• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Has the Virtue's Last Reward save corruption glitch been patched yet? (3ds version)

I really want to play the game but I don't want to be paranoid while playing it (well about the characters yes, but not the game itself :P) ...plus I don't want to reward the developers with money for a very buggy game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm really not managing to get the hang of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for the Playstation 2. I haven't managed to defeat the first midboss (the French Adonis-type demon) in the first Chapter because I'm really struggling to get the hang of it. I've made a couple of classes to use (all good-for-nothing or inadequate for now) such as a Warrior, a Cleric, a Martial Artist (Brawler?) and a Red Mage, and an extra Prinny.

I don't really know how to level up my characters, I've played the same two maps over and over, sending out two Prinnies and all my made characters (Not Laharl/Etna) and I've only managed to level up a few characters by a few levels each.

Can anyone provide advice on how the level-up system works?

Disgaea's level up system works the same as most other level-up systems: kill ****, you get exp; you kill enough ****, you level up. Its just that its dreadfully slow in the beginning of the game. There's a few maps that are good for level grinding, but those come later.

Tbh, Disgaea is a bit hard to get the hang of, and I remember struggling against Mid Boss the first time I played too. Levels are important, as is equipment (but you don't have much money in the early game), but sometimes strategy can snag you a win too.

...It's been a long time since I've played Disgaea 1, but iirc, the map you're on has archers that are being buffed by Geo Panels, correct? Something to try is lifting and throwing characters over to the geo symbols that are buffing the archers, then having those characters lift and throw the geo symbols off the colored panels so the archers are no longer buffed.

If Mid Boss is still giving you trouble, use the old lift-cheese strategy: wail on the boss (when all other enemies are dead), but before you end your turn, have one of your junk characters lift him. He won't be able to do anything. Rinse and repeat until he's dead.

And one other thing: make sure to level/power up Laharl, Etna, and whatever other story characters you like as much as you can; it makes life better.

god I hope that helps....

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Has the Virtue's Last Reward save corruption glitch been patched yet? (3ds version)

I really want to play the game but I don't want to be paranoid while playing it (well about the characters yes, but not the game itself :P) ...plus I don't want to reward the developers with money for a very buggy game.

Yes and no. The Eshop version has a fix, abit shoddy. It just disabled saving in the room where corruption was most common, didn't do anything other then that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is it possible to use a Gamecube Action Replay (and one that lets you input codes) on a Gamecube game but on a Wii?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does the AR have an addon to the console it uses?

The thing is, I don't actually have a Gamecube AR. I was just asking so I don't go buy one and waste my time and money. But are you implying that it is in fact possible to use a Gamecube AR on a Wii for a Gamecube game?

Years
  • The thing is, I don't actually have a Gamecube AR. I was just asking so I don't go buy one and waste my time and money. But are you implying that it is in fact possible to use a Gamecube AR on a Wii for a Gamecube game?

I don't have one, either, but if it has a peripheral/addon to the console it uses, it might be possible depending on the port used.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't have one, either, but if it has a peripheral/addon to the console it uses, it might be possible depending on the port used.

Ok. I'll just drop it here then. It's getting a little too technical for me, and its not a huge deal anyway.

But thanks for bothering to run with me on this.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Google indicates it has a peripheral in the form of a memory card-like device. It may just work, since the Wii has the memory card ports of a Game Cube built into it.

I'll keep in it the back of my mind for the future. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2018
    Final Fantasy 6 GBA

Hi, I have a question, I just started playing Final Fantasy 6 for gba, and I'm new to the series. How do you switch parties. I'm to the part where I get the help of the moglies. Thanks.

Years
  • I recently purchased a 3DS XL and I'm going to probally hit up that Nintendo Promotion in order to get a free copy of Pokemon Y.

I was wondering which game I should purchase with it. I already own Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf, and I'm not interested in Lego City, so would you recommend Super Mario Land 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, or should I wait for Yoshi's New Island to come out? I really enjoy all three series so I'm having a hard time deciding.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I recently purchased a 3DS XL and I'm going to probally hit up that Nintendo Promotion in order to get a free copy of Pokemon Y.

I was wondering which game I should purchase with it. I already own Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf, and I'm not interested in Lego City, so would you recommend Super Mario Land 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, or should I wait for Yoshi's New Island to come out? I really enjoy all three series so I'm having a hard time deciding.

I recently bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and so far it's a pretty fun game! Music is great, implication of the 3D is amazing, and there are some very interesting art choices in here (every level design is different from the next). My only complaint is that the boss battles are just meh, but I can't really give an accurate representation of that point as I am still playing through the game at this moment in time.

Personally if you're not going to buy that, I recommend buying Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That game is fun as knobs, and it's highly addicting. It might not have the playback hour value as Animal Crossing New Leaf, but it's a must-have when it comes to owning a 3DS. It's really a tossup between those two games which is better - I might be biased considering I'm a sucker for Donkey Kong games - but either way you'll be buying a great game in the end, no matter what you choose.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
  • Swapping Out or Upgrading My PS3 Controller's Battery?

I was just wondering if it was possible to upgrade/swap out the older PS3 controller battery for a newer one with more "life/hours"?

If yes, please tell me what specific PS3 controller battery I should be shopping for, I'm still a newb/novice at this stuff.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Huh? Oh, I assumed you were talking about 3DS since the previous discussion was about that and you didn't specify in the post :p

You *could*, but I'm not sure how worth it it would be compared to just getting a new one or dealing with the one you have. Maybe sending it in would be viable as well.

Years
  • For anybody who has played the original Final Fantasy X, or recently got the Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, do you know an easy method for dodging the lightning in Thunder Plains? OTL That trophy is going to be the death of me...And I originally thought it wasn't supposed to be consecutive, but I've been reading posts where you have do 200 consecutively. Absolute madness, halp ;-;

Back