• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PS3 Talk and Random Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    Ok well I'll start by Introducing myself, I'm Pounder_Zeikku but you can call me Jake, I'm more popular in the ROM Hacking section but I thought I'd drop in and talk about The PS3 and games mainly for it.

When the Sony PS3 was released, there were 2 packages, the 60GB Console and the 80GB Console. Both were slightly different they both had 4 USB ports rather than the standard two we have nowadays. They were given a chrome finish the the "PlayStation 3" text and Disk slot, They also had the ability to play PS1 and PS2 games (using partial hardware).

So why would Sony take out things and "punish" us for getting a PS3 later?
    Well for every ps3 sold which was a 60/ 80GB, Sony would lose £500/ $1,100 doesn't seem like a lot right, but times that my the amount of those ps3s sold..and it's millions..Sony lost millions during the launch, They were already in loss due to a downfall in PSP sales (due to custom firmware/ modding and Piracy). So they released the "New" Models, These models we see now, have 2 USB ports, have a matte chrome finish for the "Playstation 3" text/ disk tray, and DO NOT play PS2 games, it can play ps1 games though, rumors have it when PS2s reach the EOL (end of life), where games will stop being released for it, Sony will enable PS2 backwards compatibility support via software and firmware only.

The Sony PS3 is undoubtedly the most stable Next gen console released, It's processors are support Open GL, which means running Yellowdog Linux (Linux for ps3) will be fine. So on top of a gaming console you can have an operating system! Hard-drive efficiency and prices for one are great too, 60GB for £25/ $55, not so bad compared to a 360 HDD. Viewing photo's playing music, storing games and video's, which makes the PS3 the Ultimate media based console.

Sony made a statement a while back saying "The PS3 console is more for casual gamers".
    I have to agree and disagree, For one 75% of titles which are released are released on multi-platform, I wouldn't call the frequency of these games being released suitable for "casual gamers". I guess PS3's could be considered as casual because they're not all about gaming.​

Now enough of the Console talk, let's talk about games and exclusives, We have:-
    -Afrika
    -Angel Rings
    -Eight days
    -EyeDentify
    -Fifth Phantom Saga
    -Final Fantasy XIII
    -Final Fantasy Versus XIII
    -Folks Soul
    -Formula One
    -Full Auto 2: Battlelines
    -Genji: Days of the Blade
    -God of War 3
    -Gradius
    -Grand Turismo 5
    -Grand Turismo HD
    -Gretzky NHL
    -Heavenly Sword
    -Hot Shots Golf 5
    -Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
    -Killzone 2
    -Lair
    -Little Big Planet
    -Metal Gear Solid 4
    -Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World
    -Monster Hunter 3
    -Motor Storm
    -My Singstar
    -Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    -Ni-Oh
    -Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    -Ratchet & Clank : Quest For Booty
    -Redwood Falls
    -Resistance: Fall of Man
    -Resistance 2
    -Ridge Racer 7
    -Shin Megami Tensei
    -Tekken 6
    -The Eye of Judgment
    -The Getaway
    -Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    -Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    -Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
    -WarDevil Enigma
    -Warhawk
    -White Knight Story
    -Wipeout

Well talk about what you like here, I wanted to make This post lengthy and worth reading :)
    Uncharted is a Pretty good game though, I recommend that to people
    Ratchet and clank Future is pretty good, I also recommend that
    Little BIG Planet is pretty fun to play
    Resistance 2 is just perfect I think.
    The games I'm looking most forward too..Probably Jak 4, Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, Gran Turismo 5
    Well what are yours?
    PS3 Talk and Random Games

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Hate to break it to you (as it pains me to say it) but we lost Monster Hunter 3 to the Wii.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the definitive PS3 game. Easily, however I feel Uncharted is probably the best game visually. In general.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    -Final Fantasy XIII

thats the main reason i'd get a ps3 ;)

theres rumours going round that FF XIII might be out on xbox too..

Moth0998_au

It's Me :o
    Years
    -Final Fantasy XIII

thats the main reason i'd get a ps3 ;)

theres rumours going round that FF XIII might be out on xbox too..

