• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Railways: A Journey to the Edge of the World. [T]

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
  • Oh BTW, question - when and where do we start our first post? Is it in the train? The day before departure? Or is it as everyone is waiting outside the train?

The first post takes place in the town of Bellson, a quaint farming village, if a little large. The station is located at the edge of town and the first post should involve your character arriving at the station, be they only just now arriving in town, living in the town, or arrived a few days prior.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I might have accidently focused the history part too much on 'the reason why' instead of real history of how he became who he was, so I might go and add some stuff, and switch some things around. I'll come do the CSS when I feel like it somewhere in the future, haha.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • I might have accidently focused the history part too much on 'the reason why' instead of real history of how he became who he was, so I might go and add some stuff, and switch some things around. I'll come do the CSS when I feel like it somewhere in the future, haha.

Spoiler:

Excellent MI, your character Carl is accepted! Congratulations on making it in and I look forward to seeing that CSS when you can get around to it. ^^

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • I just finished my SU! Btw, here is a fun video for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw

That seems like the kind of kid this RP needs, a real go-getter in life, someone who can appreciate the intricacies of the vehicle the RP focuses on. Foxy take note when making your younger character, that video may be your path to instant acceptance.

On a much more serious note.

Sentinels SU is Accepted! Congratulations and welcome to the RP!

Years
  • DONE AT LAST

James Bentley
    Aged 51 | Businessman | He Likes Trains | Theme Incoming

Appearance and Attire
    -Image-
    James is a caucasian man of moderate height, standing at roughly 5'8" tall and despite being very thin in his younger days has become quite rotund later in life weighing at about 97kg. James has rounded facial features, possibly due to his eight, and ginger-coloured hair that is now somewhat heavily peppered with grey. He has a beard that joins with his sideburns and believes a man should either have a good beard quickly or be clean shaven.

James likes to show his wealth with how he dresses. He is almost always seen wearing expensive black trousers and a white dress-shirt that is always very neatly pressed and tucked in. Over his shirt he wears a black vest that struggles against his girth and a long, classy grey woollen coat. James' shoes are always polished to a ridiculous shine and his head is often occupied by a black, velvet bowler hat. James always aims to looks his best and is almost always well groomed, perhaps to extremes.

Hometown
    James is from the moderately sized, coastal town of Whiteshore, named for it's pristine beaches of white sand and the smooth rocky cliffs of a similar colour that the city sits by. Whiteshore is a pretty place with neatly cobbled roads and clean streets however business is slow for many there as the nearby city of Felton is an economic hotspot so few come to the quaint town outside of limited tourism.​

Personality
    James is a man who believes wealth and social status are the most important things a person can have and he strives to stay at the top in both regards. He longs to live in a state of comfort and wishes others to respect and revere him.

In many ways, he is on his way to fulfilling his dream. However a part of this is a delusion of grandeur in which he has a tendency to look down on many people, especially those who are peasants. He tends to consider those who a poorer and less successful and stupid and worthless people. An otherwise calm and patient man – or at least one who is good at pretending he is – James has a tendency to lose his composure when angered by those he deems "lesser" than himself and to take out his frustrations on them.

James has many negative faults based around his hierarchical belief system, but deep down he is simply a man who is desperate to forget his past. He's not always pleasant to be around and seems to be defined by his greed, pride and lust for status but deep down he is just a decent man that was broken at a young age… very deep down. He certainly believes he isn't doing anything wrong anyway.​

Strengths
    • Educated - Whilst James isn't a genius (although he's far this from being stupid) he has managed to become quite well educated over the years - mostly through his own effort. This has given him a decent cognitive ability and knowledge pool to work with and has made him a bit harder to swindle than your average commoner
    • Hard Worker - James isn't a particularly nice person and tend to be an elitist, but there's no denying that he's worked hard for his money and status. When James wants something, he will work his ass of to get it.
    • Persuasive - James is a good speaker and manipulator and he can use that to his advantage to get what he wants from people in business negotiations or outside.

Weaknesses
    • Weight - Do you to the weight he has accumulated over the years, James is not very athletically inclined. He isn't exactly weak physically, but he has approximately zero stamina and has weakened lungs which result in him coughing and wheezing after physical activity.
    • Obsession with his Appearance - James is desperate to maintain his position of wealth and status and will go to extreme lengths to do so. This can cause him a lot of trouble, make him enemies and get him into some sticky situations.
    • Delusions of Grandeur - James' life and perception of himself is based upon his own delusions of his importance and worth. This delusion is on somewhat shaky ground already with the trouble he is in financially and the more it is shaken the worse the effect on James' psyche.

