• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you!

Years
I will give it points for attempted metal, but it sounds half hearted in execution so it gets a 3/5.

Classic game I still own the cart for. You should give it a try.

Years
The extensive use of the harpsichord in the general soundtrack keep it locked in the same general overtones as the last track. Although in small amounts, the harpsichord is acceptable, but the amount that AA uses is grating and. . . distasteful to me. I could never get used to the sound and I much rather preferred to play the violin or piano. The harpsichord remains, however, as a wonderfully designed instrument and used properly, it can add much to a composition. Unfortunately, due to the harpsichord alone being used so extensively in the game I must rate it 2/5.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
8/10 reminds me of fighting the Flood in the original Halo trilogy

Music heralding back to a simpler time, where you just killed the crap out of Nazis on the western front.

Arsenic

Years
6/10 I found it rather borning and same-y. Just not a fan of that era of music.

I'm going to do one from the the Hitman. It's called "Hippy Stoner Music." While not the most exciting it's certainly different from the usual here

This thread used to be the king of the section let's make it that again!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
7/10. Eccentric, odd, funky. Has a nice beat, but it's one of those songs that I probably wouldn't listen to on loop (but it might grow on me; who knows).

My contribution: Puppe from eXceed 2nd - Vampire REX

Years
That harpsichord again ohohoho! Being quite a bit more of a variety I can give it a 3.5/5. It's not my cup of tea, but it sounds like it belongs to a bullet storm game I imagine.

Still have this cartridge as well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Gives off this vibe that something major is gonna be accomplished by getting through whatever that place is (haven't actually played FF IV, lol). 8.5/10

Lullaby of Deserted Hell, from Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism

Arsenic

Years
7/10 I'm just not a fan of that style of music

But let's skip what... a year into the future and have actual instrument sounds in music! Plus there's too much Japan here anyways.

I present to you...

Diabolical Adrenaline Guitar from Half-Life
or
Lambda Core as it is called in Half-Life 2

Years
GDI getting sniped.

I've always been a bit 50/50 about Kirby's music as a whole, I think I'm going to go for a 6/10 with this one.

I must take a huge chunk of points from this. I haven't heard Guile's theme mixed in such a bland way before and I hope to not hear it again. It's muted and it doesn't offer the same flavour as Street Fighter II's Guile theme. I just don't feel the effort to actually succeed in whatever it is I'm doing. Kinda sad, really that they did this, as it doesn't seem to offer the high energy as its predecessor. Sometimes 16bit is better than the new stuff they come up with, sorry 2/5

Back