a noble roar, the user intimidates the target and lowers its Attack and Sp. Atk stats."

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Mega Launcher: (put it before Flash Fire, in PokeBattle_Move)
Code:
    if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:MEGALAUNCHER) #by ~JV~
          if @id == 25 or @id == 56 or @id == 93 or @id == 548 #each move ID, missing Heal Pulse
              basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
          end
       end

Gale Wings: (put it on PokeBattle_Battle, inside the def "pbPriority", right after Prankster)
Code:
pri+=1 if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:GALEWINGS) && #by ~JV~
         isConst?(move.type,PBTypes,:FLYING)

Competitive: (put it after Defiant on PokeBattle_Effects)
Code:
if !selfreduce && isConst?(self.ability, PBAbilities, :COMPETITIVE) #JV
               pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPATK,2,false)
               @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Competitive sharply raised {1}'s Special Attack!", pbThis))
         end

I still have some more and I'll post them when I have time and I am also working on some of the more complicated ones like sticky web, protean and the "terrain" moves.

EDIT: Also, you could highlight the moves that already have implemented effects, like the ones that have no effect at all, are just regular multi-hit etc...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I think I might do a more robust update compilation post; we kind of need one at this point....
Since you went to all the trouble of making a compilation post, I went ahead and merged (a copy of) it into the first post, as well as made it yours. It'd definitely be better for you to edit the first post with updates in future, rather than arbitrary post 106 on page 5.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Mega Launcher: (put it before Flash Fire, in PokeBattle_Move)
Code:
    if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:MEGALAUNCHER) #by ~JV~
          if @id == 25 or @id == 56 or @id == 93 or @id == 548 #each move ID, missing Heal Pulse
              basedmg=(basedmg*1.5).floor
          end
       end

Gale Wings: (put it on PokeBattle_Battle, inside the def "pbPriority", right after Prankster)
Code:
pri+=1 if isConst?(@battlers[i].ability,PBAbilities,:GALEWINGS) && #by ~JV~
         isConst?(move.type,PBTypes,:FLYING)

Competitive: (put it after Defiant on PokeBattle_Effects)
Code:
if !selfreduce && isConst?(self.ability, PBAbilities, :COMPETITIVE) #JV
               pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::SPATK,2,false)
               @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Competitive sharply raised {1}'s Special Attack!", pbThis))
         end

I still have some more and I'll post them when I have time and I am also working on some of the more complicated ones like sticky web, protean and the "terrain" moves.

EDIT: Also, you could highlight the moves that already have implemented effects, like the ones that have no effect at all, are just regular multi-hit etc...

After searching with Ctrl+Shift+F, there is no "Defiant" section. The other two work, though.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
After searching with Ctrl+Shift+F, there is no "Defiant" section. The other two work, though.

Sorry, forgot I added Defiant myself some time ago, just throw it inside "if pbCanReduceStatStage?(stat,showMessages,selfreduce)" on the def "pbReduceStat" before the "return true" line.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Ok, it worked. I edited this based on your code and put it under Competitive:

Code:
      if !selfreduce && isConst?(self.ability, PBAbilities, :DEFIANT) #JV and Joeyhugg
               pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATK,2,false)
               @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("Defiant sharply raised {1}'s Attack!", pbThis))
         end

Edit: I also added Land's Wrath, Oblivion Wing, and Hold Back. Oblivion Wing requires you install xmarkxalanx's Draining Kiss add-on.
Code:
592,HOLDBACK,Hold Back,0E9,40,NORMAL,Physical,100,40,0,00,0,abef,Cute,"The user holds back when it attacks and the target is left with at least 1 HP."
593,LANDSWRATH,Land's Wrath,000,90,GROUND,Physical,100,10,0,04,0,bf,Tough,"The user gathers the energy of the land and focuses that power on opposing Pokémon to damage them."
594,OBLIVIONWING,Oblivion Wing,135,80,FLYING,Special,100,10,0,00,0,bf,Tough,"The user absorbs its target's HP. The user's HP is restored by over half of the damage taken by the target."

Edit 2: I added Nuzzle, Boomburst. and Water Shuriken. For Nuzzle, add the code in the spoiler to the end of PokeBattle_MoveEffects.

Code:
595,NUZZLE,Nuzzle,139,20,ELECTRIC,Physical,100,20,0,00,0,abef,Cool,"The user attacks by nuzzling its electrified cheeks against the target. This also leaves the target with paralysis."
596,WATERSHURIKEN,Water Shuriken,0C0,15,WATER,Physical,100,20,0,00,1,bf,Tough,"The user hits the target with throwing stars two to five times in a row. This move always goes first."
597,BOOMBURST,Boomburst,075,140,NORMAL,Special,100,10,0,08,0,befk,Smart,"The user attacks everything around it with the destructive power of a terrible, explosive sound."