The Reason Why
    James Bentley has worked hard to get to where he is, he's a man who is determined to keep his wealth and his status. Unfortunately for him a combination of his own greed and the economic boom in Felton have put him at risk of losing both. A businessman with his hand in many endeavors, things were looking good for James so he spent his wealth exuberantly however once the boom in Felton began business began drying up and so did his source of income… but not his refined tastes and spending habits. In fact, James was determined to keep up appearances so he continued to spend. This has left the man is a slump; his wealth is tied up in possessions he cannot bear to sell. The promise of riches the mysterious Ironwood brings is his last hope.​

Background
    James Bentley was not always a wealthy man with a big house in the pristine Whiteshore. He was originally born to a small and extremely poor family in a town called Gossland Gulch, notorious for it's extremely high crime rate and poverty even in those days. As a child James lived in something that could only be described as a shack. The building had a pitiful dirt floor, was falling apart and the two bedrooms within were barely big enough to contain beds… then again the beds inside were really just straw stuffed into a home-made bag and dumped onto a homemade frame. His mother did not work, and his father spent what little money he earned on alcohol and cigarettes that he and his wife promptly consumed. The young James ate gruel, received no education and was routinely beaten to a pulp by his father – who was the reason his mother had turned to the drink and become a passive waste – and those with any semblance of money looked down on the Bentley family. It was in these years that James developed his belief in a twisted hierarchy and his desire for wealth and status.

Despite his desires though, James never believed he'd achieve his wishes – until one day he met an elderly man. The man was struggling to carry a bag and whilst being scrawny himself, James helped the man take the bag into his house and was rewarded with a simple gold coin, all the kind man could offer. This was the first time that James had earned money of his own, and he took some advice about saving and not squandering to heart. That one act inspired the young James to work hard so he spent the next several years of his life enduring beating from his father as he stole books – teaching himself to read, to count and to function.

Eventually James was able to begin secretly doing odd jobs for various people… some being somewhat shady in origin. However he was eventually able to secretly amass enough money to leave his family behind him and move to another nearby town. Which is where he met a man named Marcello Marshall. The rude and egotistical man employed James as a manservant for several unpleasant years, developing his knowledge of higher societies conventions and giving him a source of income that James was careful to save as much of as he could. Eventually James had enough to move to Whiteshore and start his own shipping business, leaving the last of the people to control him behind.

The next years were very kind to James, he was able to grow and expand his business venturing into other areas and greatly increasing his wealth. He moved into a large house, spend exuberantly and continued to build on his finances and status in the town. He hadn't lost his belief in a hierarchy though, and he treated his employees poorly. He was at the top of the totem pole in his mind and had earned the right to treat people like dirt. Then the economic boom in Felton happened. Suddenly those who could manage were leaving his employ in droves to seek their fortune in the nearby city, the beginning of his troubles.

Since the beginning of the boom James' company has been suffering. He has too few employees, he is being outcompeted by companies in Felton and he can't bear to stop spending his money, which has lead to all his wealth being tied up in possessions he refuses to sell. James became desperate, taking increasingly risky business ventures and digging himself a bigger hole as he continued to spend money he shouldn't have on maintaining a façade of wealth. On a particularly hard day though, an opportunity finally arrived. A man in a bizarre green and black suit accidentally dropped a flier for the Ironwood Express at James' feet and the desperate man was definitely not going to try and give it back.

Personal Effects
    James has packed a lot of luggage, primarily clothing and bedding of little relevance. There are a few items of significance amongst his effects however. Most notable of these is a simple gold coin that has been drilled into and put onto a chain. This is always concealed very well, but is constantly around James' neck. He also has several expensive books with him, but the most notable literature in his bag is a black ledger containing information on his finances and business dealings - James never goes anywhere without it.

Other
    James rarely drinks or smokes, but when he's feeling particularly angry or depressed his does both excessively.

RP Sample
    Bridges L. Skellen really hates the weather in Jeroa. - Taken from One Piece: The Golden Age

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • EDIT: Done! ^^

-
    Elliot Temperley

"When I turn six, I'll be able to use the big kids slide ! "

Appearance and Attire:

There is not much to say about Elliot's appearance, aside that he is what a 5-year old British boy would look like. He has large, dark grey eyes and jet black hair, and a large face which is often prone to cheek-pinching by old women, but usually covered in dirt from the fields. He is neither tall, short, chubby or slim, having lived comfortably for most of his - fairly short - life.

