• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I would like water, please. I dunno which version I'll use yet.
    No problem! Have fuuunnnn!

I'll do this.

It's sorta different to the other challenge I'm doing, so I'll run them paralell and see how well I get on.

I think I'd have to go Dark again, due to not being able to get through a game without my beloved Absol.
    XD
    I can live without Absol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    No one can live without Absol! Anyone who says otherwise is in denial *shifty eyes*

I'll start tonight. My first detailed post shall be tomorrow at some point :)
    The only thing I LIKE about it is it's ability to learn Razor Wind.

And have fun!

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Start time: 9:58
    Entered Mauville, got rock smash, and got a mach bike. Trained on the trainers on the routes of each side of Mauville before going down Cycling Road. Picked up a harbor mail in slateport before biking back up Cycling Road. Traded the harbor mail for the girl's coincase. Bought 1000 coins before leaving. (I have no money now ^^; ). I beat Wally easily, and his uncle and Scott talked to me.

Update:
    Kokodora-Aron-level 30
    Mizugorou-Marshtomp-level 26

Pokedex:
    Seen 49
    Own 5
    XD I'm really bad about this. I usually just go through catching what I want, then I go back and catch all the other pokemon (after the elite four).
    Play Time for today: 38 minutes

I entered the Mauville gym and beat all the trainers easily with mizugorou. (Mudshot for the win, though, I ended up using watergun on the Illumise and Volbeat. Annoying little things.). Healed up before taking on Wattson. It wasn't a hard battle, my attacks just missed a couple of times. Leaving the gym, I went to train up Mizugorou to 30.

---Break----

Start time: 11:56
    Got to Verdanturf and cleared up Rusturf Tunnel. Afterwards, I went back and did the second trick house challenge. Backtracked through Rusturf tunnel and got the ball from the Devon guy. Went back to mauville and bought 500 more coins before leaving to the north. Kokodora evolved into a Lairon. :) Right after that, I caught my third pokemon, Bakuuda the Numel. I went to go train him up a bit before continuing.

Time: 53 minutes playing
    Still training Bakuuda. When he reached level 20, I decided it was time to move on.
    Team:
    Bakuuda-Numel-Brave-Level 20
    Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-Level 32
    Mizugorou-Marshtomp-Adamant-Level 30
    (HM slaves aren't important enough to get a mention)

Worked my way to the creepy old lady's rest house. Bakuuda had grown to level 23 from fighting trainers, but a wailmer killed him. Beat the next cool trainer and rested in the weird lady's house again. Saved on the ashy route.

Bakuuda-Numel-24
    Kokodora-Lairon-32
    Mizugorou-Marshtomp-30

Pokemon Seen: 57
    Pokemon Caught: 7

Time: 1 hour, 14 minutes.

Years
    start time 11:00am
    I didn't grind, I just fought him again, stubbonly refusing to admit defeat. this time I got lucky and nailed a critical hit when i used double kick on Milotic, which knocked him out. I rock.

So I'm finnaly at the E4... I have a feeling I'm going to get my ass kicked three times sideways. but oh well. it's not like I can quit now. I trained inside the Victory Road, but my Vulpix kept dying, so I decided to go and do as many side quests as possible. I did as much as the trick house as I could. only the level that becomes available after beating the elite four remains, and that's done. I climbed to the top of Mt. Pyre, inside and out. and I evolved my Vulpix and taught it fire blast. then I went back to training. I think I'll be doing a lot of this for the next few hours... I ventured down to pacifidlog town, and ventured west some more, knocking out all the trainers I came by. the only pokemon I had troubles with were Azumarill and Peliper. once all my pokemon were level 50 or higher, I decided to try and make it though VR. I made it up the waterfall, and then Cooltrainter Vito Ko'ed me. I made it to the end after healing and giving it another go. I made it to wally, and my Camerupt KO'ed his whole team all the way up to Gravedior. usually his last pokemon. It Ko'ed my Camerupe and BlazeKin in one hit each. so I sent out Ninetails. it was a good fight, and I got lucky. I kept it confused and it kept hitting me. Ninetails had 29 ho left, 0 PP on both Flamethrower and Fire Blast so all it have left was quick attack. but I won. I could taste victory. then suddenly out comes roselia. I had compleatly forgotten about it. so I revived my camerupt as it KO'ed my Ninetails, but then Camerupts eruption destroyed it. I had made it through. I figured that since I was already there, I might as well take on the Pkmn league, so I put Blaze in first, took his Macho Brace off, and went for it! I was KO'ed on the first try. I beat his first 4, and then Sharpedo used surf on me. TT_TT So then I decided to go into VR and just grind. I put the macho Brace back on Blaze, and went at it. If it wasn't for the stupid Macho Brace, Blaze would have PWNED everyone, but because of the macho brace, Golbat was faster than him, and after four or five wingattacks, Blaze would faint. Ninetails was speedy, he didn't have that problem, he pwned everyone in the cave. Camerupt is slow anyways, so he dies sometimes. I decided to get my team to level 60 before trying again.
    OKay, before I go into the E4, I'll post everything about my pokemon.

