• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Yeah... I wish I was playing emerald. It's Ruby. Anyways, beat up Brawly, did the whole Slateport-Magma thing and I just beat my Rival. Just Double Team twice and Wing attack.

Team: Swellow, level 25
Zubat: level 15.

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
Years
ok starter thing blah blah switched starter with Duskull at Petalburg got a Ralts trained it with Duskull and met Wally rock gym beat its ass with Duskull team time
Current Team:
Ralts lvl 12
Duskull lvl 20
Edit: planned team is
Gardevoir
Bannete
Dusclops
Wobbuffet ( evil I know)
Weezing
Stableye

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2010
ok starter thing blah blah switched starter with Duskull at Petalburg got a Ralts trained it with Duskull and met Wally rock gym beat its ass with Duskull team time
Current Team:
Ralts lvl 12
Duskull lvl 20
Edit: planned team is
Gardevoir
Bannete
Dusclops
Wobbuffet ( evil I know)
Weezing
Stableye
You signed up for ghost:
Wobb and Weez are not allowed.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
Start time: 6:25
Went through all the beginning stuff. Not that hard. Picked up a Treecko and helped out Birch. Trained, fought rival, etc. (Nicknamed Treecko Jukain).... Wrote over state 1 by accident...No big loss I guess. (State 1 = Ground team). Got the running shoes and headed off to go watch Wally catch a pokemon. Time to hunt for a shroomish. Note, just after I typed this, I ran into one. I nicknamed her Kinococo and began to train her. :) Huh, what are the odds. Both Kinococo and Jukain are Bashful. Encountered a wild slakoth. Caught it to be a cut/strength/rock smash hm slave. Got to Rustboro and picked up Cut and the quick claw. I gave the quick claw to Kinococo and I taught cut to slakoth. Jukain evolved into a Grovyle. I beat all the trainers in Roxanne's gym easily before taking her on.
I beat Roxanne fairly easily. The only pokemon to put up a fight was Nosepass. A couple of megadrains and absorbed defeated him though. (Roxanne healed it twice which prolonged the battle.) Fought the Aqua admin and gave Peeko back to its owner. Got the letter to deliver and time for another Rival battle. Man, Torchic is hard to take down with two pure grass types. Anyway, beat her after a few tries and went on my way back to petalburg.
I went to dewford and began training there. I caught an abra to be a flash slave. Only took one try :D Kinococo evolved into Breloom, so I trained Jukain up some. When I got him to 23, I decided to take on Brawly.
Kinococo took them out easily with Headbutt. I taught flash to abra and delivered the letter to steven. You may notice I'm using Kinococo a lot for gym leaders. The reason? She's a slow leveler and they give good exp XD
Break: 8:27
Start time: 9:22
Cleaned out the museum and delivered the package. Rival battle was much easier with Kinococo. Trained and 1 hit KO'd Wally's Ralts with pursuit. Got Jukain up to 29 and realized there are no roselia in emerald.....Need time to think up a new member.
End time: 10:07

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Watched Wally catch a Ralts… he really didn't need me there at all ¬¬

Fought a trainer on the beach, he had a Lv8 Taillow – it nearly beat me! So I trained both Pokemon up to Lv10 (Merlin evolved to Dustox!) before continuing into the forest. When I got to Rustboro, I beat the two Gym trainers' Geodude extravaganza, just kept using Bubble so it wasn't hard. Then I took on Roxanne. Geodude survived one Bubble, and then killed LadyOfLake with a Rock Tomb attack! I had to send in Merlin and use Confusion, but it did hardly any damage. And I got owned by Rock Tomb again. Looks like I need to do some more training before I can win.

It turned out that I couldn't beat her until LadyOfLake was Lv15 and Merlin was Lv14. It was still a tough match though; I was lucky that Merlin's poison sting poisoned Nosepass. But I won my badge nevertheless!

Party:
Merlin (Dustox) – Lv14 – Tackle, Poison Sting, Confusion, Gust
LadyOfLake (Surskit) – Lv15 – Bubble, Quick Attack, Sweet Scent

Other Pokemon: Torchic, Silcoon, Silcoon, Lotad

Total Play Time: 2:54 (Yeah it is going slow – but the bugs I have right now aren't exactly fast at sweeping)

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Hmm, how did you get a Surskit this early? Anywho, Training some more, and more, and more. Wattson is going to be a pain.I know I can't take him on before level 30, likely level 35, but then I'll breeze through the rest to Fortree for sure. I just hope I make up my time.

Team: level 28 Golbat
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
Bite
Leach Life

Level 27 Swellow
Double Team
Wing Attack
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Anyone have any strategies for Wattson? I can't spam Double Team, as his Magenton will take me out with shock wave anyways. Also, should I get Endeavor, and if so, what should I get rid of?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
Surskit is rare, on route 102 :)

Your Wattson situation seems pretty tough - I doubt you can win until about lvl 35 like you say. Confuse Ray is probably your best bet, with luck magneton should eventually kill itself.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
i havn't been able to play ruby much, as you know (stupid arm >_>). anyway, i managed to get to the first Gym using one hand. here is a quick summary.

Got torchic, beat every trainer i could on the way to the woods. Caught shroomish, used him to beat every other trainer on the way to the first Gym. Trained each of them to lvl 17.

Current poke's
Combusken lvl 17
Shroomish lvl 17

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Congratulations! I just got my Golbat to evolve at level 36. I also have a level 28 Swellow now. I can't wait until I get a Skarmory! What +/- should I look for?

Edit!!! I beat Wattson with quite a few Paralyze Heal and Super potions, but I did it! Wow.