Although he usually walks around barefoot and sometimes even shirtless, on the day of the trip Elliot was wearing a simple yellow and red shirt, beige shorts and brown sandals.

*poses* "Look at my muscles! I'm a lot stronger than you ! "

Hometown: Elliot and his family come from the town of Dorlake, a town located a few hours away from Bellson. The town is located mainly around a lake, and its large inn often serves as a checkpoint or resting point for travelers and mailmen. It is also home to one of the largest post offices in the country - making it a key location for trading goods and important messages.

"Hannah threw me into the lake once... She's mean."

Personality:
    Energetic || Chivalrous || Adventurous || Annoying

Elliot is known to be the most excitable and energetic child in his village. he often gets into trouble with cleaners and servants who get angry when he walks into buildings covered in dirt or mud, or water from the lake. He isn't afraid to get himself dirty and is adventurous, always keen to explore new places.

In many ways, Elliot takes to his father. He is often chivalrous and gentlemanly with girls both older and younger than him, standing up for people he feels are being bullied or oppressed. However, he does not do it out of kindness or heroic intentions - mostly to get attention and assert himself.

Also, he's five. Five year olds are annoying.

Strengths:

Above Average Intelligence
    Elliot is what a teacher would call a 'bright kid', as he is quite good at maths for his age. Despite being able to add large numbers mentally fairly easily, and even knowing part of the multiplication table, Elliot still holds a childish grudge against anyone who tries to force education onto him. He still has trouble reading complicated words and takes a long time to write words, so he is far from being a child genius.

"I'm always top of the class, mister! But I still need ma to help me write..."

Curiosity
    This can be listed as both his greatest mental strength and weakness. Just like all children, Elliot is infinitely curious about anything and everything he encounters - unless it's a book. He is known to go on typical 'why?' sprees with teachers and other adults, and go to great lengths to explore places he doesn't know.

"Why does the lady have a butt on her chest ? "

Small size
    Self-explanatory. Elliot measures about 3'5, which allows him to fit into small cracks and holes which a grown adult could not. Due to this, he enjoys exploring old houses and buildings, looking for cracks in walls to poke through.

"When I grow up, I wanna be an explorer! But Hannah says I'm too careless..."

Weaknesses:

Age limitations
    Elliot is only five, after all. With such a young age, come the disadvantages of being inexperienced, naive, intrusive, naggy, physically weak, short, dependent on adults, and generally ignorant. People seldom take him seriously, too, due to this.

"Ma says I'm a big boy ! "

Disobedient
    For the most part. Elliot dislikes being told what to do, and it usually takes quite a bit of persuasion to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. Even though he is never violent, he is certainly not a goody-two-shoes or 'mama's boy' by any standard.

"But I don't waaannaaaa..."

Background:

Not much can be said about Elliot's own personal history, since he is so young - therefore the story of his whole family shall be told instead.

"Uuhh... So there's four - ma, pa, Hannah and me. Well, it used to be that..."

Joel Temperley was Dorlake's local watchmaker, having learnt the profession from his father, who learn it from his father, and so on. Joel's business was in full bloom, as the local post office always requested more and more clocks and watches to place around their various offices and distribute to their employees. Despite the pressure and difficulty of the job, Elliot's father still loved his job and soon got a reputation across the country.

One day, a hurried customer came in with a large old wall clock that had fallen off and broke. Despite saying he did not do clock repairs, Joel could not resist saying no the woman's face. This was the day he met his wife. After many nights of replacing parts, tightening screws and testing gears, he finally got the old antique clock working again. The woman soon became a regular visitor, most of the time not buying anything but simply coming to keep him company and bringing cakes from the local bakery with her. Through these encounters Joel Temperley learned her name: Noelle.

A year after they first met, the pair finally got married. Their first child was a girl - Hannah. Hannah was everything her parents wanted her to be: Brave, Intelligent, Skilled and Pretty - albeit a little arrogant and sarcastic. Five years later, they had another child - Elliot. Elliot was extremely silent as a baby, rarely ever crying when hungry or tired, which lead to his parents fearing that he was deaf. However, he made up for it entirely as he grew to a toddler, becoming one of the loudest, most hyperactive child in the small town or Dorlake.

A year after Elliot was born, the army began sending men to war. Unfortunately, Joel was one of these men. Leaving his family in the hands of his younger brother, who was his assistant, he left for a full year. His brother, George was a kind man, and took good care of Noelle, Hannah and Elliot.