Blaze/Blazekin lv. 61
    Careful Nature
    Hp 187
    AtK 167
    DEF 114
    SP.ATK 154
    SP.DEF 106
    SPD 134
    Attacks: Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Double Kick, Slash
    Ninetails Lv. 60
    Hasty Nature
    Hp 168
    AtK 110
    DEF 108
    SP.ATK 125
    SP.DEF 137
    SPD 182
    Attacks: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack

Camerupt lv. 60
    Gentle Nature
    Hp 176
    AtK 135
    DEF 104
    SP.ATK 155
    SP.DEF 111
    SPD 81
    attacks: Ember, Rock Slide, Eruption, Earthquake.
    If anyone has any tips for me before I attack the E4, please, tell me. I have a feeling I'm gonna get pwned. If only I had my lv. 100 Blaze with me... I can beat the entire Elite Four with just him.

End Time 1:13 pm
    Pokedex: 14
    Playtime 32:30 in reality... about 6 hours.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    You haven't taken the time to get a Torkoal or anything? I know there are more fire types than that... and you'll need more POKeMON for the elite four. O.o

Years
    You haven't taken the time to get a Torkoal or anything? I know there are more fire types than that... and you'll need more POKeMON for the elite four. O.o

there are 5 pokemon.

Torchic, Slugma, Numel, Vulpix, and Tokoal.

I chose Torchic, Numel, and Vulpix. and I'm doing not bad.

3:15pm

I started with Camerupt, because I know Mightyina would cut my attack, so I used eruption and Ko'ed him in one go. I then switched into Blaze, and Ko'ed everyone else using double kick or blaze kick. easy battle. Then I fought Phebe, My Camerupt used eruption again, and ko'ed Dusklops. I switched into Ninetails for the second one. we confused eachother, but I kept hitting myself and dusklops used earthquake until I fainted. damn him. Blaze came out, and blazekicked him twice. she healed him, then I got a crit blaze kick for the KO. Sableye came out next. it survived the blaze kick, but only barely. with a burn as well. it attracted me, then died because of the burn. Banette died easily. I missed the second one, and it used that stupid attack Spite, and it Desroyed my PP... so I used an ether on blaze kick, and finished the battle. The next battle, I used Blaze first. against Galie. Sky Uppercut mised twice, allowing Hail to be used, but Galie fainted once it finnaly hit. Sealeo died one hit against Sky Uppercut as well. both of them did. (I've used Blaze in a lot of E4 battles in the past ^_^) it almost KO'ed Walrein in one hit, allowing it to use surf, and take me down to 6 hp. she healed, and sky uppercut finished both her remaining pokemon off. The fight with Drake is nothing Special. I used Slash to fell Shelgon, then switched into Camerupt to fight Flygon. Flygon used dig twice to fell my Camerupt. Blaze came back and killed it with a slash. when salamance hit the field, I switched with ninetails because I knew that he had intimidate. I confused him, and then fire blast. he then tried to use flamethrower, which only made my fire power rise. Flamethrower then finished off Salamance. a second Flygon came out, and a mere fire blast KO'ed him. then Altara came out. I used fire blast twice, but he was still alive with a sliver of health. he healed and KO'ed Ninetails with a take down, damaging himself to about 3/4 health remaining. out came Blazekin, and I immeadtly revived Ninetails. Altara used take down again, which took out 91 points of damage. he did it again, bringing me down to 8 points of health. I used slash, and Altara fell. Drake was defeated.

