• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm not talking about double battles like the battles with couples, twins, etc. I'm talking about tag battles, like in HGSS where you team up with Lance to fight Ariana. IE, 2-on-2 trainer battles with each trainer using one at a time. Though, the way I want to implement it is with the player fighting alone, using two Pokemon at once while the other two trainers team up against the player.

Sorry dude that's far too complicated for me. like I said I am a noob. I have played quite a few hacks and not once have I seen that so I'm guessing no one has figured out how to do that yet.

Years
  • Is there a way to limit/change the amount of siren beeps in Emerald (the sound that plays when a Pokemon is at red HP)? I'd like to be able to have a certain number of beeps played like in ORAS, then have the sound stop.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is there a way to limit/change the amount of siren beeps in Emerald (the sound that plays when a Pokemon is at red HP)? I'd like to be able to have a certain number of beeps played like in ORAS, then have the sound stop.

There is, and I've done that before with Ruby. You need to edit the sound using Sappy.
    Here's a screenshot of Sappy with an Emerald ROM opened. Song #90 is the one you need to edit.

Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Do we know how to do tag battles yet in FRLG? I want to have the player do a battle similar to the battle against Volkner and Flint in Pt, (and I want to have them cheat and use 4 pokes each) but a while back I read that one of the "pros" of using Emerald is that it's the only Gen III game with tag battles. Do we now know how to do that in FRLG or does this statement still ring true?

We don't have it for FireRed. I think it's the only feature, that anyone actually wants to port, which we haven't ported over.

No one has started its development, and likely no one will for a while. The few FR ASM hackers lack motivation to try and go through with this project. Back when PRPB was on FR, Touched was going to try and do it, but PRPB swapped bases to Emerald to avoid having to implement it. It's just a lot of hard work. That said, no one is ever going to start unless someone is interested starts it off for us. I suggest you make a thread and start doing research on the topic :)

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
  • If you downloaded the official zip in the thread, you'll have all the inis you want. Just replace the original ini with the one that came with the zip.

I did that. The result is this:
    Spoiler:

Clicking 'yes' results in this:

Spoiler:

Following that, I get the .ini recovery box, which I then fill with all the necessary details. That ultimately leads to this:

Spoiler:

and then the process repeats itself. So, yeah. That's my problem.

As for FBI's suggestion - how would I go about that? Open up the rom in HxD, navigate to 00FFFFFE0 and change all of the FFs to 00s?

Again, really sorry about all this. I feel like I'm in way over my head with this stuff.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • I assigned a pre-existing map's warp number to a new warp tile and whenever I try to warp to the map, it results in a black screen. Is there anything I might be able to do to fix this?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • I did that. The result is this:
    Spoiler:

Clicking 'yes' results in this:

Spoiler:

Following that, I get the .ini recovery box, which I then fill with all the necessary details. That ultimately leads to this:

Spoiler:

and then the process repeats itself. So, yeah. That's my problem.

As for FBI's suggestion - how would I go about that? Open up the rom in HxD, navigate to 00FFFFFE0 and change all of the FFs to 00s?

Again, really sorry about all this. I feel like I'm in way over my head with this stuff.
    https://i.imgur.com/5GLz8NU.png

I assigned a pre-existing map's warp number to a new warp tile and whenever I try to warp to the map, it results in a black screen. Is there anything I might be able to do to fix this?
    Check level scripts. If that's not it, check the warp again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    I was wondering if there was a Blank Rom Base for Emerald? As in one where all the scripts/events have been removed. I would like this just so I can start fresh when I get to the coding part of creating my Rom hack.

Years
  • Is there any tool other than PGE that can edit move descriptions in Emerald? To be more precise, edits that involve character replacements, meaning that the number of characters will not be increased.

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Hello, I have a quick question about variables in scripts in Firered.

I've seen hacks where various script tiles (across several different maps) use the exact same var number without ever setting a new value to said variable within the script. How is this possible without the scripts automatically freezing the game? It seems like a good way to save on vars since there aren't that many free ones.

PiGreat

「KILLER QUEEN」! I'll blow you to smithereens!
    Years
  • I'm sure you must all hate me by now, but I've almost got this sorted. So, I was adding Pokémon to MrDS' base (which I finally got working) and it was all going well - I managed to add everything up to Prinplup. While editing Prinplup, though, the program froze up, forcing me to end the process. Now, attempting to reopen it presents me with this:

Spoiler:

Frankly, I have no idea what this means (no surprises there), but it affects the loading of my backup, too - something that is completely untouched besides being changed from BPRE to MrDS. Any ideas?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Checked both of them. There are no level scripts from the map I'm warping to or from, and goes to the correct warp in A-Map, but not in-game.

I think you're pretty screwed via some map data corruption. I don't know if it's bad enough to require restarting from a backup though. :/

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • I think you're pretty screwed via some map data corruption. I don't know if it's bad enough to require restarting from a backup though. :/

Can I just make a new map and paste it into there and have that work? It's a small map so it's not much trouble, and I don't know when I saved my last backup file.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Simple question. How do you make it so that sprites are naturally hidden on a map until their flag is set?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back