• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSP or DS

PSP or DS

• PSP

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • DS

Votes: 86 84.3%

• Total voters

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
  • I have both the PSP and DS. I have had my PSP a year longer but I have played my DS much more. I think the DS has much better games, Chrono Trigger, Phoenix Wright, Advance wars and Pokemon being only a few that I love. Whereas I think the PSP only has a few decent games., even with the extras of the music, video and a web browser I think the DS is better for console and the PSP is better as a multimedia device.

My vote goes for DS for the sheer enjoyment of the games.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • in my overall opinion, I prefer the DS, sure it may not have awesome 3D graphics like the PSP but it's more durable since my brother's PSP slim has broke like 10 times not sure how exactly, but it's not really the point, the point is that he's thrown his DS around and it still works like it was brand new, plus I love all the nintendo games that are available for the DS

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ds, It seems a lot more like my style. Besides, though my first game system was a playstation I am now Nintendo loyal.

Years
  • I own both handheld consoles and while I like the DS due to it has better games and the touch screen, my vote goes for the PSP because I always use it for playing music and I can hook it up to my Xbox 360 with a USB cable to play my music with my 360.

Quanghuy

Loving digital art <3
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I use the PSP, mostly for its multi-functional features. I don't even know why I have an iPod anymore, haven't touched the thing in months. I have the DS too, but I only have use for it as a gaming console, I put custom firmware into just to see if I could in my spare time, but I don't use the quirks such as listening to music on your DS that comes with the CFW. I also like the PSP because I don't have to fear bending the screen too much and breaking it (I know that I woud never do that, but the though runs through my head and freaks me out XD).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • lmao I'm getting the lamest ads on this page.

I have to go with the DS. I got my PSP earlier this year but after playing through Crisis Core, Katamari, and... Daxter, which came with it, I honestly have not touched it once. :| As for my DS, I've barely put it down since I got it. (And before I got it I was constantly sharing it with my brother.)

I already own an iPod so I wouldn't use my PSP for music--it's too bulky to carry around in my pocket anyway. As for its browser... I don't normally need to use it. If I'm home at the wifi connection, my laptop is almost always on anyway and if not, it's much faster to go use one of the desktop computers. Not to mention with homebrew I can pretty much put those features on the DS if I want them.

So it comes down to games and... DS games just interest me more. I'm constantly playing my DS--I use it to wind down at night before I go to sleep and almost every night for the past... 6 months at least, I've been playing something on it, be it an actual DS game or finally playing Pokémon Emerald. XD; But as I mentioned before, I played the two games I really wanted a PSP for and haven't used it since. :/ I do plan on eventually getting more games for it but right now I'd rather spend the extra money I do have on other games. The PSP is just too lacking (to me) in the game department to even come close~

Pictochat feature.
    I agree it's pretty useless in most situations buuut... it's pretty damn fun when you're sitting in line at a convention for something and there are enough people in line with you to fill up all the Pictochat rooms. So long as you ignore the loser spouting internet memes and drawing inappropriate genitalia in the room, it's pretty fun. :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Sorry but I have to go with the Ds...I never really liked the psp much...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I own a DS lite, but I do like how the PSP's screen is immensely larger and some of the games that are on it. I had a choice of getting either one, but when with the DS because of Pokemon at the time.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • DS mainly , I have a psp there are a few good games for it but mainly I think it was a waste sometimes, I love the 5 games for it, and I've looked for many other games for it, I look for and look for it , but I can't find crap for the psp. Only sports games or rather gorey violent games (which I both distinctly hate) And along with that minor annoying feature, I can never use anything the psp gives me , internet, pictures, I can do squat for it. Unless its games, everythings to complex, it's got some good gaming features, but face it. The psp is to complex for alot of people to handle unless they have the most epic attention span ever to read the manual. I don't mind the psp the gaming features are great (especially with the very few games I have) but face it, the psp could never live up to the quality the ds gaming features hold.

The ds on the other hand, instead of making it difficult to use all this complex crap, they go 'okay pictochat, game enter mode , game boy advance enter mode, and techinical stuff.' and then they go 'to make it look official, lets just throw in this useless technical manuel sicne everything so gosh darn easy to get.' Seriously. The ds is amoungst one of the greatest gaming consoles they've ever came up wih, I can get tons of games for the ds, pokemon, tamagotch, zelda, and tons of other casual gaming games, that aren't fild with gore, violence, inapppropriate conduct, or sports. I have like 20 games for the ds, 5 for the psp, half of em I don't even play, I'm not knocking the psp it's a good quality gaming experience but overall ds meets my high quality gaming standards.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I am going to vote for DS because I have only ever played a PSP once and although it was good, I just love Nintendo and the DS is such an awesome idea.
    Dual Screen was simply incredible and it set a standard, from what I know, that standard has not been reached by anyone else.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
  • The DS, the PSP may have better graphics, but the games on the DS are way more fun, you can watch videos & listen to music with an R4, and it has wifi and multiplayer.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    DS for Pokemanz, but PSP has internet so...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Although I use DS and am Nintendo loyal I wouldnt mind having a red PSP

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Probably the DS, just for the fact that there are more games for it I like :D;; I really like the feel of the PSP, and the graphics, but there's hardly any games for it that I like.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • DS has some nice features. It was drawing on maps in LoZ, Battling with Pokemon in D/P, and even Drawing your own Hero, with Drawn to life. Anyway, a PSP doesn't need all those features - most of us all reay have ipods, internet, etc.

Back