When Joel returned, he told them war stories of the dangers in the battlefield, and how difficult life in the army was. Elliot adored listening to these stories, and always imagined himself with his father, fighting fierce battles to defend his country from invaders. This dream of joining the forces of law as an exploring scout one day is what gave Elliot his chivalrous attitude.

It wasn't long before his father was called back to the army again - this time with his brother too. Unsure who to leave his family with this time, Joel Temperley resorted to the only family he had left, his cousin - a wealthy but violent and often drunk man. After long hours of arguing with Noelle about it, she finally agreed, for the sake of the children.

The family's time with the cousin was not a happy one. A whole year passed, with very few messages from the two brothers. Noelle's financial situation was deteriorating - she had begun taking in laundry to make extra money in addition to her regular baking job; and was often physically and verbally abused by the cousin. The children were not allowed to leave the house, either.

Then on one fateful day, she received a customer which looked unlike the others - a mysterious man with a green and black suit, and a small top hat. He seemed to have come only to browse the small bakery, but finally ended up buying a large amount of train-shaped chocolate cakes. As he paid Noelle, he leaned forward, handed her one of the cakes and whispered, smiling:

"You will find what your family needs in Bellson."

And with that, he left, and she never saw him again.

It was a week after this strange event that the little family left Dorlake. Taking a few supplies, clothes and all of their savings, they headed for Bellson on a small carriage, in the hopes of finding 'what they needed'.

The Reason Why:

Elliot and his mother and sister left their abusive guardian in desperation. The two children do not know why their mother has decided to take the trip, and Elliot considers it 'an adventure'. Secretly, he also hopes that he will find his father and uncle - wherever he is going.

"I hope dad and unca' Bill are okay..."

Personal Effects:

On the day of the trip, Elliot had a small satchel containing some food, a change of clothes and a blanket. On his person, he carries a simple pocketwatch (even though he still can't tell time) and an army badge given to him by his father.

Other:

yo dawg
    I heard you like trains

"You can have a train in a train... ? "

RP Sample:

ayy lmao

(I strongly suggest you read the rest of the story arc J-chan, it's super fun ^^)

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Bastian your character is accepted! I really like her personality and general attitude. ^^

Gimme I really like your character so far, he'll really add variety to the current cast I feel and I can't wait to see him finished.

That's 4/10 characters complete everyone, let's keep up the good work and hopefully the start to the RP will come about soon enough!

Foxy you used Rin from Ao No Exorcist as a face claim. *Throws many brownie points in your direction.* Also your character looks like he'll be super fun anyway.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    This is turning out to be a really good cast. Everyone's looking good!

Jay

Years
  • This is turning out to be a really good cast. Everyone's looking good!

No two characters have felt the same thus far I feel, everyone is very diverse and different which is excellent news. I can only wait with bated breath for the other SU's to appear as well. ^^

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Cassandra Nightingale
    Railways: A Journey to the Edge of the World. [T]
    "I'm placing my chip in your pile, love. Time to ante up."

23//The Gambling Thief//Female

Appearance And Attire: Cassandra stands at a height of 5'7". With a pair of sapphire-blue eyes and a lightly, sun-kissed skin complexion, she is definitely easy on the eyes. Cassandra sports a rather shapely body build, with curves placed all in the right places. She very rarely tends to go without make-up, with light pink lipstick adorning her full lips and black nail polish on her well-manicured nails. Her hair is probably the single feature that stands out on her the most. It is long, easily reaching down to the end of Cassandra's back. It seems to be pointy in structure, almost resembling some sort of pine tree when viewed from behind. The most curious feature about her hair is its color. Cassandra is definitely a strawberry-blonde, but in certain lighting it tends to look almost pink in color.

In terms of clothing, modesty is generally not Cassandra's strong point. She tends to show more skin than a woman of proper upbringing would dare to show, generally wearing a black, corset-like top which hugs her figure tightly. It is a daring, low-cut garment and for some reason seems to part in the middle, giving most a peek at her navel. Around her hips is a small skirt in similar color. A black, leather choker is worn around her neck, decorated with a golden, snake-shaped emblem in the middle of a red, silk sash that is wrapped around it. A pair of black, high-heeled shoes generally adorn her feet, with straps wrapping up all the way around her legs. A blue coat decorated with wolf fur lining is always worn loosely over her garments, usually hanging just off her shoulders. Cassandra completes her look with a pair of long, golden earrings.

