• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Dark Aura and Fairy Aura (from Bulbapedia) seem to be roughly the same as Pixelate but we're not changing the type. So I think it's something like:

Code:
    if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:DARK) && isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:DARKAURA)
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.333).floor
    end

Code:
    if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FAIRY) && isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:FAIRYAURA)
      basedmg=(basedmg*1.333).floor
    end

This would work great for the Pokémon that has the Ability, but it should also affect every other Pokémon in battle, including the opponent.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
It's one of the few times that I see the Essentials been made without the help of Poccil/Maruno. Good job everyone!

I fail to see why Gen 5 would be prioritized over Gen 6 or Gen 6 over Gen 5 honestly. They all would need to be done at some point regardless, I just figured I would keep the focus on Gen 6 as that is the topic of this thread.
Good point, but I guess that Zoroark isn't the same without Illusion.

In all honesty, I am unsure why they were never in Essentials to begin with.
Simple: No one make it until now, Poccil/Flameguru/Maruno that done (almost) everything.

I am sure there is a somewhat valid reason, but moves and abilities seem more essential than the actual Pokemon themselves in a sense simply because the move pools and abilities can really be applied to any Pokemon a developer so chooses even fakemon.
This is relative and this is a developer point of view. If you picks the average player, I guess than more than 90% will prefer new pokémon rather than abilities/move effects;

A word to the person who has the whole project however, make it public so someone can make this list... If there is no list... Someone start one... I have no idea what Gen 6 moves and abilities are out there since I don't support Gen 6 in the slightest... But I'm sure someone can compile a simple list.
I sent a PM to him. Some users receive e-mails when receive PMs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
sooooo were are we at:s reading through all this has slightly confused whats been done and what still needs to be done

EDIT

oh incase they are still needed here are the evo methods ive done:
Code:
    when 26 # happinessMoveType 
      for i in 0...4
         return poke if pokemon.happiness>=220 && pokemon.moves[i].type==level
       end
    when 27 # typeDark
      for i in $Trainer.party
        return poke if !i.egg? && (i.type1==17 || i.type2==17) && pokemon.level>=level
      end 
    when 28 # LevelRain
     return poke if $game_screen && ($game_screen.weather==1 || $game_screen.weather==2) && pokemon.level>=level
    when 29 # LevelDay
      return poke if PBDayNight.isDay?(pbGetTimeNow) && pokemon.level>=level
    when 30 # LevelNight
      return poke if PBDayNight.isNight?(pbGetTimeNow) && pokemon.level>=level
ok i had help with the 1st 2 methods but i can not find the thread so sorry cant remember who helped will update when i find out

How do you use "happinessMoveType" in the PBS files? Like, for instance, other Pokemon use "PIKACHU,Happiness,255" or whatever it is. How do we use that one in the PBS files?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. This will come in handy, thanks! I'm assuming LevelDay and LevelNight make it so if you reach that level at a certain time of day, you evolve, right?

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
How do you use "happinessMoveType" in the PBS files? Like, for instance, other Pokemon use "PIKACHU,Happiness,255" or whatever it is. How do we use that one in the PBS files?

The variable is the pokémon type, it already assumes that the pokémon needs to have 220 happiness. So it should be "PIKACHU,happinessMoveType,ELECTRIC(or any other type)"

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh depends how you set everything else up depends if the type is the internal name or id but its basically sylveons evo method and the day, night one is the fossil pokemon evo methods

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Fell Stinger:
PBS moves.txt... Even if you already have this in your moves.txt, overwrite it or it may cause unexpected errors/bugs.
Code:
565,FELLSTINGER,Fell Stinger,[COLOR=Magenta]133[/COLOR],35,BUG,Physical,100,25,100,00,0,abef,Smart,"When the user knocks out a target with this move, the user's Attack stat rises sharply."
Remember, xxx, needs to be the move's ID number.
PokeBattle_MoveEffects, scroll right to the bottom, line 7228... Any I create from now on will go below this one.
Code:
################################################################################
# User increases it's attack stat by 2 stages if opponent faints.
################################################################################
class PokeBattle_Move_[COLOR=Magenta]133[/COLOR] < PokeBattle_Move
  def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if @basedamage>0
    return -1 if !attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,true)
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,false)
    return ret ? 0 : -1
  end

def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
    if (attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,false) && opponent.hp<=0)
      attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,2,false)
    end
    return true
  end
end
The pink parts need to be the same number, I'm not sure what people have made so...

As I'm not fully aware of any moves that are similar to GenVI, in any Gen, I'll probably make new effects for any I make and to add, I'm going to go down the list in the order it is on Bulbapedia, so if anyone is doing a move that is next or close to next, in ascending order, let me know so I don't do that one... I see many people doing abilities, so I'll stick to the moves... On a quick note, some moves need another move to work, so I'll miss these ones and come back to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Hey XmarkXalanX,

I did a test with your new function code for Draining Kiss in my game. For some reason, the attacker will ONLY recover 1 HP from the attack, no matter how much damage is dealt. Since your formula doesn't seem to be off in my eyes, I'm wondering what the problem is.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Hey XmarkXalanX,

I did a test with your new function code for Draining Kiss in my game. For some reason, the attacker will ONLY recover 1 HP from the attack, no matter how much damage is dealt. Since your formula doesn't seem to be off in my eyes, I'm wondering what the problem is.

