• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    While this question is entirely opinionated, the better choice would be Manaphy since someone with just one Manaphy could have as many Phione as they wanted.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    Hello guys, i'm a new member. I'm searching for a Munchlax for 2 weeks and all i found is Heracross, Aipom, Wurmple, etc but i couldn't find Munchlax. Help me please!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Munchlax is pretty rare. The only thing you can do is keep trying.
    Slather honey onto every tree you see and check every 12 hours.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    But i heard the people said i can only catch it by SID and TID or on a special honey trees. So i'd slathered on all 21 honey trees in Sinnoh.

bruteroot

Grass Trainer
    Years
    Hi guys i need help with ev training. I used the iv calculator on serebii. My ivs for my typhlosion are
    3/31/25/31/30/31. and special attack and speed are highlighted red. Does this mean ive maxed out special attack and speed or have i done something wrong?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    You haven't maxed out anything until you have EV trained. EVs and IVs are completely different things.
    While you can change EVs, you cannot change IVs.

You have presumably 510 EVs left to spend (but you probably wasted some levelling it into a Typhlosion).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hi guys i need help with ev training. I used the iv calculator on serebii. My ivs for my typhlosion are
    3/31/25/31/30/31. and special attack and speed are highlighted red. Does this mean ive maxed out special attack and speed or have i done something wrong?

It means that the given stats are higher than they should be, which means that your Typhlosion has collected Effort Values which were not factored into the calculator. Unless you know exactly how many Effort Values your Typhlosion has gained and simply forgot to input those numbers, you will need to reduce those to zero by feeding it Hondew and Tamato berries.

...You should probably feed it a Kelpsy Berry, as well, to check if any EVs had also interfered with that Attack IV.

Last edited:
    Years
    If i import a US version of Platinum to the UK, will the UK events still work, like the Wifi ones and stuff? I know Platinum is out in the UK in like...5 days but if i import i could save some money :)

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Hey im new to playing Diamond... Just started a few weeks ago. Im unfamiliar with some of the pokes, and new TM's; but I really wanna learn this stuff so I can battle online! Would anyone be willing to exchange freind codes, and take my noobness under their wing for a little bit??? Thanks!

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Okay I'ma make a dragon dance, Ice Punch, Waterfall and Earthquake Feraligatyr. I have it for Attack IV's. A.K.A: Adamant Natured Male "Likes to Thrash About". lvl. 1 UT. I need to know how to EV train with these stats or/ What I should kill for this 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe I have Power Items but I am not going to use them because I worked hard to IV breed this one and I want every EV point to count. I will use Vitamins and I do have Pokerus. So any ideas on how many vitamins I should use for the stats and how many /which pokemons I should kill. And show me the equal up to please :D. Thanks!

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Apply two Hp ups, then go kill 8 bidoofs.
    Apply ten attack ups, then go kill 152 machop or 76 gyarados or even less when you're using the power bracer.
    Apply ten speed ups (Carbos is it?) then go kill 128 magikarps or 64 golbats, or even less with the power anklet.

Remember that pokerus doubles any point you made by fainting pokemon.
    Power item equals fainting +4 for 1 real pokemon you faint.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Where exactly do I find a Porygon in Platinum? Porygon and Porygon2 are the only pokemon I need to finish the Sinnoh Dex and I can't find them anywhere! This is annoying!

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Where exactly do I find a Porygon in Platinum? Porygon and Porygon2 are the only pokemon I need to finish the Sinnoh Dex and I can't find them anywhere! This is annoying!

You get it from a guy in Vielstone City, Up to the north. I believe it's in egg form.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You get it from a guy in Vielstone City, Up to the north. I believe it's in egg form.
    I believe you just get it as a Pokemon actually, but yes, in Veilstone you get one, in a house near-ish the Pokemon Centre. Also, Porygon2 is held by a trainer on route 217 - an 'Ace Trainer Blake'.

Gusxx1

Years
    I believe you just get it as a Pokemon actually, but yes, in Veilstone you get one, in a house near-ish the Pokemon Centre. Also, Porygon2 is held by a trainer on route 217 - an 'Ace Trainer Blake'.

Thanks for clearing up the egg thing. I thought it was in an egg, guess not.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    That would be because the attendant in the actual Battle Facilities is for local wireless. To play at the Battle Frontier over Wi-Fi, you actually need to enter the usual Wi-Fi room in the Pokemon Center basement, then select the option from the screen nearby.

*Facepalm* Thanks. I have seriously pissed off my battle partner... >.<

Hey im new to playing Diamond... Just started a few weeks ago. Im unfamiliar with some of the pokes, and new TM's; but I really wanna learn this stuff so I can battle online! Would anyone be willing to exchange freind codes, and take my noobness under their wing for a little bit??? Thanks!

If you really want to become a competetive battler, I suggest you just play through the game. It's a great way to become familiar with the new moves, pokemon, etc. After that just read the FAQs in the Strategies and Movesets forum to learn allllllllllll about evs, ivs, and that jazz. If you have any specific questions, you can ask here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2010
    guys, help me! I can't find my Munchlax on the Honey trees. I'm playing pokemon platinum US version. I don't have the Wi Fi so i can't trade to get Snorlax.

Gusxx1

Years
    guys, help me! I can't find my Munchlax on the Honey trees. I'm playing pokemon platinum US version. I don't have the Wi Fi so i can't trade to get Snorlax.
    The only thing you can do is buy honey and put it on every tree that you can remember the place of. I think its 1% to find Munchlax on the trees and thats the only way you're going to be getting it sadly :( Sorry.

Back