Personality: A strong, independent woman who generally relies her on only one person to get through in live, herself. Cassandra generally does not take the time to truly get to know those around her, and likewise she finds that they have no need to truly get to know her, that is if she truly knows herself. Cassandra lives somewhat of a mysterious life, often changing how she acts and at times even her name to throw those who may be chasing her off of her trail. She tends to act in a rather sultry manner, often referring to those around with pet names such as "love" or "dear."

If there is one thing in this world that Cassandra holds close, it is wealth and treasure. She is definitely a very greedy woman, often times putting the coin before the human condition. She is also very self-interested. Cassandra will not hesitate for one moment to use the people around her if it will further her own gain. While this can be something as simple as telling a small lie, she has been known to use sexual methods and extortion to do so. It should be noted that whether one is a man or a woman is not a factor for Cassandra. She views both genders as equal targets.

Strengths:

Witty: Cassandra has a quick wit about her. She is able to think of solutions to her problems quickly and very rarely seems to be without a "Plan B" should something go wrong. She is a woman who is very rarely caught of guard and is able to think on her feet without hesitation.

Agile: Being a thief, staying quick on her feet is something that Cassandra feels is a must. After all, one would not be able to evade and stay uncaptured by the law if one were slow. This is not just related to the speed of her feet, however. Cassandra is able to move fluid and gracefully, and she is quick with her hand and fingers as well. This trait has allowed her to easily swipe many wallets and the like from unsuspecting targets.

Creative: Cassandra is oddly creative. She is able to envision many different dreams and ideas, something which led her to boarding the Ironwood in the first place. She is constantly thinking, coming up with different ideas for heists and cons and even creating different identities should it no long be safe to be "Cassandra" one day.

Weaknesses:

Greedy: Cassandra views the coin as a god, in a manner of speaking. She places wealth far above and beyond that of most things in life, including other human life. Even after she manages to make off with a decent haul of loot, Cassandra can be found always thinking about how much more to steal next. Placing an impossible goal for herself, Cassandra has been known to say that she would not be happy until she held all the gold in the world... and then some.

Dishonest: A liar through and through. Cassandra is known to bend the truth whenever she can to keep herself out of hot water and to make sure that she stays on the top of any situation she finds herself in. This habit has found its way into almost every aspect of the woman's life, from telling a simple story to playing a game of cards.

Alcoholic: Cassandra has been known to drink too much on several occasions. Sometimes, she it may not be that she even likes the taste of booze. She swears that she cannot function without it. Because of this, she has been known to get drunk on several occasions, which makes her antics a bit more... difficult to deal with to say the least. Red wine appears to the drink that catches her tongue in a never-ending thirst the most...

Background: Cassandra had the unfortunate privilege of being born and raised in Gossland Gulch. She had no idea who her father was and her mother made her living as one of the many night ladies of the town. Because of this, Cassandra was often left to her own devices as a child and more or less raised herself. Schooling was not something that she ever really found a need for and she somehow managed to scrap together enough food to get by. While many would assume this sort of life would be hard on a child, it never really seemed to bother Cassandra.

As she grew older, Cassandra found herself beginning to despise the calling her mother made in life. While it did give the woman a decent share of coin, which she was known to later waste, living one's life in such a manner was just not for Cassandra. Rather, she soon found herself to be quite the successful thief. She started out small, grabbing a traveler's wallet when they were not looking or setting up a crooked game of chance. While the payoffs with these various, shady activities were never all that huge, Cassandra found that she did seem to have a knack for them... and with each successful steal or swindle, she found herself starting to want more. So she did what any budding thief would... and upped the ante.

She began to roam outside of the town, making her way to neighboring areas to grab hold of whatever coin and treasures she could. She began to mark cards when playing high-stakes games of Poker and the like, studying cards to make sure she could come out as high up as possible. Cassandra even took a page out of her mother's book and began to use her body and sexuality to lure an suspecting victim in... and then take them for all she had. Gradually, the woman began to stir up quite the commotion and earn quite a name for herself... And yet she still wanted more.

That was when Cassandra had chanced to hear about the Ironwood. While the prospect of exploring new and uncharted territory really could not have interested the woman any less, she had to admit the attraction of various people was quite the attention grabber. Cassandra was fully aware that there was quite the chance that people of substantial wealth would be hitching a ride on the train... and there would be little to no obstruction to stop her from grabbing what coin they had. With a plan of action already forming, Cassandra set off for Bellson.

Hometown: Gossland Gulch is a small, rather slummy looking town that could easily be called the blindspot of the region. It's high in crime, poverty, and seems to be a magnet for less than honorable characters including thiefs, murderers, night ladies, and all of that sort. It is located a few days north of Bloomgarden, however the town is not as lush with vegetation as its neighbor or anywhere near as pretty to look at. The constant climate of being foggy and rainy has made the town more or less widely known for being a rather disgusting little mud-pit to look at. It should be noted that Gossland Gulch has no law or real governing head.

