• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, how do i get Spiritomb???

I put odd keystone in pillar, talk to myself 30 times (registered as 30 people spoken to, check my card), then go to pillar, and it just says a presence feels as thoguh it's ready to emerge!!!what do i do now???

p.s. this is on Diamond

Years
  • Darkrai and Wonder Card/Member Card

I am sorry if this has already been explained. I just got the Wonder Card through wi-fi and was wondering if I caught Darkrai and traded it, would I be able to get another go at it in a new game save? WIll the Wonder Card/Member Card be deleted in the process?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am sorry if this has already been explained. I just got the Wonder Card through wi-fi and was wondering if I caught Darkrai and traded it, would I be able to get another go at it in a new game save? WIll the Wonder Card/Member Card be deleted in the process?

If you are planning to restart your game file, then all information including the Wonder Card/Member Card shall be erased with all game data as well. So, I highly suggest trading over your Darkrai to someone trustworthy before erasing your file and trade back for it when you are ready.

Years
  • Would I be able to obtain the Wonder Card/Member Card through wi-fi again on the new game save or is it a one and done deal?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    quick question and matter of opinion. I have a shiny jolteon with a speed of 174 at lv 50 with a neutral nature. Is that pretty good or should I just go shiny hunting for a better nature? any thoughts?

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • move deletion

like in all of the previous pokemon games there is usaully a HM deletor person. Is there one in Pearl Version? If So Where?

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • My failure, I'm Sure

on the pearl version, the pokemon application where it shows a map and a (i'm guessing a pokemon icon) creature dot, whenever i get remotely close to it it goes to the other side of the map. i usually get to it by foot of bike (if using the bike speedway).

how do i get to it without it flying (guessing it flies) off somewhere, so i can actually catch it?
    and find out what it is?

Edit: Also, is there a move that prevent the enemy pokemon from fleeing battle?

Last edited:
    Years
  • As far as I've observed, roaming Pokemon (the "creature dot") move to a neighboring route everytime you enter/exit a route or city. What I like to do is go to Jubilife City since it leads out into 3 other routes, cross the boundaries between the routes and the cities a few times until it is close by/1 Route away from my location, and try to judge what the next route it will wander into will be. Sorry for the crude explanation. This kinda thing would be easier to show than explain with words. ;^^

Moves that keep enemy Pokemon from fleeing are Mean Look, Spider Web, and Block. Shadow Tag and Arena Trap are abilities that do the same (Arena Trap only on Pokemon that aren't Flying Type/have Levitate ability).

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Does the shiny trick for the legendaries (keep encountering them and resetting until they're shiny) work on others, such as driftloon?

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • Where can i find a ditto in Pearl Version, if there is one?

p.s. i only have pearl, so thats why i ask for pearl version

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ditto may be found on Route 218 via the PokeRadar, which is obtained when you first visit the Pal Park. On this route, use a repel, have a level 30+ Pokemon in the lead, activate the Poke Radar, and walk into a patch of grass that shakes with white flecks. If you need more help, go here.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • ok thank you, i hope i get it soon....i almost done with 8th badge....with nothing but water types.....(its all i use, its all i know how to use effectively next to venasaur)

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • is it possible to trade between the Older gemstone versions (Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald) and With the newer gemstone versions (Diamond and Pearl)?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Pokemon2319
    All three games are similar; however, Platinum has many new additions, so I recommend buying that one. It features the Battle Frontier, upgraded Sinnoh sprites, new move tutors, the Wifi Plaza and upgraded GTS, Giratina/Shaymin/Rotom formes, more legendaries (Kanto birds and Regis), and so on. A detailed list of Platinum's additions can be found here.

Snoveria
    Yup, once you visit Pal Park, you can migrate 6 Pokemon from your RSE gamepak a day. The park is located south of Sandgem (you'll need to surf). I believe you need to defeat the Elite Four first.

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • ok, i'm of to the "E.F." but once i defaet all five of them, how would i trade between the two, would one of the wireless trade packs that comes with leaf green or fire red work or no?

edit: i only have 1 ds and 1 gba for hand helds that can actually support gba games

Back