• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
  • yes.. but bidoof gives 2 evs and the pokerus doubles it and the macho brace doubles that

( 2x2x2=80 so it would be 8 evs ( i think)

With pokerus and macho brace a normal bidoof only gives off 4 EVs. because 1+1= 2 (Counting just pokerus and the pokemon your fainting) then the macho brace doubles that so its 4 evs.

Years
  • Okay, so does this seem right:

I want to raise my Eevee (lvl 1)'s special attack:
    I feed it 10 calciums = 100 EVs
    And then I fight 76 Golducks (each Golduck gives 2EV for SP A) = 152 EV
    Total: 252

So this would max out my Eevee's Special attack EVs?

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • EV points question!!! I'm making a tank pokemon. So I have pokerus and a macho brace and I am killing gravellors for the up 2 def. I also ate 10 vits for defence. I would like to know how many gravelors I would have to kill. I know its 255 EVs max for the stat so I'm also going to raise Special Defence also and would like to know which pokemon is very common and the best for boosting special defence. And what is the name of the power item and boosts special defence?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    EV points question!!! I'm making a tank pokemon. So I have pokerus and a macho brace and I am killing gravellors for the up 2 def. I also ate 10 vits for defence. I would like to know how many gravelors I would have to kill. I know its 255 EVs max for the stat

With 10 vitamins, Pokerus, and a Macho Brace, it will take exactly 19 Graveler to maximize your Defense. Also, the practical maximum is 252, not 255.

so I'm also going to raise Special Defence also and would like to know which pokemon is very common and the best for boosting special defence. And what is the name of the power item and boosts special defence?

The most common is probably Tentacool and Tentacruel, but there are likely better ways.

The Power item for Special Defense is the Power Band.

Years
  • The most common Pokemon that gives Sp. Def is Tentacool. You can pretty much find it wherever you surf. The Power Item is the Power Band.

Spoiler:

The Red Chain

i know this isnt really related to d/p/pt but is there a thread already on this forum that is the official pokemon nickname thread

Most importantly that kind of thread wouldn't actually go in this forum. [In DPPt]
    Second, yes, there already is an 'official' Pokemon nickname thread here

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • With 10 vitamins, Pokerus, and a Macho Brace, it will take exactly 19 Graveler to maximize your Defense. Also, the practical maximum is 252, not 255.

The most common is probably Tentacool and Tentacruel, but there are likely better ways.

The Power item for Special Defense is the Power Band.

My bad I mean I have a power belt. That is good! I have both a Power Band and a Power Belt. Also someone told me when your pokemon is finished with its 510 total EVs all you do is rape your pokemon with rare candies to lvl. 100. Is that true? Also will I still receive EV points if I throw in the pokemon I want to EV train but then switch it off with a different pokemon to kill it because I am EV training a low level.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • My bad I mean I have a power belt. That is good! I have both a Power Band and a Power Belt. Also someone told me when your pokemon is finished with its 510 total EVs all you do is rape your pokemon with rare candies to lvl. 100. Is that true? Also will I still receive EV points if I throw in the pokemon I want to EV train but then switch it off with a different pokemon to kill it because I am EV training a low level.

Yes, once 510 EVs are used, any method to reach level 100 will have no effect on the Pokemon's stats.
    Yes, EVs are distributed to all of the participants.

Years
  • Hello I have a question about the Nintendo DS - I hope this is the right forum this time.

I was gonna buy a DS lite, but it turns out a friend has the old DS and he wants to sell it. Should I go for the used and cheaper old ds or is it worth paying extra to get the lite edition? Basically I have come to the understanding that they are identical except for their size.
    I know it's not 100% on topic but I couldn't find a thread for the different gameboys/ds etc. And as ds was the console for the 4th generation I guessed I could put it here.

Years
  • Hello I have a question about the Nintendo DS - I hope this is the right forum this time.

I was gonna buy a DS lite, but it turns out a friend has the old DS and he wants to sell it. Should I go for the used and cheaper old ds or is it worth paying extra to get the lite edition? Basically I have come to the understanding that they are identical except for their size.
    I know it's not 100% on topic but I couldn't find a thread for the different gameboys/ds etc. And as ds was the console for the 4th generation I guessed I could put it here.

i would go with the new DS lite...i was in the same situation as u but i went with the Lite and im glad i did...the old one is not bad but if u actaully compare them side by side the DS lite makes the game graphics more alive...or thats how i see it

Years
  • Need help with EV training and vitamins.