Yes, Final Fantasy XIII is going onto the Xbox, but Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still only for PS3, The main reason I bothered to buy a PS3 was because of those 2 games.

I'm also looking forward to when they release Gran Turismo 5, I have yet to buy a racing game for PS3.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns Of The Patriots is alright if you like to play an interactive movie.

I still have yet to play Uncharted - Drake's Fortune, but I will definately get within the week. :D

As for games that I do play, I don't play too many just 2.
    They are
    - Call Of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
    - Call Of Duty - World At War

I have a 80gb console with 4 games, games include the 2 above, LittleBigPlanet, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Lost (not mine). Add me If you want, my PSN is AnimasEnigma.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I mainly Play Call of Duty: World at War on my PS3. I got Street fighter 4 today and I think it is one of best games i have played in a long while.

I bought my PS3 just for the Final Fantasy games, was disappointed to see the FFXIII is going to be on Xbox as well, but I am happy we are still going to get 1 exclusive.

If anyone wants a game of Call of Duty, Resistance or Street Fighter add me.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I bought my PS3 just for the Final Fantasy games, was disappointed to see the FFXIII is going to be on Xbox as well, but I am happy we are still going to get 1 exclusive.
    Let me get this straight: You think it's a bad thing that Square Enix is going to gain a larger profit off of FFXIII by porting it to the 360. I think that Square made an excellent decision in going for multiple consoles. Let's face it, the PS3 is an economic deathtrap for developers, Sony, and gamers alike. It's just not doing well enough for Square to risk devoting its flagship series to.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    I agree, But still sucks losing a series which has been with us since ps1 days :P
    I have to say i'm looking forward to uncharted 2, I need to buy the first one :P
    I borrowed it and completed it off a friend. Still wondering if Jak 4 will get to us...I'm having doubts now
    I think Ratchet and Clank: Quest for booty is pretty good for it's price if you want an action/adventure/ platformer off PSN.
    I have some downloads to share too if people would like. (If you have downloads I wouldn't mind trading some :P)
    I played through prince of persia in about 10 hours, thought that was awesome too.

My PSN names Synyster_Zeikku
    I have little BIG planet, Gran turismo 5 prologue (PSN), Prince of persia, ratchet and clank quest for booty (PSN), Ratchet and clank: Future tools of destruction, Stardust HD, The last guy, Assasins creed and Smackdown Vs Raw 08.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Let me get this straight: You think it's a bad thing that Square Enix is going to gain a larger profit off of FFXIII by porting it to the 360. I think that Square made an excellent decision in going for multiple consoles. Let's face it, the PS3 is an economic deathtrap for developers, Sony, and gamers alike. It's just not doing well enough for Square to risk devoting its flagship series to.

With it being always being exclusive to Playstation since they came out having it ported just doesn't feel right, to me anyway. I think it could have gotten the PS3 some more sales if it had of been an exclusive.

Can't wait for Killzone 2 to come out and Modern Warfare 2 this summer. They are the two games I am looking forward to the most.

PSN: Razer302

Games: Street Fighter 4, both Call Of Duties, both Resistance, Devil May Cry, Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and a few others.

Years
    Well, I don't own a PS3, but I would really like to play White Knight Chronicles. I'm just a sucker for J-RPGs. Has anyone here played it?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    Well, I don't own a PS3, but I would really like to play White Knight Chronicles. I'm just a sucker for J-RPGs. Has anyone here played it?

I played the japanese demo off PSN of White Knight Chronicles, over at my cousins on holiday :) it was quite entertaining :P RPGS at Hi Def just amuse me :)

Moth0998_au

Years

Yeah it is a good investment, as people have stated before me it's been with the playstation for awhile, what I was wondering is why didn't they port it to the Wii, as the original games were on the NES. And a lot of people own more Wii's than PS3's. But I suppose that the Wii Nintendo hasn't been a big contender lately, with all the Xbox360 vs PS3 crap.

Can't wait for Killzone 2 to come out and Modern Warfare 2 this summer. They are the two games I am looking forward to the most.

