• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Question...
    Quick Questions & Answers

Which Script Type loads the script after every wild battles?

Thanks~

Years
  • Anyone know a Nurse Joy script?
    You know, how she takes your Pokemon and put it into that magical machine :P, and heals your Pokemon and bow?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Anyone know a Nurse Joy script?
    You know, how she takes your Pokemon and put it into that magical machine :P, and heals your Pokemon and bow?

Decompile it using a map and XSE. I'm pretty sure the reason she bows is cuz her movement type is different in the OW. Also DJG, I'm not sure, but I think it may have been around the ??? one.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Does anybody know the location of the background in the very beginning of fire red where Oak is talking to you?

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2018
    Thank you that was very helpful but i had another question. How do inchange the sprite in oaks intro like how do i put my own sprite in instead of looking at red and gary?

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Question. How do we modify the rate of shiny pokemon encounter (I'm using sapphire as base)?

Years
  • Hi all,

Not sure if this is a question for this type of thread or not but I was wondering,
    I've been away from hacking for quite some time and just wanted to ask, is Hackmew's XSE still the best script editor out or has something more beginner friendly come out?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • HackMew is still the best. Although Touched is making a Phyton based Script Editor with a built in debugger and emulator. So that's something to look forward to :)

Years
  • So i've applied the Fire Red Hacked Engine

When I try to find an offset in in FSF, it'll come up with a hex number with 5 numbers/letters in it, but when i try to use that hex number in Advance Map 1.95 in the Script Offset section, i'll paste in the offset but it'll start to double up because its only 5 when the offset is supposed to be 8 numbers/letters? For example, i'll find a free offset in 6D318 but when i paste it it'll double up becoming 6D3186D3. Any help with this would be appreciated.

DJTiki

Years
  • So i've applied the Fire Red Hacked Engine

When I try to find an offset in in FSF, it'll come up with a hex number with 5 numbers/letters in it, but when i try to use that hex number in Advance Map 1.95 in the Scritpt Offset section, i'll paste in the offset but it'll start to double up because its only 5 when the offset is supposed to be 8 numbers/letters? For example, i'll find a free offset in 6D318 but when i paste it it'll double up becoming 6D3186D3. Any help with this would be appreciated.

First, I would reccommend A-Map 1.92. It is less buggy and will not corrupt your ROM. When you get the five numbers, it doesn't include the 080 or 090 before the offset. 080 goes before the offset and 090 also does for expanded roms. But usually this isn't a problem, unless you used an older version of FSF. I'd advise upgarding to the newer version.

Years
  • Done, grabbed 1.92.

Before reading your post I tried putting zeros infront for example 0006D318 and it worked but I feel like that isn't the right way. Could you go more into why there is a 080 that is supposed to be infront of the offset? Also, the version of FSF i'm using is 1.2.4 which i'm not sure is current or not because of hackmew's disappearance. Could you point me in the direction of the most current one or the one that you are using?

DJTiki

Years
  • Done, grabbed 1.92.

Before reading your post I tried putting zeros infront for example 0006D318 and it worked but I feel like that isn't the right way. Could you go more into why there is a 080 that is supposed to be infront of the offset? Also, the version of FSF i'm using is 1.2.4 which i'm not sure is current or not because of hackmew's disappearance. Could you point me in the direction of the most current one or the one that you are using?

Here is the most recent FSF:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

The reason it needs to have 080 or 090 is bascially Hex. If you look at the game's bits and strings and values, you'll notice that all the Free Space, or at least most of it(FF) are in the range offsets that begin with 080 or 090(for expanded roms). The 080 is morely used for organization purposes and searching than the actual offset itself. The actual offset is everything after the 080 or 090. That's why you get 5 numbers instead of 8, because the first three are not as relevant to the offset coding itself.

So all the free space is in 080 and the game needs those offsets to search and replace the bits needed. Also, what you did was sort of correct. If you did that with 000, then the game would push other bits, strings and values forward instead of outright replacing them, so other features in the game becomes corrupt and stuff. That's why we use FF(Free Space) so that the game isn't as easily corrupted.

Years
  • Thank you.

I think i'm getting what you're saying. So overall, since i used the Fire Red Hacked Engine which removes every and all script from the game (that i'm aware of), does that affect it at all? Would that make me using 0006D318 as the offset okay since there are no actual scripts anymore?

Sorry if this sounds dumb to you, learning experience haha.

DJTiki

Years
  • Thank you.

I think i'm getting what you're saying. So overall, since i used the Fire Red Hacked Engine which removes every and all script from the game (that i'm aware of), does that affect it at all? Would that make me using 0006D318 as the offset okay since there are no actual scripts anymore?

Sorry if this sounds dumb to you, learning experience haha.

It's fine. Everyine has their starting points :)

Well yes and no. Fire Red Hacked Engine makes alot of things safe, but not everything safe. While using 000 offsets will be fine for a bit, eventually, you'll lose Free Space and have to load a backup(make sure to always have backups!), and there isn't a huge ton of Free Space there, anyways. I mainly use any offsets before 080 for ASM features and stuff that has hooks to the game's mehanics, then use 080 and 090 for all of my scripting, mapping, and music needs. Of course, Mr.DollSteak's Attack Rombase uses the 090 offsets, but it doesn't take too much.

The engine also adds alot of new specials to work with also too. So look at those and apply them too.

Years
  • So in short, if I use 080 instead of 000 I should be okay?

I'll defiantly take all of this into consideration as I progress though my hack.
    Thanks for all your help!

DJTiki

Years
  • So in short, if I use 080 instead of 000 I should be okay?

I'll defiantly take all of this into consideration as I progress though my hack.
    Thanks for all your help!

Yep. The 080 offsets have a ton more Free Space to work with and it will not corrupt the ROM as easily. And you are very much welcomed :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back