I'm currently EV training a Pokemon in SDef. I've been killing Tentacruels, and they give two EVs for SDef. The problem I came across is that I may have forgotten to count a Tentacruel, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm thinking about solving this by giving my Pokemon a Zinc when my EV count is in the 90's, since the Vitamin limit is 100 EVs from my understanding.

If it were to be at exactly 90 EVs, it will just accept the Zinc and I'll get to the limit of 100, right?

But what if I DID forget to count two EVs and it was actually at 92 EVs, will it accept the Zinc and max it at 100 since that's the limit, or will it pass it up straight to 102? Or will it not accept it at all and keep it at 92?

Gusxx1

Years
  • Well, The only thing you can do when you forget EVs is go max out another stat and come back to that after say you got 252 attack, 6 hp for examples. Then just kill as many as you think till you get 252 for the effort ribbon.

For your actual question, Yes as long as the EVs arnt over 100 it will accept the vitamins. I believe as long as it's not past 110 it will take the vitamins. I'm not entirely sure though. ( What i mean by that, Is i believe that if you have like 95 EVs a vitamin may still work and will add 10 and you will receieve 105)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I feel this would be much better in the Generation IV Q&A Thread, so I'll be merging this with said thread. Please be sure to use the Generation IV Q&A Thread for any questions in the future. ^^

Merges with Generation IV Q&A Thread~

JOLTEON65

Hardcore
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    Hey I have platinum.
    I need to beat the last gym, but I need to get the levels up for my pokemon.
    Where could i train???
    And what levels could i make my pokemon?
    umbreon lvl 42
    giratina lvl 47
    ninetails lvl 49
    empoleon lvl 46
    jolteon lvl 48
    lucario lvl 46

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You can train on Route 222 which is near Sunyshore, you should level up pretty fast there. The pokemon there are in their 30's and low 40's.

Gusxx1

Years
  • Anyone have any tips on evolving my Tyrogue into a Hitmontop? I wanna be able to do it without touching its EVs. And i don't have access to rare candies...

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • I'm currently EV training a Pokemon in SDef. I've been killing Tentacruels, and they give two EVs for SDef. The problem I came across is that I may have forgotten to count a Tentacruel, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm thinking about solving this by giving my Pokemon a Zinc when my EV count is in the 90's, since the Vitamin limit is 100 EVs from my understanding.

If it were to be at exactly 90 EVs, it will just accept the Zinc and I'll get to the limit of 100, right?

But what if I DID forget to count two EVs and it was actually at 92 EVs, will it accept the Zinc and max it at 100 since that's the limit, or will it pass it up straight to 102? Or will it not accept it at all and keep it at 92?

Tentacools give out 1 EV and Tentacruels give out 2. And I do not think so. The limit for EVs is 252 for each stat and you only can have a total of 510 EVs. You can only eat 10 vitamins max. So if you were at 90 legit EV's then you would end up with 190 EV's. So that would be no. Just because you have 90 EVs you trained from does not mean vitamins will not work. Unless if you maxed the EV's to 252 but then you start using vitamins on that EV then it will not give you EV's at all, you are just wasting vitamins if you did that. Vitamins literally make EV training faster and a whole lot easier. And it is always recommended if you use vitamins before you start EV training. And try to EV train your pokemon at a low level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Hello everyone. :) I was wondering in Pearl iis Fly really necessary after the E4? I'm wondering cause I want one poke that i really like but it cant learn fly, and I cant swap anything else out

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hello everyone. :) I was wondering in Pearl iis Fly really necessary after the E4? I'm wondering cause I want one poke that i really like but it cant learn fly, and I cant swap anything else out

Well it depends. After you beat the elite you go to the credits and then straight in your home in Twinleaf Town. If you want to walk all the way to the PC in Sandgem town and teach a pokemon there fly, you can go ahead and do that. Or you can catch a wild Starly and teach it fly near Sandgem. Either way it works to where you don't have to bring a pokemon that knows fly to the elite 4.

Back