okay, the champion. first, Skomary, my first blaze kick missed, which allowed it to hit me with areal ace, but I KO'ed it with a second kick. Arrgon came out, but is KO'ed by a single double kick. I knew Metagorss would kill Blaze in one shot, so I decided to try Ninetails. first I confused it, then hit it with a fire blast after it hit itself. 1 hit KO!! then Claydol came out. I used a confuse ray, then a fire blast. it took almost half it's HP, then I used it again, bringing it into the red. unluckily, Claydol snapped out of confusion, and hit me with an earthquake. I knew Steven would use a full restore, so I used Confuse Ray. he healed, then was confused. I healed myself, and kept on using flamethrower, as he kept on hitting himself. SO LUCKY!!! (it occurs to me only now that I'm at least 5 levels ahead of everyone in the E4... awesome) Next Craddily came out, who trounced me. confuse ray and ancient power... pwned. I sent out Camerupt, and used Earthquake. half damage, then I became confused... luck would decided who lived and who died in the next round... and I failed... I hit myself. I was hit with giga drain, which healed Craddily enough to survive my next earthquake. he healed, I used earthquake, then he used ancient power next round and finished me off. only Blaze left... I opened up with a blaze kick, and it almost beat him... he sludge bombed me, brought me into the yellow, and I finished him off with a slash. now... it was final pokemon against final pokemon... I saved my game ^_^. Level 56 Armaldo came out... I healed myself, and he used ancient power to bring me down to where I was before I healed. but it was a crit hit, so I healed again, knowing that it wouldn't do as much damage if he used it again. he used areial ace, and dropped me a good 80 hp I used slash, he used arieal ace, I used double kick, he used ancient power... (see pic 9) then a final double kick finished him off!! VICTORY IS MINE. I have finished the Pokemon Mono-Challenge!!

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

end time
    4:34
    Pokemon:
    Blaze LV. 64
    Camerupt LV. 60
    Ninetails Lv. 61

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    (I found my Emerald version! This is very short since I only played for twenty minutes

Day One: Start time- 4:02
    I really didn't do that much except the beginning of the game. I named myself Brett (I'm the boy) and after saving the professor, I received Mudkip as my starter, nicknaming him Mudd. I slaughtered my rival who I was supposed to battle and then started my adventure after I received my pokedex and the running shoes from my mother.

I went to Oldale City where I healed Mudd before heading out to Route 102. After walking around in the grass, I found a wild level three female lotad. I lowered her hp using some tackle attacks and then pokeball at it, succesfully capturing it. I nicknamed my new pokemon Green. This is where I ended my game for the meantime.

End Time: 4:36

Pokemon:
    Mudkip/Mudd
    Level- 6
    Gender-Male
    Attacks- Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap

Lotad/Green
    Level-3
    Gender-Female

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    there are 5 pokemon.

Torchic, Slugma, Numel, Vulpix, and Tokoal.

I chose Torchic, Numel, and Vulpix. and I'm doing not bad.

3:15pm

I started with Camerupt, because I know Mightyina would cut my attack, so I used eruption and Ko'ed him in one go. I then switched into Blaze, and Ko'ed everyone else using double kick or blaze kick. easy battle. Then I fought Phebe, My Camerupt used eruption again, and ko'ed Dusklops. I switched into Ninetails for the second one. we confused eachother, but I kept hitting myself and dusklops used earthquake until I fainted. damn him. Blaze came out, and blazekicked him twice. she healed him, then I got a crit blaze kick for the KO. Sableye came out next. it survived the blaze kick, but only barely. with a burn as well. it attracted me, then died because of the burn. Banette died easily. I missed the second one, and it used that stupid attack Spite, and it Desroyed my PP... so I used an ether on blaze kick, and finished the battle. The next battle, I used Blaze first. against Galie. Sky Uppercut mised twice, allowing Hail to be used, but Galie fainted once it finnaly hit. Sealeo died one hit against Sky Uppercut as well. both of them did. (I've used Blaze in a lot of E4 battles in the past ^_^) it almost KO'ed Walrein in one hit, allowing it to use surf, and take me down to 6 hp. she healed, and sky uppercut finished both her remaining pokemon off. The fight with Drake is nothing Special. I used Slash to fell Shelgon, then switched into Camerupt to fight Flygon. Flygon used dig twice to fell my Camerupt. Blaze came back and killed it with a slash. when salamance hit the field, I switched with ninetails because I knew that he had intimidate. I confused him, and then fire blast. he then tried to use flamethrower, which only made my fire power rise. Flamethrower then finished off Salamance. a second Flygon came out, and a mere fire blast KO'ed him. then Altara came out. I used fire blast twice, but he was still alive with a sliver of health. he healed and KO'ed Ninetails with a take down, damaging himself to about 3/4 health remaining. out came Blazekin, and I immeadtly revived Ninetails. Altara used take down again, which took out 91 points of damage. he did it again, bringing me down to 8 points of health. I used slash, and Altara fell. Drake was defeated.

