• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Radio Gaga

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

• Lol, I love that song. XD

ANYWAYS Who here still listens to the radio? And I mean actual FM or AM radio. With the advent iTunes, Pandora, Youtube, and other programs and sites, people can easily listen to any music they want either for a price or for free. There is no need to wait for it on the radio, and you no longer need to record the song on a tape to listen to it repeatedly.

So, even with all the benefits of technology, who else still uses the radio? Do you only use it in the car, or do you use it elsewhere as well? Do you listen to local radio stations on a website, if available?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I listen to the Radio quite a bit, actually. Usually when I'm in the car or at School. Even when I'm getting ready for something I'll switch it on. I do use Websites to listen to Radio stations but mostly at School.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate the radio and want to punch it. I wish my iTrip would cover it up completely, but it still tries to cut in ocassionally and it pisses me off so much, lol. When my iPod dies, I'm stuck with the radio and I hate like...most of the stuff playing. It all sounds just...the same. And it bores me. My iPod has all I need. :<

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    OMG RADIO GAGA :D I love that song too <3 I like a few of Queen's songs, actually :P

Anyways, Radio? Almost everyday, on my way to school. Every time we use the car, the only thing we listen to is the radio. Sometimes though, on long trips we use the iPod.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • Depends. I usually listen to the Classic Rock stations, but most of this pop **** makes me want to never listen to the radio again. Even the Classic Rock stations have been playing advertisements for Lady Gaga concerts or albums, and I'm like "**** Lady Gaga, I want Zeppelin". I don't understand. And plus, I get less advertisements in general when using my iPod, so I win there.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I listen to the radio all the time - I can't be in my car without having the radio on because it just feels way too quiet. Also, I work in a store where we have to have the radio on all the time so whenever I'm filling the wine shelves I'm always going as slowly as I can just in the hope that a decent song will come on.

Interestingly, I find it's much more rewarding listening to a song you love when it comes on the radio, rather than when you put it on yourself. It feels like an achievement or something I guess lol

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I turn on the radio when I'm in a car, even though I don't listen to it. The radio just becomes background noise playing the same songs over and over again. Memo to self: count how many times Adele is played during one trip.

I always hope that a blessed miracle will happen and that the radio stations will play some classic music, but alas, my hopes usually got to waste. Their idea of a classic song is something from 2005 :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Very rarely. Sometimes I get an urge to, but I'll only tune into specific programs from the BBC Radio 2 website (aka. just Guy Garvey or Ken Bruce). Or once in a blue moon, classical fm.

But really I'd just rather play my own music; then I can listen to what I like all the time, not have to wait for something good to come on after hearing 10 I don't like at all.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Time to answer my own thread. XD

I used to listen to the radio all the time, when I first got my own stereo in my room. We had an awesome radio station that always played stuff that I liked. But then, one year, it randomly disappeared, and the other station that played anything I like also was gone. SO for a few years, I paid no attention to the radio.

Then, recently, after my parents started using my aunt's car, all we had was a radio in there. SO I searched her old presets, and what was the oldies station before was a modern hits station, and I LOVED IT. XD SO now, I listen to the radio every time I drive the car, and sometimes when I go to bed. ^__^

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Aww.. I thought this thread was about the song "Radio Gaga", I love that song ;~;

I listen to the radio, now and then. I love listening to it in the mornings or in the evenings on the Bus coming home because they play the older songs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Not really... But once in a while I dig out my transistor radio and try to get a classic rock station on it. But usually the only station I can get is this annoying talk show.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen today
    I have all my radio station buttons set in my car and listen to them whenever I drive, in spite of the fact that quite often all or most of them are playing commercials at the same time or overplayed songs (though there are some overplayed songs I really like). I still actually discover music through listening, too, and it's nice to be a little more current with knowing what's out there than I would be otherwise. Outside of my car, however, I don't listen to the radio and prefer really to just listen to my own stuff or when I want consistency without having to manually put together playlists, Pandora. Gotta have my Pandora while I work/make art.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Interestingly, I find it's much more rewarding listening to a song you love when it comes on the radio, rather than when you put it on yourself. It feels like an achievement or something I guess lol

I agree. When I got my iPod, I realized how quickly I would quit listening/liking a song. I mean, I have to ability to listen to it whenever I want and not have to wait on the radio and then pipe up with "OOOO TURN IT UP DATS MAH JAM!!!" and proceed to dance awkwardly in the care. Even when I have those rare occasions that I listen to the radio, I still get excited when they play something I know or actually like. lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The only time I listen to radio is when I'm driving, which has become exceedingly rare these days. For the most part, it's local-ish radio playing contemporary music that I don't really like but find non-objectionable enough to listen to when driving. Apart from this use, however, I wouldn't think to listen to the radio. I have my iPod; I have Spotify and Grooveshark when I'm on my laptop... the radio doesn't even come into the equation, unfortunately.

Back