• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Public or Private school

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • Yes. It's the discussion on every parents mind. What school is better... Private or Public. ATM I'm in Private. I SERIOUSLY HATE IT! They are so strict. But I'll get used to it. It's my first year here so meh. *got suspended on my first year. Lmfao*

Anyways. What type of school do you guys go to?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Ever consider virtual? (Or to another extent, home school) I take courses on the laptop right here at home, online school is great. Just starting my second year of it. Possibly dual enrolling some courses at the nearby public school in the future to balance things out, unsure.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Well, on the basic conversation of what is better, Private or Public. The answer to that is Private. The reason for this is because you get better education, and the teachers actually know what they are talking about! Most people will say Public because you can wear casual, or the teachers aren't strict or something. But to be honest, Private is better!

I went to a Private school, the most expensive school in Adelaide. And I only went for 2 years, but then I moved to a Public School, and the Private school was better overall!

Zet

Years
  • neither are as good as each other, you get the same education really, with private schools you just get better equipment while with public schools you can do all the stuff that private schools do with their equipment

SpartanPatriot

It was fun....goodbye.
    Years
  • I go to public school at the moment. When we move down to Florida within the next couple of monthst then I will go to a charter school for video game design.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ever consider virtual? (Or to another extent, home school) I take courses on the laptop right here at home, online school is great. Just starting my second year of it. Possibly dual enrolling some courses at the nearby public school in the future to balance things out, unsure.

Yeah, which gives you an advantage because you can be PokéCommunity all the time.

I'm in a public school, but I don't really care. In Ireland, the majority of public schools are doing better than private schools when it comes to exam results. Honestly, I don't know that much about private school because I don't really care. I'm perfectly content with the school I'm in now and I don't think that'll change anytime soon.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I go to public High School right now, and my school feels more like a College campus than a High School. There are 7 different buildings, all spread out from eachother. So I have to walk from building to building when I go to class. But it's really awful when it rains :(. In general, I really enjoy the school I go to and would prefer it over Private school.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I go to public High School right now, and my school feels more like a College campus than a High School. There are 7 different buildings, all spread out from eachother. So I have to walk from building to building when I go to class. But it's really awful when it rains :(. In general, I really enjoy the school I go to and would prefer it over Private school.

You don't go to Helix Charter, do you? That basically describes where I went to high school. I hated that place...but I hated private school more.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Ever consider virtual? (Or to another extent, home school) I take courses on the laptop right here at home, online school is great. Just starting my second year of it. Possibly dual enrolling some courses at the nearby public school in the future to balance things out, unsure.

My god Ryab I wanna be like you @_______@
    I go to a private school {teh oldest running girls school in England fyi}. It's pretty samey to public but we have more rules and less hooligans.
    I've been to both a public and private school so I can give a fair vote and say that private owns public ^^

Years
  • I wouldn't know, but I hear in private schools they're generally better funded (with all the fees many parents need to pay) and get to go on outings and do chemistry experiments and stuff like that.

At the public school I went to, we didn't get to do any of those things because the school couldn't afford it. And we still had to wear a uniform (it was such a tacky cheap uniform too)

It probably varies quite a lot so I wouldn't know for sure which is better.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I've never attended Public school all my life so I have no input. >P

I've attended private schooling and so far, I like how it is smaller and you actually know everyone in the school. XD Since it's darn expensive it's hard for people to get in it resulting in smaller classes. There is only about 22 people in my grade! XD I love my school though. :3

Led Zeppelin Pwn

Led Zeppelin is teh greatest
    Years
  • Private.
    Ppl at public schools are REALLY annoying,
    being all cocky and stuff.
    And also, I was smarter when I went to the private school
    and was less angry...
    But at least at my school now I dont have to wear uniforms...

Years
  • I've only been to public schools in my life. It doesn't bother me. I was still able to learn, which is all that matters to me.

Right now, I'm in a state university. It's great to be in college. Good education AND hardly any rules in classes! :D

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Private>Public

No idiots. No CPS morons.
    Strict, sure. But as long as it isn't over-done, it can be fun =3

The "second" private school I went to (same school in a way... there's like 3 Good Shepherds... the first one only goes to 1st grade, the other 2 have all the grades, but they run differently... kinda.) had field trips like every other week =3

~~~~~~

Though, like BeachBoy said, Homeschooling is da best. =3

No morons. Period.
    No uniforms (unless you/your parents decide to)
    No having to wake up at 6am to catch a bus.

and other stuff... can't think of said stuff ATM...

Maybe I can travel now =3

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Prefers public schools over private.I dont see how private school people get a better education there more then likely teaching you the seem subjects.Maybe its cause they have more one on one time with there teachers due to having a small class.But in public schools you can go to your teachers during there off class or after school before school.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • You don't go to Helix Charter, do you? That basically describes where I went to high school. I hated that place...but I hated private school more.

No, I don't. But I did look at some pictures of it and it does look very similar to the school I attend.

Private is so much better than public we don't have to wear uniforms we actually can talk about God and lastly we get out at 1:30 P.M every Friday

At the school I go to, we don't have uniforms either. Just a fairly loose Dress Code. And we get out at 2:15 P.M every day. So not too much of a difference.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    As I've been to both, I have to say that my private school experiences were much better than my public school experiences. I have 2 good teachers this year. The rest suck. (I'm at public school this year).

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    The only private school I've gone to is in the Dominican Republic, where we had to pay for EVERYTHING, got 4 hours of school, and got a rushed education. Bleeh.
    I've never been to a private school in America, but if they're all religious like I've been told I'll stick to public school. The idiots I'll bear with.

Back