• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Is there a way to write a script that changes a byte in the rom? Let's say that I wanted to make a pokemart script, but one of the items in the shop needs to have a different than usual price. In the script, I would want a byte change in the rom before the pokemart options come up, and another one to change it back to the way it was after the script is over. Is there any way to do this by scripting or asm?
    Just to clear things up, I would only want only one shop in particular to sell the item at a different price, not just a simple change to the overall price of the item.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    1) Here is a tutorial that has the process https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161616

2) No idea:P

3) For me, the story should be planned out first because if you dont know how what theme your game will rotate around, then you will have trouble deciding what to make your maps like and you wont know what scripts to put in.

Thank you.
    Just going to ask again, where can I go to get sprites made for me since I am having a hard time?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Thank you.
    Just going to ask again, where can I go to get sprites made for me since I am having a hard time?

You're going to have a hard time doing that unless you know someone willing to help. You can look on various sites but there aren't many people who will do sprites for a random person for nothing in return.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Is there a way to write a script that changes a byte in the rom? Let's say that I wanted to make a pokemart script, but one of the items in the shop needs to have a different than usual price. In the script, I would want a byte change in the rom before the pokemart options come up, and another one to change it back to the way it was after the script is over. Is there any way to do this by scripting or asm?
    Just to clear things up, I would only want only one shop in particular to sell the item at a different price, not just a simple change to the overall price of the item.

You could use witebytetooffset comand (I think that's what it's called) in XSE before the shop,( before pokemart 0xpointer) then after that before the script ends write the original price to that offset to reset it no normal for other shops.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    You're going to have a hard time doing that unless you know someone willing to help. You can look on various sites but there aren't many people who will do sprites for a random person for nothing in return.

Alright, well thank you for that information.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Just one main question which I have asked before but I would just like some clarification:
    Is there such a thing as a blank ROM? As in a ROM with no scripts made, or maps made but all the resources included?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    npc have water reflection, but hero use special palette for water reflection. Does npc use other palette for reflection? If yes is there a way to repoint their water reflection from one palette to other? Or the best thing how can I delete water reflection?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • npc have water reflection, but hero use special palette for water reflection. Does npc use other palette for reflection? If yes is there a way to repoint their water reflection from one palette to other? Or the best thing how can I delete water reflection?

If you want to remove the reflection just change the water tiles behavior bytes to something that doesnt have reflection. Yes the npcs and heroes use different palettes. All can be edited using NSE as they are normal overworld palettes and thus can actually be used for things other than reflections if you want them removed.(I cant remember the palette numbers atm sry)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    No no no, I mean for example npc 1 use normal palette 03 and palette 05 for reflection, and I want him to use palette 06 for reflections, and I do not know anything about changing bytes for tiles, is there any tut about it? Or can I do that with animated tile editor?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • No no no, I mean for example npc 1 use normal palette 03 and palette 05 for reflection, and I want him to use palette 06 for reflections, and I do not know anything about changing bytes for tiles, is there any tut about it? Or can I do that with animated tile editor?

Afaik there isnt a known way to change what reflection palette a overworld uses, sorry. But to change a behavior byte open up a-map and under the block editor theres a textbox labeled Behavior byte, and then change it to whatever you want.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Instead of the usual 4 byte pointer (XX YY ZZ 08) is it possible to write a 5 byte pointer? Or would there be any other way to point to an address with more than 6 digits?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    I think last question, how I edit background behind birch talking about basics of pokemons? I think it is uncompressed because it doesn't use compressed palette. And how I edit frames of text? For example type 3, you can choose it in settings, I need only offsets for background and frames and thanks for help :)

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Instead of the usual 4 byte pointer (XX YY ZZ 08) is it possible to write a 5 byte pointer? Or would there be any other way to point to an address with more than 6 digits?

No. Why on earth would you need that!?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    You could use witebytetooffset comand (I think that's what it's called) in XSE before the shop,( before pokemart 0xpointer) then after that before the script ends write the original price to that offset to reset it no normal for other shops.

Look up the definition of ROM. The fact that you can't write to it makes it a ROM, so this wouldn't work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Any idea on how to change the Pokemon counter poke balls that appear at the beginning of trainer battles. Editing the image in Unlz yields no results. (Unless I have the wrong image)

You repointed the image, right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back