• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Arrow Siham

Absolute Disaster
Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017
    About removal of the intro video and the title screen

Hello Guys! I am about to start making a hack of Pokemon Ruby version. But I am bored of the same intro style and also I always failed in editing the Title Screen.

So, I was wondering if there is a way of removing those functions. I need your help.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Working on a 386 Fire Red hack with some extra features, using MrDollSteaks Attack and Decap patch as a base. I googled this and didn't really find any answers but I got this when I booted up the Rom:
    fuvxKSC.png

I have it set on 64 bit save or whatever. Can I ignore it, or will it cause long term problems? Also, my base is Fire Red (U) but when I start it Professor Oak pops out a Seadra. I don't think this is normal and indicative that I am working with a previously patched rom. Thanks in advance for the help.

It shouldn't be an issue, I believe you have to change the save type to 128k to fix it but it has nothing to do with the game itself just the emulators settings

Again, I don't think that would be a problem either. Chances are your previously patched ROM changed the intro Pokemon already

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I need a little help with movement permission tiles. This is the issue:
    Ctrp5Bn.png

As you can see, the PC stands over the treetop where he should stand under. I'm using the green 10 tile for the plateau so that the PC can stand on the northern edge instead of not being able to access it at all. Unfortunately, this leads to the relevant issue. Using the green 2 and 11 tiles and the violet C tile on this are equivalent to the red 1 tile.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I need a little help with movement permission tiles. This is the issue:
    Ctrp5Bn.png

As you can see, the PC stands over the treetop where he should stand under. I'm using the green 10 tile for the plateau so that the PC can stand on the northern edge instead of not being able to access it at all. Unfortunately, this leads to the relevant issue. Using the green 2 and 11 tiles and the violet C tile on this are equivalent to the red 1 tile.

It would help to see you're current movement perms for that area.

But the issue in the picture is most likely just caused by your tile being set to be covered by the player, open up amaps block editor and take a look and make sure that the 4th value isn't set to 20

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I need a little help with movement permission tiles. This is the issue:
    Ctrp5Bn.png

i've done this a lot before, basically by being on the green "10" it places your character above the tree
    one thing that i always do for this is simply put blue "0" tiles around it and then put the "C" or the "8" on the tiles i want to be under
    this is personally how i do benches haha

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Working on a 386 Fire Red hack with some extra features, using MrDollSteaks Attack and Decap patch as a base. I googled this and didn't really find any answers but I got this when I booted up the Rom:
    fuvxKSC.png

I have it set on 64 bit save or whatever. Can I ignore it, or will it cause long term problems? Also, my base is Fire Red (U) but when I start it Professor Oak pops out a Seadra. I don't think this is normal and indicative that I am working with a previously patched rom. Thanks in advance for the help.

Like crunch said, it shouldn't be a problem, however all you need to do is set it to 128k. As for Seadra, your pokedex order must be mixed up. The game throws out a pokemon based on the pokedex number, not the pokemon itself, so you could simply use a sprite editor or something along those lines to check where seadra is located, then change it.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Does anybody happen to know where the byte that controlls what Overworld sprite is shown on the name rival screen? I dug through IDA and those routines, but I cant seem to find it. Found the one that controlls the player though.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    i've done this a lot before, basically by being on the green "10" it places your character above the tree
    one thing that i always do for this is simply put blue "0" tiles around it and then put the "C" or the "8" on the tiles i want to be under

I'll try this, sounds like a good work around.

Like crunch said, it shouldn't be a problem, however all you need to do is set it to 128k. As for Seadra, your pokedex order must be mixed up. The game throws out a pokemon based on the pokedex number, not the pokemon itself, so you could simply use a sprite editor or something along those lines to check where seadra is located, then change it.

I was only concerned that this may be cause for some issue down the line, and I did set it to 128k and never saw the message again.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Sorry to flood this thread with my day to days, but I ran into a bug.
    I was testing my hack and when I went into Viridian Forest, after the second battle I had my PC would be paralyzed and moving up and down only made the camera move one tile down and then up; however, random battles still occurred. I started with a new character and didn't run into this bug at all.
    It only happened in one spot in VF (sorry, didn't screen as I was rushing through trying to furiously solve the issue.)
    I checked the movement permissions and everything was in order there, scripts apparently working fine according to A-Map. I'm thinking this was caused by using an older save when I needed a clean one?
    I saw this problem posted on the reddit hacking sub a long time ago, so I know it's happened before to others.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Sorry to flood this thread with my day to days, but I ran into a bug.
    I was testing my hack and when I went into Viridian Forest, after the second battle I had my PC would be paralyzed and moving up and down only made the camera move one tile down and then up; however, random battles still occurred. I started with a new character and didn't run into this bug at all.
    It only happened in one spot in VF (sorry, didn't screen as I was rushing through trying to furiously solve the issue.)
    I checked the movement permissions and everything was in order there, scripts apparently working fine according to A-Map. I'm thinking this was caused by using an older save when I needed a clean one?
    I saw this problem posted on the reddit hacking sub a long time ago, so I know it's happened before to others.