Spoiler:

Last edited:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
@joeyhugg: You can just use the 007 function code for Nuzzle. All you'd have to do is change part 10 (Additional Effect Chance) to 100, and it will always paralyze the foe.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
@joeyhugg: You can just use the 007 function code for Nuzzle. All you'd have to do is change part 10 (Additional Effect Chance) to 100, and it will always paralyze the foe.

Oh, thanks. That works. In other news, I tried adding Magician. Can someone test this for me? Place this under the Pickpocket section in PokeBattle_Battle.

Code:
################################################################################
#                         Magician, made by Joeyhugg 
################################################################################
      if isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:MAGICIAN) && target.hp>0
        if target.item(true)>0 && user.item(true)==0 &&
           target.effects[PBEffects::Substitute]==0 &&
           user.effects[PBEffects::Substitute]==0 &&
           !isConst?(target.ability,PBAbilities,:STICKYHOLD) &&
           !pbIsUnlosableItem(user,user.item(true)) &&
           !pbIsUnlosableItem(target,user.item(true)) &&
           (@battle.opponent || [email protected]?(target.index))
          user.item=item.item(true)
          target.item=0
          if [email protected] &&   # In a wild battle
            user.pokemon.itemInitial==0 &&
            target.pokemon.itemInitial==user.item(true)
            user.pokemon.itemInitial=user.item(true)
            target.pokemon.itemInitial=0
          end
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} stole {2}'s {3} with Magician!",target.pbThis,
             user.pbThis(true),PBItems.getName(user.item(true))))
        end
      end

Edit: Is there a coding tutorial for Essentials somewhere? Like, a list of methods, data types, basic tutorials, etc? That would be helpful, especially when we need a lot of new code for all this stuff.

Edit 2: I managed to make it so Effect Spore does not affect Grass Types. Replace the Effect Spore method in PokeBattle_Battle with this.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Dark Aura and Fairy Aura (from Bulbapedia) seem to be roughly the same as Pixelate but we're not changing the type. So I think it's something like:

Code:
    if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:DARK) && isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:DARKAURA)
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.333).floor
    end

Code:
    if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FAIRY) && isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:FAIRYAURA)
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.333).floor
    end

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
If you guys need some Fairy moves, I've got a few of the easy ones that I implemented in the game I'm working on without scripting, since I noticed most of these moves aren't on the checklist:

Code:
XXX,BABYDOLLEYES,Baby-Doll Eyes,042,0,FAIRY,Status,100,30,0,00,1,bcde,Cute,"The user stares at the target with its baby-doll eyes, which lowers its Attack stat. This move always goes first."
XXX,DAZZLINGGLEAM,Dazzling Gleam,000,80,FAIRY,Special,100,10,0,00,0,bef,Cute,"The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash."
XXX,DISARMINGVOICE,Disarming Voice,0A5,40,FAIRY,Special,0,15,0,04,0,befk,Cute,"Letting out a charming cry, the user does emotional damage to opposing Pokémon. This attack never misses."
XXX,FAIRYWIND,Fairy Wind,00,40,FAIRY,Special,100,30,0,00,0,bef,Cute,"The user stirs up a fairy wind and strikes the target with it."
XXX,MOONBLAST,Moonblast,045,95,FAIRY,Special,100,15,10,00,0,bef,Cute,"Borrowing the power of the moon, the user attacks the target. This may also lower the target's Sp. Atk stat."
XXX,PLAYROUGH,Play Rough,042,90,FAIRY,Physical,90,10,10,00,0,abef,Tough,"The user plays rough with the target and attacks it. This may also lower the target's Attack stat."

Obviously replace "XXX" with the ID of the move in the PBS, and make sure you have the Fairy type defined and all. The contest types are also BS'd, so you can change them to whatever. Let me know if any corrections need to be made because I added these when Bulbapedia didn't have a lot of up to date information on them.

By the way, all of you guys are awesome for doing this. Just remember that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
sooooo were are we at:s reading through all this has slightly confused whats been done and what still needs to be done

EDIT

oh incase they are still needed here are the evo methods ive done:
Code:
    when 26 # happinessMoveType 
      for i in 0...4
         return poke if pokemon.happiness>=220 && pokemon.moves[i].type==level
       end
    when 27 # typeDark
      for i in $Trainer.party
        return poke if !i.egg? && (i.type1==17 || i.type2==17) && pokemon.level>=level
      end 
    when 28 # LevelRain
     return poke if $game_screen && ($game_screen.weather==1 || $game_screen.weather==2) && pokemon.level>=level
    when 29 # LevelDay
      return poke if PBDayNight.isDay?(pbGetTimeNow) && pokemon.level>=level
    when 30 # LevelNight
      return poke if PBDayNight.isNight?(pbGetTimeNow) && pokemon.level>=level
ok i had help with the 1st 2 methods but i can not find the thread so sorry cant remember who helped will update when i find out

Last edited:
Back