Last edited:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
Start time: 2:17
Bleh....Decided to take ludicolo on as the last member. Remind me that I hate myself for this later. At least it makes flannery easier to take on. Luckily, my first encounter back at petalburg was a lotad. I savestated and nicknamed it Hasubrero (sounds a lot better than Runpappa). I checked its ability and it has Rain Dish. Exactly what I was looking for o_O Seeing as I am lucky right now, I trained it. I managed to get it to level 13 before leaving the route before petalburg. And I just realized it won't make the Flannery battle any easier. He doesn't learn hydro pump until 49. Yay. Hasubrero evolved into Lombre just outside of slateport where I continued my training. it's not easy only having bullet seed, nature power, absorb and astonish. Lalala....Got Hasubrero up to 21. Still 9 levels behind the other two. On a random unimportant note, I beat the guirtarist on the beach near mauville with nature power. It turned into earthquake :D
Ran out of trainers (including gym trainers) so I went back to training in the grass. Got both Jukain and Hasubrero to 30 and went to take on wattson. I 1 hit ko'd both his voltorb and his electrike, but his magneton paralyzed Kokodora and healed with a super potion. I defeated Manetric with three mach punches. Ack, loaded state and now I have to refight him @_@ Cleaned out Rusturf tunnel. Left for Fallabor, leaving the winstrates for either cradily or cacnea. I hate the ashy route. Is it just me or does it seem like the encounter rate is really high there? I eventually got the three flutes and continued on. (My pokemon are all level 36 because of how much time I had to spend there.) (Oh, and incase that doesn't make the logical connection, Jukain has evolved into Sceptile.) And I think I'm done for the now.
Hasubrero-Lombre-Gentle-36
Kinococo-Breloom-Bashful-36
Jukain-Sceptile-Bashful-36
End time: 6:17

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
Congratulations! I just got my Golbat to evolve at level 36. I also have a level 28 Swellow now. I can't wait until I get a Skarmory! What +/- should I look for?

Edit!!! I beat Wattson with quite a few Paralyze Heal and Super potions, but I did it! Wow.

get a wingul/pelipper. it can use surf. that gives you an extra pokemon instead of an extra HM slave

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Thanks. I was originally getting a Pelipper, but I'm replacing it with an Altiria, and I'll just use Mudkip/HMSlave

I've done a lot since my last post. I found a Skarmory, decided to catch a Swablu instead of a Wingull. Gave Skarmory the Exp. share and owned Maxie at Mt. Chimney. Owned Flannery with a few of Swellow's Attacks. Got the Go-Goggles, and went to challenge Dad. He was pretty easy. I got Sludge Bomb and taught it to Crobat. Blah Blah, saved just after beating Wiona. Currently searching for a Tropius.

Kinda stinks that there aren't any good water TMs early on though. However, Fire attacks will only be 1x instead of 2x against Lombre at least. Good luck everyone.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
...... Anyways, Little update on my team, now that I have all 6 assembled.

Level 40 Crobat:
Sludge Bomb
Air cutter
Confuse Ray
Bite
Level 40 Swellow:
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Endeavor
Quick Attack
level 30 Skarmory:
Air Cutter
Sand Attack(Steel Wing in 2 levels)
Swift
Fury Attack
Level 25 Swablu:
Peck
Fly
Astonish
Sing
Level 25 Tropius:
Stomp
Sweet scent
Razor Leaf
Growth
Egg(Natu(It moves occasionally. It should Hatch soon.))
When Natu Hatches, I'll edit to fill it's moves in.

Chapati....... What is the significance of your post?

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
Start time: 4:12
Battled all the trainers and watched the little scene at meteor falls. Battled the trainers on the other end and walked back to fiery path. Went through there and up to fight the magma grunts....Man it's going to be tough fighting Flannery. Winona is going to be tough too. Defeated all the grunts and got the meteorite. Went to Lavaridge, trained, etc. Returned meteorite, trained. At level 40, I decided to try and take on Flannery. With Kinococo.
Sky uppercut handled Numel easily. Same with camerupt (got a critical hit that time). Headbutt handled Slugma. 1 sky uppercut took torkoal down to the yellow. Another ended a match. I guess it was a lot easier than I thought it would be :) Time to get two more party members. First, I picked up the root fossil, then I caught a cacnea and ran back to rustboro to restore my cradily. Oh, lileep. I always get those two mixed up. Trained both of them up. This took a long time compared to everything I had done earlier. (It's 7:03 now, they're both caught up. Took longer than it should have. o_O). After wasting over an hour on that, (or was it two hours? *can't remember*, I went on to go fight norman. (I had trained on his trainers too.).
Norman was really easy....Kinococo's sky uppercut made really quick work of him. I taught Hasubrero surf and went off to do surf related things. But for now, I think I'll stop.
Team:
Kinococo-Breloom-43-Bashful
Noctus-Cacturne-40-Quirky
Jukain-Sceptile-40-Bashful
Hasubrero-Lombre-40-Gentle
Yuradle-Cradily-43-Rash
End time: 8:16
(did some stuff inbetween playing though.)
Ooops, forgot to post it when I finished ^^;

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Sdfs, where do you get your nicknames from? They're very original, I like them! :)

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
Sdfs, where do you get your nicknames from? They're very original, I like them! :)
They're not really original ^^;; I look on bulbapedia for the japanese names. For example:
Cacturne = Noctus.
Nothing special, I just like how they sound :)

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Ooooh, haha, that's really cool. You're right, the japanese names sound MUCH cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back