Not a clue. I tried testing it myself, but at the moment, my Essentials is just returning to the Fight/PKMN/Bag/Run screen whenever I select a move.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Since you went to all the trouble of making a compilation post, I went ahead and merged (a copy of) it into the first post, as well as made it yours. It'd definitely be better for you to edit the first post with updates in future, rather than arbitrary post 106 on page 5.
Okay, that makes sense. This weekend I'll comb through the thread and do a massive re-organization of the first post to reflect what's been done so far.

What was the name of the guy who originally started this project, again? Even though he went *poof,* we should still give him a nod in the original post for getting the project started.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Fell Stinger:
PBS moves.txt... Even if you already have this in your moves.txt, overwrite it or it may cause unexpected errors/bugs.
Code:
565,FELLSTINGER,Fell Stinger,[COLOR=Magenta]133[/COLOR],35,BUG,Physical,100,25,100,00,0,abef,Smart,"When the user knocks out a target with this move, the user's Attack stat rises sharply."
Remember, xxx, needs to be the move's ID number.
PokeBattle_MoveEffects, scroll right to the bottom, line 7228... Any I create from now on will go below this one.
Code:
# User increases it's attack stat by 2 stages if opponent faints.
class PokeBattle_Move_[COLOR=Magenta]133[/COLOR] < PokeBattle_Move
  def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
    return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation) if @basedamage>0
    return -1 if !attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,true)
    pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,nil,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
    ret=attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,false)
    return ret ? 0 : -1
  end

def pbAdditionalEffect(attacker,opponent)
    if (attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(PBStats::ATTACK,false) && opponent.hp<=0)
      attacker.pbIncreaseStat(PBStats::ATTACK,2,false)
    end
    return true
  end
end
The pink parts need to be the same number, I'm not sure what people have made so...

As I'm not fully aware of any moves that are similar to GenVI, in any Gen, I'll probably make new effects for any I make and to add, I'm going to go down the list in the order it is on Bulbapedia, so if anyone is doing a move that is next or close to next, in ascending order, let me know so I don't do that one... I see many people doing abilities, so I'll stick to the moves... On a quick note, some moves need another move to work, so I'll miss these ones and come back to them.

Could this code be edited to make Moxie work?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Potentially yes... It would need modifications to support other abilities, items and moves, but of course it can... I won't work on that since I opted to do moves only, but I urge anyone to go ahead and use my code to try Moxie.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Hey XmarkXalanX,

I just got to test it myself, finally, and it did only heal the user by 1 HP. I went in and changed the *(3/4) to a * 0.75, and it seemed to work perfectly that time. I guess Essentials just doesn't like fractions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Okay, I think made a somewhat pretty-ish list that compiles just about all of the work posted to this thread so far. It's in the first post of this thread. It's still a somewhat rough post, but I'll smooth it out over the next day or so. (Right now, I want to go for a walk and enjoy the sunshine for a bit, then I've got something else I need to do). If there's anything I can do to improve the organization, feel free to make suggestions.

I or someone could still stand to go through the PBS files contributed to this thread and see what actually still needs to be done for those, and compile finalized versions of those if all the stuff is there for them.

A question - do all moves need to have an entry in the Scripts, or do some moves only need to be in the PBS files if all they do is damage and don't need to be in the Scripts unless they do something special? I'm slightly fuzzy on that.

I think there were a couple things that I was fuzzy on how to add to the compilation list, but after looking at code for so long, I don't remember what they were at the moment. As such, it'd be awesome if someone double-checked my work, and the scripts themselves.

We've got at least a couple things that have been done more than once (such as code for Pixilate); how do we want to handle that?

Is there anyone who is gathering all of the updates into a clean copy of Essentials or anything like that? Is that something we wanna do?

I fail to see why Gen 5 would be prioritized over Gen 6 or Gen 6 over Gen 5 honestly. They all would need to be done at some point regardless, I just figured I would keep the focus on Gen 6 as that is the topic of this thread.
Good point, but I guess that Zoroark isn't the same without Illusion.
Perhaps a Gens 1-5 Missing Features Add-ons thread should be created? Though I recommend starting that one off with a more organized protocol; organizing after the fact is time consuming! XD

ActionReplayer was the guy who made this thread.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Hey guys, a few things:

- There's a typo in the Pixilate script (it just says 'ixilate'), nothing major just needs to be edited upon pasting.

- Pixilate, Aerilate and Refrigerate weren't working for me when I had them under normalize in the pokebattle_moves section. Moving them down under iron fist made them work though. That's also where I'm keeping Dark Aura, Fairy Aura and Mega Launcher for now but I haven't tested those yet.

- Gale wings still isn't working for me though. If a pokemon with Gale Wings selects any move it battle it just cancels back to the fight/bag/poke/run screen. Anyone know what's happening here? Here's my script:

Spoiler:

Years
Idk if anyone reported this before but either you missed to add the move Feint attack or you just added the word attack by accident. Essentials doesn't recognize FEINTATTACK as a valid move so I just changed it to FEINT for now. Here is what I'm talking about:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Idk if anyone reported this before but either you missed to add the move Feint attack or you just added the word attack by accident. Essentials doesn't recognize FEINTATTACK as a valid move so I just changed it to FEINT for now. Here is what I'm talking about:

Feint Attack is in Essentials as Faint Attack, because until Gen 6, that's how it was spelled.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
is this pack just to add gen 6 stuff or is it to add upto and including gen 6 stuff?

Years
If you want, I have a move.txt with the name changes, as well as Base Power changes to moves that were changed in Gen VI if you want it. You would need to make sure that Trainers that have Pokemon with these renamed moves like Feint Attack, is changed so it doesn't crash on startup.

Just put in your PBS folder. But backup you existing file you need too.

Back