• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

question: do you care about the aesthetics of your console?

Yes. I bought a n3DS standard because I really liked the faceplates on it, even though I already had two regular 3DS XL systems at the time. Also really wanting pastel pink joycons for my Switch since I'd love that a lot more than the red/blue ones my system came with. If I start playing my Vita more actively again I'd probably prettify it too. yay aesthetics!!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Online now
    Admittedly there are some beautiful consoles out there that I'd love to own, but performance is more important to me than outer appearance.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
    Nope, not really. I mean I'd love to have a pretty looking 3DS like the one that is galaxy themed or Pikachu themed, but I care more about how it runs.
    Though I do have a hot pink thing going on since I was little and got my first DSi, so I usually try and follow that trend of hot pink electronics.. so far, my DSi and my phone have been the only hot pink though.. Most stuff is only red/blue/silver :p

Years
    I care about the asthetic's for a few reason's.

1. Big difference, you can tell the machines apart; when nintendo went with the Wii and the Wii U, I got disappointed when I saw how the WiiU console came out in design. Just an Oblong, Curved box, No design changed or shell asthetic's except your game pad... Wagering when and if they do Wii U virtual console, the icon for it will look like the Gamepad.

2. Color; why?... Everyone has a favorite color; for girls and some boys, Pink, Purple and Cyan. Most boys and some girls, Red, Green, Blue and Orange. If your going to buy a game console, there's a 45% chance the console your going to buy is in your favorite color.

3. I typically avoid the SPECIAL edition consoles such as a pokemon shelled console or legend of zelda or anything else, mostly because the mod scene in the background typically makes great decals inspired by a LOT of artists. The special editions are the same console except slightly over priced and typically have a game already bundled with them you already own.

4. Nostalgia mostly. The early consoles of the PS4 with that Blue line made it give a "Play Station 2" era or feel.... Reminds me, I miss the PSP and it's rise... We need a PSP2 or something that isn't called the PS VITA... and give it some bloody, much needed R and L 2 buttons.

Cid

Years
    I definitely had to keep myself from buying the special LGPE edition of the Switch. Back then I definitely cared, because I was very hyped about my Smash main, Pikachu. The new model with the upgraded battery life is the one I ended up buying, and I'm happy things went that way. I realize I didn't really need the LGPE Switch to prove I was a fan of Pikachu. So I guess I don't care about the aesthetics as much now?

Right before I got my Switch, I bought a Switch pro controller that looked aesthetically pleasing, too. While primarily done to (1) aid my fledgling Smash career, (2) make sure I'm getting a new-ish pro con model, and (3) have my own controller to use for sparring matches with my friend's Switch, looks still played a part in my decision. I don't play Smash competitively anymore, though. That ship has sailed.

Years
    I got a red 3DS back in the day. One day later, I put a dog sticker on it I was like...oops. So I got a yellow nerf case for it. The nerf case looks like it has seen better days, but console works fine, so I keep.

I got my Switch Lite in Gray cause I was going for the most "neutral" look at the time.

The surviving N64 in my room is plain gray so, yah.

Needless to say, I truly don't care about aesthetics.

Back