• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Can anyone show me how to use the Yes/No box in script?

Spoiler:

Code:
    msgbox @1 0x5
    compare lastresult 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    compare lastresult 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @no

#org @yes
    msgbox @2 0x6

#org @no
    msgbox @3 0x6

#org @1
    = Yes, or no?

#org @2
    = You said yes!

#org @3
    = You said no...

Years
  • The things it calls to are a simple movement step, not the events I'm looking for.
    What I mean by lacking confidence is that I'm bad at making scripts from scratch. It's easier and manageable to take the structure of an existing script and change what I want changed. Existing scripts have proper structure and acts as training wheels I can lean on when I don't know how to do what they do. Thing about that is existing scripts use flags and effects that trigger the others. If I get rid of one without knowing the consequences, I risk making any others nonfunctional. So I keep what I don't know as is. That's why I want to find the TV script and edit that rather than make my own. The clock script already leads to it, so I have to go from there. The problem is finding the thing.

goto 0x81B68E6

that's in the script. I fyou open that in xse, chances are you'll get the script you're looking for.
    Also, learn how to script from scratch, it's thw whole point of scripting anyways, also gamefreak's scripting is messy and has a lot of unnecessary stuff, if you don't make your scripts from scratch, your hack will be awful like DR series

Spoiler:

I'm assuming you're using XSE, if not, you're doing it wrong.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x5
    compare lastresult 0x1
    if 0x0 goto @no
    if 0x1 goto @yes

#org @no
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @yes
    msgbox @3 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    Yes or No?

#org @2
    No.

#org @3
    Yes.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • goto 0x81B68E6

that's in the script. I fyou open that in xse, chances are you'll get the script you're looking for.
    Also, learn how to script from scratch, it's thw whole point of scripting anyways, also gamefreak's scripting is messy and has a lot of unnecessary stuff, if you don't make your scripts from scratch, your hack will be awful like DR series

As you can see, the offset 81B68E6 is the script when you first enter the house. I'm looking for the one when your mother drags you to the TV right after setting your clock. Apparently this level script is what triggers that, but I don't see that part of the script here. I do plan on building my own scripts from scratch eventually, like I said, I'm using existing scripts as training wheels for structure until I can make my own without problems.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

JosefigGaming said:
    Other yes no script

You guys are using too much wording.

Code:
    #org @event
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk 0x5
    compare LASTRESULT if 0x1
    goto @yesevent
    msgbox @no 0x6
    release
    end

#org @yesevent
    msgbox @yes 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk
    = Want my cheetos?

#org @no
    = Your loss, ignoramus!!!

#org @yes
    = Hehe, too bad. Sucker!!!

As you can see, the offset 81B68E6 is the script when you first enter the house. I'm looking for the one when your mother drags you to the TV right after setting your clock. Apparently this level script is what triggers that, but I don't see that part of the script here. I do plan on building my own scripts from scratch eventually, like I said, I'm using existing scripts as training wheels for structure until I can make my own without problems.

There are many other scripts in the game why not just look for a different script besides this one that you are wasting too much time on? Go look for something like where the female hero walks to you when you touch her pokeball ... it's the same concept just use 0xFF for the movement.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I really suggest you make your own scripts, right now you say you're not confident in your scripting abilities, so I suggest just making a rom for testing stuff until you get used to scripting and get confident with it. Trust me, it'll be much better.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I appreciate the advice, but I think I'm doing fine at the moment. I'm almost ready to script on my own. Just getting through the beginning. The reason I'm looking for the script is simply because the clock script leads right to it without a break.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    jgtjd0.jpg

Any help? I can't seem to find the correct .dll Sappy needs. Or is there a more updated version of the tool for Windows XP?
    (My home PC died, so I couldn't play with music hacking. :/)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    jgtjd0.jpg

Any help? I can't seem to find the correct .dll Sappy needs. Or is there a more updated version of the tool for Windows XP?

Sappy should have an installer that comes with it that has all the needed files (including .dll files). Have you tried running that?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • jgtjd0.jpg

The oldest version of Sappy is an installer. My tutorial has a link to here

Run that, it'll install everything sappy needs to run. However, this is a very bad version of sappy, so delete everything except mid2agb.exe and use the newest sappy here

Also, an xml for you if you need it (It also has a few extra roms' songs like mystery dungeon, etc.) here

That should fix the error, ensure you're latest on versions, can compile, and have a romlist for you if you did everything right :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Can someone tell me why i cant move after this script is over? as information, im using this script on an script tile
    Spoiler:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Can someone tell me why i cant move after this script is over? as information, im using this script on an script tile
    Spoiler:

In your face down movement, you didn't put #raw 0xFE after. (also, pls, capitalize that "ey")

goto 0x81B68E6

I'm assuming you're using XSE, if not, you're doing it wrong.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x5
    compare lastresult 0x1
    if 0x0 goto @no
    if 0x1 goto @yes

#org @no
    msgbox @2 0x6
    release
    end

#org @yes
    msgbox @3 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1
    Yes or No?

