• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
  • there is most likely already a tutorial for expanding the pokedex so if you can just point me to it and what is G3HS,

i have no knowledge of asm so unless there is a tutorial for it i would require some help,

also i am wondering how to avoid data corruption when using the unused map leftovers, unused headers, adding wild pokemon data, connections and creating a new map itself

i tested to see if this would happen and after altering three maps two headers and adding connections and wild pokemon data the voicegroups used in music changed and some icons became corrupt, if theres a solution please tell me because id rather not have to revert to a backup every time i try to make progress in a hack. this happened to me atliest 10 times already

and thanks for the help

It's not a tutorial or asm.

G3HS is a tool that completely edits what Pokemon can do. YAPE is outdated by this point, so it's best to just use G3HS. G3HS stands for Gen 3 Hacking Suite. It edits movesets, types, stats, etc. BUT it has a feature that with a click of a button, gives you new Pokemon. It expands the Pokédex as well. So you don't have to even think about using the slots between Celebi and Treeko because G3HS has your back. FOREVER.

Here's a link to the tool:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320113

G3HS does everything and more than YAPE, so use that for now on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    there is most likely already a tutorial for expanding the pokedex so if you can just point me to it and what is G3HS,

i have no knowledge of asm so unless there is a tutorial for it i would require some help,

also i am wondering how to avoid data corruption when using the unused map leftovers, unused headers, adding wild pokemon data, connections and creating a new map itself

i tested to see if this would happen and after altering three maps two headers and adding connections and wild pokemon data the voicegroups used in music changed and some icons became corrupt, if theres a solution please tell me because id rather not have to revert to a backup every time i try to make progress in a hack. this happened to me atliest 10 times already

and thanks for the help

It's not a tutorial or asm.

G3HS is a tool that completely edits what Pokemon can do. YAPE is outdated by this point, so it's best to just use G3HS. G3HS stands for Gen 3 Hacking Suite. It edits movesets, types, stats, etc. BUT it has a feature that with a click of a button, gives you new Pokemon. It expands the Pokédex as well. So you don't have to even think about using the slots between Celebi and Treeko because G3HS has your back. FOREVER.

Here's a link to the tool:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320113

G3HS does everything and more than YAPE, so use that for now on.
    IIRC Karatekid hasn't added Emerald Pokedex expansion support to G3HS officially yet, which means he'll probably have to do it manually.
    But yeah, what DJTiKi said.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • also i am wondering how to avoid data corruption when using the unused map leftovers, unused headers, adding wild pokemon data, connections and creating a new map itself

any solutions to these problems?

and

[Tutorial] [Emerald] Expanding the Pokédex

is the tutorial i was referring to

Edit: i have tried to follow the tutorial but there are two or three things i do not know how to do

Spoiler:

atm this is what im stuck on please help if you can

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm looking to make a pretty simple hack, possibly only for myself to use, that would recreate the Pokemon available in the Japanese Blue Version, since it is very unique. What would be the best tool to use if the main thing I am interested in is changing the wild encounters and trades?

Er, for Third Gen.

DJTiki

Years
  • I'm looking to make a pretty simple hack, possibly only for myself to use, that would recreate the Pokemon available in the Japanese Blue Version, since it is very unique. What would be the best tool to use if the main thing I am interested in is changing the wild encounters and trades?

Er, for Third Gen.

Well if we are talking Third Generation, then your best bet would be Advanced Map 1.92. It has a built in Wild Encounter Editor for each map and route, so it would not be hard to do.

There is a tool that directly edits the Trades in Third Gen, yet I cannot find it. But it is definetly feasible.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Well if we are talking Third Generation, then your best bet would be Advanced Map 1.92. It has a built in Wild Encounter Editor for each map and route, so it would not be hard to do.

There is a tool that directly edits the Trades in Third Gen, yet I cannot find it. But it is definetly feasible.
    Thanks for the help! I can probably find a trade editor if I look hard enough.

JordanB500

Years
  • i have decided that it is beyond my skill to expand the emerald pokedex so i will wait until there is a tool that is capable of doing so, the only questions i have left is how to avoid data corruption which did occur again atliest 3 times after changing headers, maps, adding wild pokemon data and connections between areas. would i have to use the proffesional header view to prevent this from happening or is there another solution? please let me know

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm looking to make a pretty simple hack, possibly only for myself to use, that would recreate the Pokemon available in the Japanese Blue Version, since it is very unique. What would be the best tool to use if the main thing I am interested in is changing the wild encounters and trades?

Er, for Third Gen.

Trader Advanced (clicky) is what you are looking for with trades.

