• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • Hey everyone,
    does anybody know a good tutorial for script tiles/tile scripts or whatever they are called?
    Thank you. :)

(Maybe I'm just to blind to find one, but somehow I only find Person Scripts.)

Refer to this post:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347
    Scroll down to the script tile section. There isn't too much of a difference between them and person tiles.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Hmm... I don't know if this has been asked before and this idea just popped suddenly in my head just now but, is there a way to adjust the chance of getting your Pokemon infected with Pokerus?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2016
    Hello, I just wanted to ask a quick question... Just what is the Cry conversion table for in Emerald? There are three tables for cries, one for status screen/battles I presume, and another for moves like growl and hyper voice, according to the notes of a pal of mine. But no one I've spoken to knows what the conversion table's for.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hi, I'm looking for a way to "store" a Pokemon, similar to the way the daycares work. However, I also want to have the daycare in tact, which takes out the option of using their storage (and besides, their specials would have the side effects of leveling, eggs, etc).

The closest thing I've found to completely decrypt every aspect of a Pokemon is Jpan's Engine, with special 0x06. However, that appears to be in a memory block isn't meant to be a permanenet thing and deleted after the script is done. Furthermore, I'd like to be able to store two pokemon with this method, not one, which I don't think this would allow if I just left it there. What I want is a way to write all 100 bytes into a permanent location that won't change until I specifically script it to disappear (aka taking the pokemon back). But I'm not sure how copy bytes works in this case?

Also, of course, if there is a more efficient way to store pokemon, I'd prefer that instead.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
    Years
  • Hello. I would like to know how to add second frames to FireRed. I know Castform has multiple frames for its forms, and Deoxys has a second frame for its forme. And every Pokémon has a second frame in Emerald. So how can I make it so that every Pokémon has a second frame in FireRed?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    So I'm using the PROJECT HOENN BW tileset patch, and I have encountered a small problem... I CAN'T ENTER ANY OF THE BUILDINGS IN PALETTE TOWN!!! I can leave my room, house, and such, but cannot reenter my house, or enter garys house, and cant go into the lab any way other than the Hey! Wait! Oak script.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So I'm using the PROJECT HOENN BW tileset patch, and I have encountered a small problem... I CAN'T ENTER ANY OF THE BUILDINGS IN PALETTE TOWN!!! I can leave my room, house, and such, but cannot reenter my house, or enter garys house, and cant go into the lab any way other than the Hey! Wait! Oak script.

I'm not familiar with the patch but check a few things:
    • Check there are 'warp' events on the doors.
    • Click the purple puzzle piece, select the door and check that the behaviour byte is 69 00 (use door/warp).

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Another question on Pokemon data: is there a fire red script/method to completely generate or edit an in game pokemon? I know the give pokemon and give egg commands, but those are just species and level. I don't know of/couldn't find one that can control PID to specify natures or ensure specific abilities. I want to add the everstone personalities and the 80% inherit ability function to breeding.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Having an issue with the tileset animation editor:
    Spoiler:

I'm adding an 8 frame animation to tileset 37. The last frame (step 7) always looks like this, no matter which start tile, animation slot or tile amount I use. From experience I know that it freezes/crashes your game if you try to just paste your animation over this, since it's essentially other data.
    So, what can I do here?

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    Whenever I change the title screen of fire red
    I can change the charizard with a Cresselia with a perfection
    But when I change the background And run the game Only The gengar and nidorino fight comes on and then black screen
    What am I doing wrong

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Hello. I would like to know how to add second frames to FireRed. I know Castform has multiple frames for its forms, and Deoxys has a second frame for its forme. And every Pokémon has a second frame in Emerald. So how can I make it so that every Pokémon has a second frame in FireRed?

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

That thread should have some relevant information, I'm not sure if this is buggy or if there's a more up to date way. Use at your own risk.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I was wondering how to add pokemon to a gen 3 game for a rom hack using Gen III Hacking Suite. I was curious about how to add the sprites, as well as their cries. I was also curious about how the 'Expand Pokemon' thing worked.
    Is there a way to access the badge sprites to change them? As well as the pictures of the gym leaders on your trainer card?
    How can I add mugshots or music from future gens to the hack?
    How can I access the battle backgrounds to change them? Or the HP Bars?
    How can I change the opening lecture and the location art?
    Can I access the map of Kanto in order to change it?
    For reference, the rom I'm using is FireRed.
    For the time being, those are all the questions I have.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I was wondering how to add pokemon to a gen 3 game for a rom hack using Gen III Hacking Suite. I was curious about how to add the sprites, as well as their cries. I was also curious about how the 'Expand Pokemon' thing worked.
    Is there a way to access the badge sprites to change them? As well as the pictures of the gym leaders on your trainer card?
    How can I add mugshots or music from future gens to the hack?
    How can I access the battle backgrounds to change them? Or the HP Bars?
    How can I change the opening lecture and the location art?
    Can I access the map of Kanto in order to change it?
    For reference, the rom I'm using is FireRed.
    For the time being, those are all the questions I have.
    1. You click the "Expand Pokemon" button and choose you many Pokemon you want to add. Just try it out on a blank ROM if you're curious.
    2. I know you can change them with UNLZ, there are probably other ways as well.
    3. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=240183 and as for the music you can insert anything you want using Sappy. You will have to edit the song though.
    4. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302401
    5. You can change it with a text editor like A-text (although I wouldn't recommend it) or a hex editor
    6. The map is definitely changeable, look in the tutorials sections and you should be able to find a guide
    ---
    Most of your questions can be easily answered with google or just by having a look in the tutorials/research section. I'd suggest that next time, it will save you some time :)

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    What size should the emerald world map be if you're drawing it. I would like to know the size of the whole map and the size you can view with the cursor. I think the one I have done is too big and that's why it's not working. Everyone seems to insert world maps with ease.

Thanks

Gim

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    I have a problem with A-map.
    I made the Viridian City map smaller and made a the connection fit with route 1, but when I return from Viridian to route 1 the game freezes.
    Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I have a problem with A-map.
    I made the Viridian City map smaller and made a the connection fit with route 1, but when I return from Viridian to route 1 the game freezes.
    Why does this happen and how can I fix it?
    Did you change both connections? You have to edit the Route 1 -> Viridian AND the Viridian -> Route 1. Advance Map doesn't auto copy the changes.

Last edited:

Gim

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    Did you change both connections? You have to edit the Route 1 -> Viridian AND the Viridian -> Route 1. Advance Map doesn't auto copy the changes.

I did, they are both set to 0 to make it fit...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2016
    I am adding some buildings to pallet town. However, the warp just causes a blank screen. I have the warp set to the right bank, map, and numbers, and the tiles are set to behave as doors. WHAT IS WRONG!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back