The Reason Why: Saying that she boarded the train for adventure and discovery would be a lie. The only thing that interests Cassandra on this trip is the chance to pickpocket and see what sort of treasures and financial gains she can make with a wide and varying assortment of passengers. Coupled with the fact that escape is just a hop-off away should things go awry, Cassandra figures that a ride on the Ironwood is the perfect and easiest way to make some hefty gains. Of course, if she happens to find some treasure in the form of discoveries along the way... well, let's just say she would not mind that too much either.

Personal Effects: Aside from the clothes on her back and a satchel of coin, Cassandra only has two objects of personal affection she's keeping with her. The first object is her trusty dagger, complete with a jeweled hilt. While the dagger itself has never actually drawn blood, it still manages to be a rather useful tool for intimidation. Cassandra is also carrying a deck of marked playing cards, to make sure that she has the edge should anyone be up for a friendly game of Poker.

RP Sample: There ya go.

Reactions: Jay

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • bluh bluh WIP bluh
    Word blocks bluh I can't
    Don't mind the things written in all caps

Spoiler:

GDI stop with the ryan jokes

EDIT: SU is done! ^^

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Chie and Foxy's characters are both officially accepted. Even though you're both pretty much aware of this already since literally every player is in the skype chat.

6/10 SU's have been submitted with two of the remaining SU's already submitted as WIP's. Which is very exciting, it's wonderful to see the RP taking off so quickly. ^^

Once all SU's have been submitted an information post will be submitted here OOC and soon after the IC will be submitted. Once the IC is accepted I will post the first post as Aria and the RP will officially be ready for posting! Get hype people!

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • It's finished, though I'll probably make it all fancy later.

Name: Arsenè Grigori II

"Call me Grigori, Arsenè just doesn't have as nice a ring to it."

Appearance:
    Grigori stands at about 5,8" and has short black hair which always seems very neat and well kept. His skin is lightly tanned, but is still fair enough to show his Italian roots clearly. His face is pretty sharp, with what appears to be a light fading scar underneath his right eye. Grigori eyes are a simple golden brown color and his eyebrows are slightly trimmed, but are still sort of thick. His form itself is skinny and lithe almost, allowing him to be very dexterous surprisingly.

His appearance in general is always well kept and he prefers to wear a suit jacket of varying color along with black suit pants and dress shoes and socks. Underneath his clothes are usually an assortment of different tools like a Colt Model 1848 Pistol, a cigarette that explodes into confetti, etc;. On the third belt loop of the belt he always wears is a chain which holds a golden pocket watch that is nearly unnaturally pristine, he has went to very far lengths to keep the watch such as rigging a copy of it to explode with chilli powder or in some cases gun powder. His favourite suit jacket colors are green, red, black, and blue.

Hometown: Born on the streets of Belson, Grigori is an orphan. Though once he got to a certain age he moved on to bigger and better things...stealing to be precise. What can he say pick-pocketing had lost its ouster and stealing was once vice that was just too enticing.

Personality:
    Grigori is overall a good enough guy. Gentlemanly, clever, and very intelligent Grigori mixes his better traits by being a naturally goofy and fun-loving guy most of the time. Outside of being a thief he is always happy to make others smile and likes to see the fun in things and is always optimistic. He seems to not care too much for the loot he acquires as he has had it stolen from him by someone else and has sometimes even returned an item or even gotten it destroyed after stealing it. It's not about the actual acquiring of the item but more the process leading up to it that makes him like being a thief so much.

While Grigori is a thief, he will go to great lengths to right injustice. While he sees nothing wrong with his chosen profession, he reminds anyone who asks that the people from whom he steals are people who can take the loss, and that there are worse people than he in this world. He also shows a chivalrous streak that compels him to help those less fortunate than he (especially attractive women). Furthermore, Griogri often takes it upon himself to stop criminals engaged in more violent crimes and keeps a moral code of whom he targets and does not kill needlessly and almost always trying to minimize casualties. He fancies himself a ladies' man, although his actual success with women is rather erratic.

