• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Super quick question, anyone know the unlz picture number for the team rocket logo and RAW that appears before you fight TR in FRLG? I've found the Magma and Aqua ones in emerald, but not the rocket one.

I want to replace the TM/TA logos with the rocket one :)

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I have no idea what happened. I put a trainer into the Pokemon Tower with the Advance Map and Advance Trainer. I go to Lavender town on the Emulator, the Pokemon Tower is literally empty. I can't go up the stairs, nor can I exit the Tower. I saved before I entered. On the advance map the npcs are there but I can't actually see them.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I have no idea what happened. I put a trainer into the Pokemon Tower with the Advance Map and Advance Trainer. I go to Lavender town on the Emulator, the Pokemon Tower is literally empty. I can't go up the stairs, nor can I exit the Tower. I saved before I entered. On the advance map the npcs are there but I can't actually see them.
    like 0 npcs throughout the whole tower or where did you add the npc

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • i don't know about the rest of tower, i can't get up the stairs. the trainer was added when you walk in. i might have to just restart, annoyingly.
    if you delete the addded npc, what happens? everything return to normal?
    and btw amap 1.92 or 1.95?
    it might be something to do with the tower itself, or if you're using 1.95 then it's probably just caused by 1.95 being buggy

EDIT: a question of my own:
    Where exactly is Jambo51's setword Battle Script command? His post in the Quick R&D thread that is referenced so often as containing it, well, doesn't. Or is it just compiled as four storebytes by BSP...?

EDIT2: nevermind, i can just find it in the decap and attack rombase ahaha

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hello and good day. I have a question related to level scripts.

Can one map have two [Script Type 2] level scripts? Both will check different variables, of course.

Thanks~

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Hello and good day. I have a question related to level scripts.

Can one map have two [Script Type 2] level scripts? Both will check different variables, of course.

Thanks~

No maps are allowed duplicate types.
    The way to go around it is edit the script in XSE's header editor:
    Usually you'd see this:
    Code:
    #org 0xwhateveroffsetthiscamefrom
    #raw 2
    #raw pointer @scriptstuff
    #raw 0

#org @scriptstuff
    #raw word 0x4000
    #raw word 1
    #raw pointer @main
    #raw word 0
    To add a second one, do this:
    Code:
    #org 0xwhateveroffsetthiscamefrom
    #raw 2
    #raw pointer @scriptstuff
    #raw 0

#org @scriptstuff
    #raw word 0x4000
    #raw word 1
    #raw pointer @main
    #raw word 0x4000
    #raw word 2
    #raw pointer @main2
    #raw word 0

The second set is still a part of the 0x2 script, but amap wasn't smart enough to catch these. This is why level scripts in the littleroot houses are cut off in amap, there are more put together this way.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The second set is still a part of the 0x2 script, but amap wasn't smart enough to catch these. This is why level scripts in the littleroot houses are cut off in amap, there are more put together this way.

Those in red, I believe you meant XSE instead of A-Map?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Those in red, I believe you meant XSE instead of A-Map?

Well amap will only list the first event of the type. It won't list the others.
    Say I have 18 02 scripts. Amap will only show the first one and pretend like the others don't exist, and when you save the map scripts in amap itself, it'll delete the other 17.

Years
  • Hi guys. I have a bit of a problem that I'm trying to fix. In my pokemon emerald hack, my script for entering a pokemon contest, the receptionist you speak to goes into a later part of her script.
    she states 'congratulations for winning the contest, here's your prize.' the script then veers off.

My suspicion is that i replaced her flag with something else. Any suggestions.

Also if anyone else has a list of all the special scripts. It would be much appreciated.

I'm also looking for special scripts not listed, such as the one for when you're in the battle pike and one of the trainer inflicts you with a status condition such as freeze, burn, paralysis, or poison.

That's only one example.

If anyone could assist me it would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    Heysers guys~
    Just a simple question for you all today...

is it possible to have more choices to pop up after you pick your sex? Like choosing a sprite? Because I wanna employ that in my roms where you have a choice of looks since you can't really customize characters.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    anyone know exactly how to change the critical hit mechanics in gen 4 (specifically HGSS) to that of gen 6's?

sorry thanks

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    2 questions about Emerald:

*Is it possible to force the SET battle style?
    *Is it possible to have nicknames for trainer/ leader pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I don't think this warrants a thread, since I'm sure it's been done before, and I'm just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

How would I set/change a Pokémon's IV's/Nature/Moves? For instance, if I wanted to give the player a perfect IV starter with a particular nature, how would I do that within an XSE script? I'm already familiar with how to give a Pokémon, I just want to know how to edit an existing one, or influence its generation.

EDIT: Gen III, Fire Red specifically! Sorry

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I am in the process of remapping FireRed entirely, I just finished remapping Viridian Forest and i was walking around to see if i missed a tile but it seems whenever i walk across a certain point the game freezes. Here is a screenshot of the map if it can help you guys. https://imgur.com/a/qPUGF
    How should i proceed to understand what is causing this issue?

EDIT: I am using Advance map 1.92 and FireRed version 1.1

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hi, I have two problems that I need help on.

1) Palette
    Quick Questions & Answers

I'm having some palette problems (I'm using Jpan's palette expansion and the Dynamic Palette patch). As you can see in the first picture, the playable character is in the correct palette. However, in the next 3 screenshots, its palette begins to change each time a new sprites appear (Tauros and Ditto). (Ditto and Tauros are using expanded palette)

2) Naming a second rival
    So in my hack, there's 2 rivals. Is there a way where I could name the second rival? Like maybe renaming v\h07, v\h08 or v\h09?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, please help me. I want to make a rom hack but I'm not getting the necessary softwares. So I thought you guys will help me out with it. Please tell me what I'll need for rom hacking. I would like to tell you that I already have advance map and XSE. So I need others . Please help me out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back