For people who need to look down, give them the "no movement" option rather than "look down".

Years
  • back with another problem. im trying to use the Warp script, but everytime i get warped it takes me into a black space.

I noticed that the warp script changed to warpteleport2:

Spoiler:

Original Script:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    How can I go about editing the stats/evolution levels of Pokemon in hacks? Specifically Blaze Black 2. I just want to change a few things if that's possible

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    back with another problem. im trying to use the Warp script, but everytime i get warped it takes me into a black space.

I noticed that the warp script changed to warpteleport2:

Spoiler:

Original Script:
    Spoiler:

Add the "waitstate" command after the warp command.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Hi, I have a sprite-related question. Or rather two similar ones.

The first one is, I want to edit the protagonist sprites in Platinum. Preferably, all of them - overworld, back, front, mugshot, intro gender choice (although due to the nature of the project, front sprite and the running sprite from choosing the gender are lower priority). What would the best method to do that be, and which .narc files have the sprites in question? I used Overworld Editor DS from HackRomTools for HeartGold once, but now I realized I don't know the correct .narc. I tried using PokeTEX, but the version I found has a nasty tendency to crash almost immediately.

The second one is of similar nature, but for FireRed. I needed to replace all alt forms of all Pokémon that have them with something, but I was getting one of the two results - either replacing the alt form reverted the sprite of the regular form, although with the new palette, or it outright failed. The thing is, I took a break from that project a month ago out of necessity and I don't remember what I exactly did, I only know I used both G3HS and Advanced Sprite, one after seeing the other didn't work. Another thing for FireRed, what are the offsets for the credits sprites of the starters and Pikachu? Those too I want to edit, as their replacements have different colour palettes aaaaaaand I think you can guess how awful it looks right now.

Max Elixir

PP Max
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How would one go about altering the species of the Red Gyarados at Lake of Rage in Pokemon Crystal? Is there an easy way? Because this isn't for a super serious project.

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Is there a complete list of all the narc files and their functions in black and white?

Also I am trying to find the script for the Foongus on Route 6 (so I can change them into Voltorb), however according to luascript Route 6 uses script file number 662, and the only script narcs I know (0/0/2 and 0/0/3) don't even have a file 662. Are there any other narc files containing scripts?

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    First of all I want to thank everyone here for helping me with my problems so far.
    First, I've encountered some bugs in my latest test:
    r0MUg1D.png

The problem pictured is a red clone. It should be one of two 'cut' trees in Cerulean; the other appears as normal, but this one appears as a Red clone. I found a temporary solution by doing this:
    w8wQ3il.png

That is, making both obstacles inaccessible.
    The obvious border tile issues are something I'm solving myself.
    The other problem is this:
    cF9tRVI.png

This person and her Slowpoke are placed on the other side of the map when uploaded in A-Map but instead show up here, embedded in the house.
    iVXJMZO.png

And last but not least, the cop is not in front of the door, not next to it, but here in the middle of the water like Officer Christ.
    I'm providing a link to download both an IPS of the current build of my hack with two saves and the relevant screens in case anyone interested in helping me solve them needs a deeper look. Note that the current build is in an unfinished testing stage and as such there are likely to be rampant cosmetic discrepancies and level 100 Mewtwos on route 4.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/uhoczuk7my2azmp/Kanto_Roads_Cerulean_Bugtesting_(1).rar

King Arrow Siham

Absolute Disaster
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2017

Are you using Advance Map for this? Go to edit blocks and click on the tile that you are having problem with (the tip of the tree).

On the right hand side there are the tilesets and there are two 16x16 box near (up-right) it. Those are what used to make a tile (16x16). The tiles are two layer tiles and the right hand side box is the upper layer. So, draw the tip of the tree on the upper layer and on the left box (lower layer) draw the green ground. Drawing tiles are simple. Just select the correct pallet and take the 8x8 tiles from the tilesets and draw! :-)

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    I can't seem to find why the tree one is occuring, but the second one is simple:
    The girl, her Slowbro and the Cop are all moved by the Header script upon entering the map unless if a certain flag is set. The solution? Open up the header script (or just decompile location 0x08166477 (or just 166477 to most script editors, including XSE) in whatever script editor)
    I've only been looking around Cerulean for 5ish minutes, I might go further into the tree thing...
    EDIT:
    Spoiler:

The settings shown work~
    You also might want to assign a different "Person ID." "00FF" was just used as a "filler" of sorts, haha; I don't think that "0000" works.

Spoiler:
    Thanks much!, but I was answering a question in which the solution was able to be achieved via editing movement permissions. I don't know from where you got that I needed help with making new 16x16 blocks given the 8x8 default tiles, but thanks anyways!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back