#org @2
    No.

#org @3
    Yes.

Alternately, and better in my opinion, you can do this:

compare lastresult 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @yes
    ~~and then the no continues here, without you having to goto~~

instead of this:

compare lastresult 0x1
    if 0x0 goto @no
    if 0x1 goto @yes

They both work, but the other saves a lil bit more space.

Okay, so anyone know if there's a way to control trainer's pokemon happiness?

Years
  • Anyone know a patch or a script on how to make, when you battle with trainers, the player face the challenger?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2014
    I have an issue, I can't seem to make an event only appear after beating the Elite 4.
    I tried many checkflags, but none of them would compile to the game for various reasons.

This is the normal event (without appear only after beating the elite 4)

#org 0x740001
    special 0x187
    compare LASTRESULT 0x2
    if 0x1
    goto 0x81A7AE0
    special 0x188
    lock
    faceplayer
    checksound
    cry 0xFB 0x2
    waitcry
    pause 0x14
    playsong 0x0 0x2
    setwildbattle 0xFB 0x5 0x0
    setflag 0x807
    special 0x138
    waitstate
    clearflag 0x807
    special2 LASTRESULT 0xB4
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1
    goto 0x8162558
    compare LASTRESULT 0x4
    if 0x1
    goto 0x8162561
    compare LASTRESULT 0x5 if 0x1
    goto 0x8162561
    setflag 0x250
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x1A7AE0
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x162558
    setflag 0x2BC
    goto 0x81A922D

'---------------
    #org 0x162561
    setvar 0x8004 0x96
    goto 0x81A9236

'---------------
    #org 0x1A922D
    fadescreen 0x1
    hidesprite LASTTALKED
    fadescreen 0x0
    release
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x1A9236
    fadescreen 0x1
    hidesprite LASTTALKED
    fadescreen 0x0
    bufferpokemon 0x0 0x8004
    msgbox 0x81A63C4 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"The [buffer1] flew away!"
    release
    end

'--------- ' Strings '---------
    #org 0x1A63C4 = The [buffer1] flew away!"
    How would I make it so it would only appear after beating the Elite 4?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Is there a text editor tool available for OS X (preferably working with gen III) or am I wasting my time looking for one?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Oh, I didn't notice this thread when I made one asking my question. Sorry! Here's what I had asked:

Quick, dumb question: I was wondering how possible it is to expand or alter what Pokemon are in the Regional Dex in FireRed? For example, say I wanted to change the RD to feature instead of the first 151 their Gen 3 counterparts without changing their numbering in the National Dex, or wanted to add in Crobat to a 152nd space.

Is this possible and how is it done and/or is there a research thread or tutorial about it?

Is there a text editor tool available for OS X (preferably working with gen III) or am I wasting my time looking for one?
    Not many tools are available for OSX, however I'm pretty sure a lot of them will run well under wineskin.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Anyone know a patch or a script on how to make, when you battle with trainers, the player face the challenger?

http://www.romhack.me/tutorials/view/having-the-player-face-trainers-in-firered/

I have an issue, I can't seem to make an event only appear after beating the Elite 4.
    I tried many checkflags, but none of them would compile to the game for various reasons.

This is the normal event (without appear only after beating the elite 4)

How would I make it so it would only appear after beating the Elite 4?

Once you beat all the elite 4 members, set a flag. Then add a checkflag for that flag and if it's set, continue on with the event.

Oh, I didn't notice this thread when I made one asking my question. Sorry! Here's what I had asked:

Quick, dumb question: I was wondering how possible it is to expand or alter what Pokemon are in the Regional Dex in FireRed? For example, say I wanted to change the RD to feature instead of the first 151 their Gen 3 counterparts without changing their numbering in the National Dex, or wanted to add in Crobat to a 152nd space.

Is this possible and how is it done and/or is there a research thread or tutorial about it?

Not many tools are available for OSX, however I'm pretty sure a lot of them will run well under wineskin.

You'd have to add a ton of asm to read a regional dex table, since the regional dex only reads the first 151. You'd have to actually hack a lot of the reads the game does.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Is it possible to use hidesprite to hide a OW that is not in the same map as you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back