• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Raichu Alola Form, new Pokémon + more

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
  • I love team skulls theme much more different from the others ;o

Pyukumuku's ability is interesting since it has potential to add a bit of strategy for when to use its effects to its fullest (maybe predicting a strong / super effective move whilst at full health)

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I really don't care for the Team Skull music in the English video, but the Team Skull music in the Japanese video is very cool.

Oh, as a sidenote, looks like Raichu surfing on its own tail was foretold in Pokemon Stadium 2! Skip to 41 seconds.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love team skulls theme much more different from the others ;o

I agree, because I already thought the Team Plasma grunts had a badass battle theme but Team Skull knocks the other teams out of the water here. And yeah I confess 7th Gen is my fave generation before I've even played it.

Sirfetch’d

So apparently this is what Innards Out does:

Hmm... so it's similar to Aftermath in that regard?

This is an extremely good ability and something I for one am excited for. It will be a totally new way to revenge kill setup mons! I hope that this mon has high HP and low defenses so that the ability can easily be made useful. Well, more easily be made useful.

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
    Years
  • Wow, just wow. I love the theme of team skull. And the fact that the logo of the skull is actually an "S". It's the little things that matter. They are really paying attention to detail so far. I've liked about 90% of the sprites I've seen so far and that is far greater than when I was getting hyped for pokemon X & Y.

Years
  • This is an extremely good ability and something I for one am excited for. It will be a totally new way to revenge kill setup mons! I hope that this mon has high HP and low defenses so that the ability can easily be made useful. Well, more easily be made useful.

And from the Japanese trailer it looks like it learns Pain Split, which will be quite annoying if you think you've weakened it down to only a little HP when trying to battle it or capture it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alola Raichu and Alola Marowak are the coolest pokémon I ever seen, but Pyukumuku sounds kinda like "puke mucho" and its animation kind of freaks me out XD

but liek i can't get over how cute Raichu is and how BADASS Marowak is aaaaaaa

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Me too. Your signature is so massively cute by the way, Alola Raichu is just too perfect. I almost always tend to use Raichu on my team so I can see this time won't be an exception. <3

Thanks :3 I almost always use a Raichu on my team too. However, I haven't used it in some of the more recent games because it got redundant after a while. But this new Raichu will join my team and I enjoy using it again! And it is so cool that is part Psychic, which will make having one even more fun.

Yes, Raichu really needed a lot of love. Thanks to its new Alola Form, it's gaining much more attention! I'm super fan of its new design, he actually SURFS on its tail. It's so cute. I guess GF is trying to give Alola Forms to underrated Pokémon as well.

Yes, Raichu has always been pushed to the side because of the attention Pikachu gets. I like Pikachu, but its constant time in the lime light frustrates since everyone forgets about Raichu. I am so glad GF is finally giving attention to underrated Pokemon, especially my Raichu <3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I didn't expect Alolan Raichu to surf the way up, and it looks very adorable...
    Now I dunno if I should stick to Pikachu or evolve one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I always evolve my Pikachu. I love Raichu <3. I look forward to using this Rai.

Btw, anyone else has notice how half the Pokemon lines that have gotten Alolan forms evolve by stone? We got Eggs, Rai, and Tails. Those that don't evolve by stone are Shrew, Meowth, and Marow. This is interesting, as very few Pokemon that evolve by stone can Mega Evolve, the one one that comes to mind is Gallade, and he might be an exception as he has a counterpart with a Mega that evolves by level up (other possible exception that fits that rule is Flosslass when/if she gets a Mega).

Last edited:
    Years
  • I always evolve my Pikachu. I love Raichu <3. I look forward to using this Rai.

Btw, anyone else has notice how half the Pokemon lines that have gotten Alolan forms evolve by stone? We got Eggs, Rai, and Tails. Those that don't evolve by stone are Shrew, Meowth, and Marow. This is interesting, as very few Pokemon that evolve by stone can Mega Evolve, the one one that comes to mind is Gallade, and he might be an exception as he has a counterpart with a Mega that evolves by level up (other possible exception that fits that rule is Flosslass when/if she gets a Mega).

Interesting you pointed that out because I've heard people asking questions about if Alolan Vulpix can still evolve with a Fire Stone or use a different method entirely. Like you said, Gallade seems to be the only stone evolution that can use Mega Evolution but here it's stone evolutions that seem to dominate the Alola Forms.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokémon that are transferred retain information on the game (region) they are from. Unless they purposefully want to make it so as long as they're in Alola, they evolve into Alola forms, I'm sure what will happen is that the Pokémon obtained in Alola will be in their Alola forms/evolve into their Alola form, if they have one. If it's transferred from a previous game, it will stick to its old form. I'm really feeling this is how it's gonna be. Like Sawsbuck transfer, but with a more in-depth form change. The regular Pokémon that evolve into Alola forms likely just don't have an Alola form themselves, but because they were caught in Alola, they evolve into their Alolan forms. I mean, maybe they'll have their own evolution Item but considering we have so many evolution stones with so few Pokémon to use them on as it stands, I don't know how likely it is for them to have their own Item, too.

Years
  • That's the thing though Hikari; we've been so in the dark about the mechanics of Alola forms that it can very well be said that you might need an item of some sort (something kind of sort of similar to the Mega Stone but not quite?) to achieve them. I'm honestly leaning towards this theory, as it would be the easiest way to explain how to achieve them. @_@;

Like, what if you transferred a Vuplix from a past generation? Is it still possible to evolve into Alola Ninetales? We've seen in the trailer how normal Pokemon can evolve into their Alola evolutions, so I'm thinking it has to be an item of some sort that requires it to happen.

You know, a special item could be interesting. Maybe we'll get clarification on this at a later point, about how Alola Forms would be handled for Pokemon transferred from other games or something like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Those like Pikachu,Cubone and Exeggcute could get their Alola forms if they get transferred because they would adapt to Alola once they evolve. For the others they got their whole line Alolan.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Something worth noting is that both Guzma and Plumeria are names that correlate to the flower theme that seems to be connected to S/M. This also goes for Hau, Kukui, Mallow, Kiawe, Lillie, and Zinnia.

Mis

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    This game looks great... I wonder what Team Skull is doing... Maybe it relates to Lavender Town or something. Because maybe they have Marowak on their team??? It's just a thought.... hahahaa :)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • So basically nintendo realized people were grumpy about pokemon that are just a group of pokemon for an evolution and made it a form instead. A form change based on level... *sigh*

I just don't get what there is to complain about whether it had been a form or an evolution. The design of the combined form is creative, doesn't look anything like just two or three of the first form combined, and on top of that, it makes sense.

Back