okay, the champion. first, Skomary, my first blaze kick missed, which allowed it to hit me with areal ace, but I KO'ed it with a second kick. Arrgon came out, but is KO'ed by a single double kick. I knew Metagorss would kill Blaze in one shot, so I decided to try Ninetails. first I confused it, then hit it with a fire blast after it hit itself. 1 hit KO!! then Claydol came out. I used a confuse ray, then a fire blast. it took almost half it's HP, then I used it again, bringing it into the red. unluckily, Claydol snapped out of confusion, and hit me with an earthquake. I knew Steven would use a full restore, so I used Confuse Ray. he healed, then was confused. I healed myself, and kept on using flamethrower, as he kept on hitting himself. SO LUCKY!!! (it occurs to me only now that I'm at least 5 levels ahead of everyone in the E4... awesome) Next Craddily came out, who trounced me. confuse ray and ancient power... pwned. I sent out Camerupt, and used Earthquake. half damage, then I became confused... luck would decided who lived and who died in the next round... and I failed... I hit myself. I was hit with giga drain, which healed Craddily enough to survive my next earthquake. he healed, I used earthquake, then he used ancient power next round and finished me off. only Blaze left... I opened up with a blaze kick, and it almost beat him... he sludge bombed me, brought me into the yellow, and I finished him off with a slash. now... it was final pokemon against final pokemon... I saved my game ^_^. Level 56 Armaldo came out... I healed myself, and he used ancient power to bring me down to where I was before I healed. but it was a crit hit, so I healed again, knowing that it wouldn't do as much damage if he used it again. he used areial ace, and dropped me a good 80 hp I used slash, he used arieal ace, I used double kick, he used ancient power... (see pic 9) then a final double kick finished him off!! VICTORY IS MINE. I have finished the Pokemon Mono-Challenge!!

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.
    R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

end time
    4:34
    Pokemon:
    Blaze LV. 64
    Camerupt LV. 60
    Ninetails Lv. 61
    AWESOME! I JUST caught a zigzagoon! XD

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Coolio. Grats on the finish. :)

My report...

Went through the events up to Dewford, and Ralts hit 18 after beating May. I entered the cave for some training to 19 where I then went to the gym and trained on the trainers to get Ralts to evolve. After a quick rest at a PC, I went back and completely stomped all over Brawly.

POKeMON:
    Kirlia lvl 20

Badges:
    Stone Badge
    Knuckle Badge

Question! Who thinks I should try for an Abra? I know I would need to get a POKeMON with hypnosis or something, but the more POKeMON on my team, the better chances I have to making it through. Especially since I'm planning on doing the frontier.

Last edited:
    Years
    you don't NEED hypnosis. try to get like... mean look if possible, or try using a fast ball or an ultra ball. a great ball usually catches one for me when I try inside the cave where you find aron.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Coolio. Grats on the finish. :)

My report...

Went through the events up to Dewford, and Ralts hit 18 after beating May. I entered the cave for some training to 19 where I then went to the gym and trained on the trainers to get Ralts to evolve. After a quick rest at a PC, I went back and completely stomped all over Brawly.

POKeMON:
    Kirlia lvl 20

Badges:
    Stone Badge
    Knuckle Badge

Question! Who thinks I should try for an Abra? I know I would need to get a POKeMON with hypnosis or something, but the more POKeMON on my team, the better chances I have to making it through. Especially since I'm planning on doing the frontier.

Honestly? With Abra, I usually toss a ball and hope for the best. This helps if you're playing a rom and you savestate before tossing the ball :) Hypnosis is too unreliable IMO.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    Eh... I'm playing the real game. Mean Look might help, but I don't remember if it works for Teleport. Just anything to keep it from being able to teleport, really. Ah well. I'll try something.

Dammit... I just realized that Sidney is gonna SUCK for me once I get to the Elite Four, but challenges are what this is about. I'll try to get some good TMs that aren't Psychic moves. XD

Last edited:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Start time: 8:45
    Beat some trainers and made my way to the glass blowing house. Walked through the grass until I had enough soot for a blue flute, a yellow flute, and a red flute (During this time, I also talked to Lanette, and continued to train numel.. Fact: I hate Spinda. I got distracted a lot in this time. Running through ash isn't very fun. Bakuuda evolved to Camerupt while I was collecting ash XD
    Collected Dig, Roar, and continued on down towards Meteor Falls. I picked up the Lotad Doll from Lanette. I caught a solrock....Who doesn't get a nickname. He's the odd one out of my party. I then leveled him up before continuing on.
    Ooops....Didn't copy down my end time, but I didn't play long. My entire party is now at level 33.