I reckon Modern Warfare 2 is going to be wicked, difinetly one of the games I am going to buy. :rambo:

Oh, I forgot in my other post. I have 2 PSN's AnimasEnigma is my startover 1 for CoD4 and My proper 1 is ratchet0998.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Pounder_Zeikku said:
    I agree, But still sucks losing a series which has been with us since ps1 days :P
    Unless you're talking about this petty war that the Sony-fanboys are having with the Microsoft-fanboys, you haven't lost anything. FFXIII is still coming to the PS3. In fact, the PS3 version will undoubtedly be better visually, and you won't have to worry about swapping discs. So, don't worry, you'll still be getting the PlayStation-FF experience that you're used to. I'm very optimistic about how this new one will turn out, especially since the main character is going to be essentially a female version of Cloud.

With it being always being exclusive to Playstation since they came out having it ported just doesn't feel right, to me anyway. I think it could have gotten the PS3 some more sales if it had of been an exclusive.
    In case you didn't know, Final Fantasy has not always been a PS exclusive. In fact, up until VII they were all on the NES/SNES. Besides, almost nothing can really help the PS3 now. I think we may have reached the point technologically where are consoles are too sophisticated to be practical for most developers, and that's why the PS3 is tanking.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

Actually PS3 has outsold and is still outselling the 360 in Europe and UK, and last I knew it was outselling it in Japan as well. Calling it an economic deathtrap is hardly fair, considering its sales per month are greater each time.

There's also the fact that PS3 is an investment worth making, it's failure rate is under 1%, compared the the 360's colossal 33% fail rate. That can't be economically great tbh. PS3 also has built in wifi, built in battery pack in the controllers, built in Blu Ray and DVD player, easily upgradable HDD and free online among other things. So whilst the PS3 may seem to cost more at first, it really doesn't in the long run.

PS3 80GB = £299.
    360 elite + WiFi adapter + charge packs = HD-DVD player = 2 years Live! = around £465.

Normal 60GB 360 with all the above still comes to over £400.

So really, in the long run, PS3 is the cheaper, more reliable and sturdier system.

mega-dark

In a alternate universe
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Huh?
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Valkirya Chrocles and Disgaea 3. Well Disagaea is Disgaea who doesn't like leveling up to level 9999 over 100 times over. And Valkirya Chroncles, RPG shooter, best idea ever. By the way, why limit yourself to 40, 60, 80, or 160 hardrive. It is legal to upgrade your PS3 hardrive with a bigger one.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Resistance 2 is beast.

I try and play it every night until about eight or nine. Doesn't seem to work all the time.

I've also been waiting for Skate 2 to come out. It finally came out three weeks ago.. I still don't have enough damn money to buy it. It is so annoying...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Unless you're talking about this petty war that the Sony-fanboys are having with the Microsoft-fanboys, you haven't lost anything. FFXIII is still coming to the PS3. In fact, the PS3 version will undoubtedly be better visually, and you won't have to worry about swapping discs. So, don't worry, you'll still be getting the PlayStation-FF experience that you're used to. I'm very optimistic about how this new one will turn out, especially since the main character is going to be essentially a female version of Cloud.

I couldn't care less that ff13 isn't exclusive tbh. And i don't see why people are surprised its multi platform. It's not like Square are a 2nd party of Sony.

Moth0998_au

Years
    I totally forgot about skate 2...

Is The Last Remnant coming to PS3 or is that only 360?
    becuase that looks really interesting... might check out the official page and return and comment on it.

Edit: Yay it is TBA on PS3... wik! SO at least it is coming... prolly in 2010 though....

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I really want to play Killzone 2... I enjoyed the first one (glitches and highly sensitive control scheme set aside). From what the reviews look like they've fixed most every issue that the original had.

And FFXIII being multiplatform did surprise me a little, but Square knows what they're doing. 360 sales in Japan have generally been crap, so it will be going PS3-exclusive in Japan while the rest of the world gets both versions.

I was definitely surprised that the newest Star Ocean went 360-exclusive, though. I'm pretty sure it would have done just fine on the PS3 as well, but Square obviously thought otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back