• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Raichu Alola Form, new Pokémon + more

blue

gucci
    Years
    The music for Team Skull is just too good! They give off a sort of gangster vibe which goes well with the Poison-type Pokemon they use.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    One thing we can also extract from the trailer, is that Piukumuku's ability doesn't put the opponent Pokémon KO, but it only hurts them a bit.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    This is the first time NPCs have used non-Poke Balls and I think that's actually damn cool. Don't know if there's any significance to it, but it's cool regardless.

Team Skull using Ariados and Golbat, lol. Some things never change.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    "Pyukumuku has a new Ability, Innards Out, which no other Pokémon has had before. With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow."

It's actually pretty interesting. I like it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Worth noting but the update was actually scheduled for tomorrow. As in about 24 hours from now. Good work. The leak's probably why Japan had a trailer much earlier than usual. The video getting published locally today probably has to do with the hustle and the fact the surprise is already spoiled.

Laughing right now.

Yeah. This is the second time it has happened now. The video at the start of July was also leaked about 24 hours before, so they went ahead and released the video in Japan. I think the USA held out that time though.

You know Game Freak/Nintendo/Pokemon Company must be starting to get pretty annoyed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    We got everything except Bewear's pre-evo from Corocoro I'm guessing that will be revealed in the next batch of Pokemon news

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Yeah, the Sandcastles Pokémons and Pre-Bewear are CoroCoro exclusives, just like Rockruff and the Koala were. We'll have to wait 3 weeks or a month tops before having it revealed to the whole wide world.

Years
    I'm glad we got another mushroom Pokemon to keep the trend going. Reminds me of a nightlight a bit. And they took surfing Pikachu and stepped it up with a surfing Raichu. It's going to be hard to choose which Pokemon to use in this game.

I'm amused that the grunts in Japanese use the スカ from スカル in their speech. Well done there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    It seems weird that we have normal Cubone evolving into a Marowak of a different type :x I was expecting an Alola Cubone, too. Pikachu seems a bit weird too but I didnt expect one because its the mascot and all.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I am seriously the happiest person alive right now. I have waited for years for Raichu to get some much-needed attention. I literally screamed when I saw it.

So happy :3 <3~

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm definitely adding Alola Raichu to my core team. I've always wanted them to make an Electric/Psychic, and it's also one of my favorite Electric-types. The surfing motif made me laugh because I think it's an obvious reference to the Surfing Pikachu from the older games.

I am seriously the happiest person alive right now. I have waited for years for Raichu to get some much-needed attention. I literally screamed when I saw it.

Me too. Your signature is so massively cute by the way, Alola Raichu is just too perfect. I almost always tend to use Raichu on my team so I can see this time won't be an exception. <3

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    So basically nintendo realized people were grumpy about pokemon that are just a group of pokemon for an evolution and made it a form instead. A form change based on level... *sigh*

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

Yes, Raichu really needed a lot of love. Thanks to its new Alola Form, it's gaining much more attention! I'm super fan of its new design, he actually SURFS on its tail. It's so cute. I guess GF is trying to give Alola Forms to underrated Pokémon as well.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    Kind of off subject, but wouldn't it be amazing that, when they eventually introduce Gen 7 in Pokémon Go, when you go to Hawaii, you can catch the Alola forms?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    really the part that got me excited in this trailer was watching Gyarados use Hyper Beam

IT MAKES THE SOUND IT DID IN GENS 1-2 YESSSSSSSSS I LOVE THAT SOUND EFFECT

Years
    So apparently this is what Innards Out does:
    Serebii.net said:
    Clarification on the Innards Out ability: With the Innards Out Ability, when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow.

Hmm... so it's similar to Aftermath in that regard?

Also, I love how badass the Team Skull theme music is!

Years
    I loved this trailer so much, these games look seriously good and I'm glad they gave Raichu some much needed attention. Team Skull are looking great and I like the gangsta theme but can we just appreciate how Game Freak named a Pokemon Wishiwashi, it's great.

really the part that got me excited in this trailer was watching Gyarados use Hyper Beam

IT MAKES THE SOUND IT DID IN GENS 1-2 YESSSSSSSSS I LOVE THAT SOUND EFFECT

Poor Wishiwashi though.

Years
    I only just noticed Ancient Power's new animation:
    Raichu Alola Form, new Pokémon + more

Adding fossils into the rocks really gives it a nice touch. Also, I love how Spore's new animation now actually has a mushroom in it because it symbolizes the fact it's exclusively learned by mushroom-based Pokemon.

Back