When not seeking fortune from his adventures, Grigori unwinds by a variety of pastimes. His most-witnessed hobbies are fishing, gambling, being part of cafe society, and dating beautiful women. He's a connoisseur of international food and wine, drinks liquor, enjoys beer, tea, and coffee. He also smokes cigarettes and occasionally cigars. His preferred cigarette is a rare brand called Gitanes. He's also a skilled sleight of hand artist who loves to befuddle his opponents with various gimmicks: i.e., a cigarette which explodes into confetti, and bubble gum that becomes plastique after brief chewing.

Strengths:

Master of Disguise: He's been at the thief business for years and one of his most diverse skills are that of disguise. He's able to mimic voices and mannerisms of people perfectly after only a bit of short interaction with them. Using varying techniques he's managed to be able to look like anyone with a bit of time and effort and sometimes in mere seconds. For bigger people, due to his lithe form he's able to use what is essentially padding that is usually filled with gear that he uses for his planned heists. His disguises are so good that he is even able to fool friends that know him and most of the time they are in disbelief that it's actually him, even if they know he changed. To be even further he has been able to fool close friends and even family of the person he imitates with only the slightest of suspicion.

Escape Artist Extraordinaire: Having stolen from some very important people before he has been captured quite a bit, but do to his skills he has he and his well preparedness he always has managed to escape. He has been noted to be able to crack any safe and free himself from shackles in moments if given an opportunity. He can even use the restraints binding him to entrap his would-be captor before making his own escape. Seemingly prepared for all contingencies, Grigori can make his escape even when fully surrounded.

Highly Intelligent: Despite his general goofiness and light-hearted charm when serious Grigori is very intelligent, it's how his heists go so perfectly most of the time. His intuition is astute enough to be able to pick apart the smallest of details and use them either to his advantage or gather the truth behind it all. His goofiness is mostly a facade to lower others guard so that the moment is right he can use their weakness to his own advantage.

Weaknesses:

A sucker for the ladies: His liking for the ladies has sometimes ended him up in some very tough situations, like being locked up in a cell in only his boxers. He managed to escape but let's just say it was not an easy affair. Despite his better judgement telling him that associating with certain females is certainly not a good idea he just can't accept it. What could he say? He's a sucker for a pretty face. Besides, the more dangerous the treasure the more powerful it's allure and the same could be said about the ladies he goes after.

Impish: Grigori's goofiness and his seeming inability to take things serious allows him to take his targets by surprise, however it does make it hard to sometimes interact with others. While some people can take his personality well it can certainly rub some the wrong way and cause situations that could've otherwise been avoided if tact was involved.

Always willing to Help: Grigori has a soft spot for those in actual need and his kindness can be used against him. Though he may sometimes seem like a bit of jerk he genuinely does like to help those who are in need, he attributes it to his status as an orphan when he was younger. He can't help but want to help those in unfortunate circumstances as he understands what it's like to be in a similar situation after all. Though, he especially likes to help beautiful females.

The Reason Why:
    The allure of theft is the greatest vice that a Master Thief like him is driven by, from expensive jewels owned by people with too much money on their hands to rare books, anything that could be considered immensely desirable. It's not the gaining of the item that he likes, but more of the process of getting the item for himself. He's never cared a whole bunch about keeping possessions, but the allure of being able to steal the item is just one that he can't resist. Having recently stopped in Belson and seeing the condition of the town he wondered how things suddenly went to crap.

Things were looking really tough and he genuinely wanted to help and it was then that he saw the poster. Catching an eye full of that poster was enough for the monkey like grin he had to stretch across his face. Riches beyond wild imagination and a trip to the "edge of the World", that sounded exciting and there would be many things he could steal along the way. Though he had to admit if it was possible he was going to steal the train, because you know trains were really snazzy. Being able to steal the thing would be a big passionate way to say to the world "I like Trains." If he was honest though if possible, he wanted to be the first guy to be able to say I stole the end of the World.

"How could I turn down such an amazing opportunity? Such an adventure is sure to be interesting you know? And where things are interesting there's always going to be loot to be looted."

Background:

Grigori was born in Belson as a little boy without parents, a.k.a he was an orphan. Now, he didn't lament his status of being an orphan when he came to really know what it meant as he knew for a fact that there were people who had it worst. His childhood was okay at best. The orphanage he stayed in wasn't necessarily a bad place, but their were a few unkindly people there. A small supposed haven for kids run by a kind old matron was where he lived, though their were bullies. Not the small byte sized ones, but more of the big and mean aides that were supposed to help. The only reason they flew under the radar was because they were discreet in what they did.