Years
    Eh... I'm playing the real game. Mean Look might help, but I don't remember if it works for Teleport. Just anything to keep it from being able to teleport, really. Ah well. I'll try something.

Dammit... I just realized that Sidney is gonna SUCK for me once I get to the Elite Four, but challenges are what this is about. I'll try to get some good TMs that aren't Psychic moves. XD

I was lucky for Sidney... I had double kick with Blazekin. here's a tip, be at least level 60 before taking the E4 challenge.

If you use Solrock, just make sure it has flamethrower and earthquake or rock slide, he should be able to KO Sidney's entire party that way.

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I guessed as much. I completely forgot about Solrock at the time of the post. XD

Anyway... report.

Traded a friend for a meditite to help with the Aqua encounter at Slateport. It was lvl 29 so I am kinda keeping away from it until I beat Flanery. Kirlia evolved and I wiped the floor with Wattson. I went up to Mt. Chimney and grabbed a Solrock and I have been spending a while training it. I'm about ready to go and confront Magma, but decided to take a break for a while.

POKeMON:
    Gardevoir lvl 33
    Meditite lvl 31
    Solrock lvl 29
    Zigzagoon lvl 10 [HM Slave 1]
    Machop lvl 15 [HM Slave 2 (Strength)]

Badges:
    Stone Badge
    Knuckle Badge
    Dynamo Badge

Last edited:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Start time: 2:18

I went back to Meteor Falls and watched the little cut scene. Went down to route 115 and battled the trainers there. Nothing special. Went to go to Mt. Chimney afterwards. There's not much else to do at the moment. Why is Tabitha a boy? You'd think Tabitha would be like a girl grunt, but no, Tabitha is a guy.

Anyway, beat Maxie up easily before going down jagged path. Picked up the free egg since I had an open slot and contiuned back down to return the meteorite. Mizugorou evolved after killing a slugma on my way there. At least he's not quite as ugly now. Got return for returning the meteorite and left to go back to lavaridge.

Super-Speed hatched the egg. A female wynaut hatched from it. (Mach bike+speed button = madness)

Gym time:
    Kokodora-Lairon-Careful-34
    Solrock-Solrock-Hasty-33
    Bakuuda-Camerupt-Brave-33
    Mizugorou-Swampert-Adamant-36

I made it easily past the trainers (They didn't put up much of a fight. Except that kecleon. My attacks kept missing him). The battle with Flannery was just sad. Her numel used overheat once before it got knocked out, her slugma didn't get to do anything, and her camerupt attempted to tackle Kokodora to death. XD And I managed to get lucky and flinch her torkoal every time. A good battle for Kokodora :) May stopped me on my way out and gave me the go go goggles.

Went hunting for my next party member. Did you know that Vibrava has a lower base attack than Trapinch? And that Trapinch and Flygon have the same base attack? Eventually, I caught one and named it Nuckrar. I began to train it outside of the sand storm. But for now, I'll take a break.
    End time: 3:24

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I don't mean to be a let-down, but do rock types count in a ground type challenge? Both Lairon and Solrock aren't ground types... they are a mix of rock and another type. If it counts then I'm sorry for nagging, but I just find it slightly unfair. It's like me grabbing a Shuppet or something and using it because it's close to a psychic type.

Oh yeah! Report...

Stuff... I don't quite remember much since I played until I felt tired enough to sleep. I did the Mt. Chimney stuff, went through the fourth gym, and I am currently training my new party POKeMON.

POKeMON:
    Gardevoir lvl 38
    Medicham lvl 37
    Solrock lvl 37
    Grumpig lvl 32
    Baltoy lvl 19
    Zigzagoon lvl 10 [HM Slave]

Badges:
    Stone Badge
    Knuckle Badge
    Dynamo Badge
    Heat Badge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I don't mean to be a let-down, but do rock types count in a ground type challenge? Both Lairon and Solrock aren't ground types... they are a mix of rock and another type. If it counts then I'm sorry for nagging, but I just find it slightly unfair. It's like me grabbing a Shuppet or something and using it because it's close to a psychic type.
    Just as long as she doesnt over do it.
    As long as each of her pokemon have at least one ground move that she will use in a battle, it's fine. It's one of the slightest exceptions I have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back