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
    Years
  • I have a minor problem involving the Pokedex in Pokemon FireRed. I changed the order of certain Pokemon in the Kanto Pokedex using the Pokedex Order editor. However once I catch a Pokemon and try to access their location area page on the pokedex, the whole game freezes. I can still access the area section of pokemon I have not captured. Is there any way to fix it? It does not really prevent the game play but I still find it annoying. Thanks in advance. Pictures of the problem are attached below.

Last edited:

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
    Years
  • I have a question...

How do I avoid "script spills?" Everytime I edit a script recently, it seems another part of the game becomes glitched and says parts of the script I just edited....

For example...

8wzMfSg.png

I didnt even write this script. Its supposed to be the part when naming the rival, yet another script seemed to bleed into it. How do I prevent this?

DJTiki

Years
  • I have a question...

How do I avoid "script spills?" Everytime I edit a script recently, it seems another part of the game becomes glitched and says parts of the script I just edited....

For example...

8wzMfSg.png

I didnt even write this script. Its supposed to be the part when naming the rival, yet another script seemed to bleed into it. How do I prevent this?

It is better not to edit the scripts, since a script too big will move and overwrite values that ruin other scripts. So best bet is to just make new scripts in free space and repoint it.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I have a minor problem involving the Pokedex in Pokemon FireRed. I changed the order of certain Pokemon in the Kanto Pokedex using the Pokedex Order editor. However once I catch a Pokemon and try to access their location area page on the pokedex, the whole game freezes. I can still access the area section of pokemon I have not captured. Is there any way to fix it? It does not really prevent the game play but I still find it annoying. Thanks in advance. Pictures of the problem are attached below.

Whoch Pokedex Order Editor are you using? If you're using Sebbe(sp)'s one it can be buggy, I had to manually edit all my entries in the PGE Pokedex Editor to fix it - i'd restart and use that one! =)

I have a couple of questions of my own...

I'm hacking FR, does anybody happen to know the palette offset for this screen, or know how I could find it?

okwh7p.png

Also, I'm interested in editing the "Old Man Catches Weedle" event. I know how to change the old man's back-sprite in NSE, but I'd like to change the Weedle for another Pokemon. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

JordanB500

Years
  • i just had an idea an hour ago and i was wondering would it be possible to make a script that whenever you ran out of pokemon to battle that instead of appearing at a pokemon center the screen went black, checked to see which pokemon you last had in battle and plays that cry before playing music and showed a game over screen that when pressing a button resets the game and deletes your current save? just curious

also i still havent figured out how to avoid data corruption when adding wild pokemon data and connections with advance map 1.92

in addition i am trying to get a script to work if anyone can help me

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    So, I've been trying to run XSE but everytime I tried it gives me an error. Error 13 "Mismatch". I don't know what it means...

I'm guessing you need to do something first to get it running properly, but I don't know what and I can't find out anywhere. Can anyone give me a step by step explanation of how to do it.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
    Years
  • Whoch Pokedex Order Editor are you using? If you're using Sebbe(sp)'s one it can be buggy, I had to manually edit all my entries in the PGE Pokedex Editor to fix it - i'd restart and use that one! =)

I have a couple of questions of my own...

I'm hacking FR, does anybody happen to know the palette offset for this screen, or know how I could find it?

okwh7p.png

Also, I'm interested in editing the "Old Man Catches Weedle" event. I know how to change the old man's back-sprite in NSE, but I'd like to change the Weedle for another Pokemon. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Its possible to change it to another Pokemon, but idk how to change the Pokemon itself.

What I did was change the Weedle itself. In my game, Venipede was the replacement for Weedle's family (Venipede is better and such). Now every time the old man battles, he is catching a Venipede.

Idk if that helps, but its what I did.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Is it possible to change the base stats and IVs on trainer specific pokemon? If you so, what tool do you need?

Years
  • Does anyone know where the script is from the Pokemon Center in Viridian in FireRed? The Oak's Parcel script? I want to get rid of it/change it because I'm making the main character be Blue Oak.

Years
  • Does anyone know where the script is from the Pokemon Center in Viridian in FireRed? The Oak's Parcel script? I want to get rid of it/change it because I'm making the main character be Blue Oak.

Where the script is from? From Nintendo lol.

Try decompiling the seller in the Poke Mart in Viridian, and you'll see.

Years
  • Where the script is from? From Nintendo lol.

Try decompiling the seller in the Poke Mart in Viridian, and you'll see.

Sorry, my grammar was off. But technically it's from Game Freak, not Nintendo xD.

The seller doesn't have that message on her/him (I always thought they were women but I'm not sure).

DJTiki

Years

It is a simple level script. It should be on that map.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back