They would pretend they were taking him out on a walk around town and then they would take his stipend and pretend as if he had lost it or buy an trashy item for him and say he had wasted his money. He hated those jerks, but it was them that had gotten him into the art of thievery. While the matron was kind she was old, like really old. If he remembered correctly she was like 50, she was practically a fossil! While she helped out every once and awhile eventually she just couldn't keep giving him a bit extra and would tell him to go help around town, it would give him some better character or something. He tried it and found that manual labor as a kid sucks, a lot.

So with little options on how to stop the aides, as they always found a way to get his money somehow, he decided to try and be a pickpocket. Let's just say he got a couple of bruises and stern talking to's at first. Though, he was set on this so he simply kept at it. It was only a matter of time till he got good at it, though he made sure to always target the richer folk. They would be fine taking a hit, all he really stole was pocket change after all. ...Well it could be considered pocket change to rich folks anyways. It's not like they needed all that money anyways.

When he was ten he decided to do something about the aides. Being a rather well known pickpocket in certain circles, it was safe to say that he was very skilled at what he did. The plan was simple enough, steal something important and then plant the object on the bozos. This was going to be his first real theft. It was safe to seat that he was unsuccessful at stealing the item and even in his little disguise he used so that he wouldn't be identified he was almost nearly caught, and his heart was beating so hard that he thought it was going to jump right out of his chest as he just managed to lose his pursuer.

He felt so...alive though. Sure he might've failed and still wanted the item, but there was a certain rush in what he had did. The nervousness of of going through the process wondering if this it'll work or not right up to the anxiety of whether your going to be caught or is that guard going to turn his head just a little bit further. It was probably around this point that he had decided that he'd be doing this for life. Only a few short days later did he try the theft this time and when acquired the item the largest grin lit up in his face. This was fun.

It had been about 8 years, he was 18 now and he was beginning to notice a slight shift in the town. His own skills at stealing were getting better and he could do things with his hands that others would think was magical. What could he say? Swiping stuff takes some fast hands if you don't want the person to know it was taken. However as time went on he noticed something as he began to keep his stealing to a minimum after he saw a rather well-off store close. It was a place he frequented and he was very surprised about it closing seeing as the owner was rather successful.

Leaving Belson he set sights on his goal to become the greatest thief ever and he hadn't looked back. In 10 years time the name "Lupin" would become a name well known across the country for stealing from the rich and the corrupt, sometimes both, and giving their priceless belongings to someone else who needed them more. Rich people never knew when he would attack and so upped their guard even more to keep whatever priceless objects they had hidden, it only made them more targeted. Not that they knew that though.

Stopping in town in a carriage owned by one of accompli- he meant friend's, he had arrived in Belson. He wanted to see how his ol' stopping grounds were doing, maybe even rob those aides blind. He never had dealt with them fully, had he? When he he took his real first step into town he was surprised to see it in it's rather obvious depression. While he was a little kid it was a much more vibrant place, and now it seemed in a slump. Well, this wouldn't do at all. He could give them some treasure, but he doubted that would really get to the root of the matter. He decided he'd stay for awhile, maybe he'd find out what he could do to help.

Luckily for him, his luck was as good as ever. The very next day after his arrival posters were all around the town. It seemed like he had just found what would be his grandest heist yet, oh and he'd also get some money to help the people out. That was most definitely a plus in his book.

Personal Effects:

Golden Pocket Watch: A very well polished golden pocket watch that is always carried somewhere on him. It is a gift from a very important person and holds a bit of sentimental value to him. If stolen he will do anything and everything in his power to get it back.

Other: Grigori is a very well known Master Thief across the lands who's call sign is a little card with the words "Lupin was here" written on it, making the name Lupin very well known. Always using disguises on his heists or making it untraceable back towards him his civilian identity isn't too well known unless one frequents bars that he drinks at. There he is known as a Casanova and a weirdly rich guy as no one knows too much about how he has so much money, the rumours state that he's a gambling man with the devil's luck. It just so happens that he's very good at gambling surprisingly, usually because he knows how to cheat and get away with it.

RP Sample: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8515221&postcount=41

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Oh man, I like trains! Is there still room for players, or are you guys full until further notice?

I mean, I did notice that 10 is the starting limit, but since there are already more reserves than that, figured I'd ask just in case!

Jay

Years
  • Oh man, I like trains! Is there still room for players, or are you guys full until further notice?

I mean, I did notice that 10 is the starting limit, but since there are already more reserves than that, figured I'd ask just in case!

I apologize for the confusion, but two extra slots were opened, only to immediately be filled. ^^'' For now I'm afraid we're all full up and I apologize for not updating the OP correctly.

I thank you for your interest regardless and apologize for the confusion once more.

Back