• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
7/10 Though the finger snapping was a nice effect, it didn't really sound castle-like to me.

The entire thing takes around 25 seconds.

Years
Sorry bud. Typical bad guy doom and gloom. Gotta take some points for it 4.5/10. I gave it two listens and it reminded me of more than a few hero games I've played. It kind of fades into obscurity due to the common undertones associated with the bad guys.

Years
8/10, I really like old SNES and Genesis music, they are usually so catchy and bring some nostalgia even if I haven't really played the game in particular (though I swear I heard this before).

Years
It's nice. I like it's crashing crescendos and mix of orchestra, percussion, brass and choir. The Ending is a bit off set though, but the rest is rather good 7/10

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
9/10, Halloween's already over, but still, very soothing.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Dr. Strange Theme

In celebration to the movie's release.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
8/10 Not quite my cup of tea but not bad either.

Suppose I should mix it up from my normal militaristic sound

Years
I dropped the AC series a long time ago, but they can still pull out some good scores, so I will give them that much, given if all the faces don't melt down into a hideous parade of eyeballs with teeth... 9/10

Bonus! I'll even through the commercial in! Free of charge. If you haven't played this game, I recommend you do. I still have my original SNES copy.
Spoiler:

A little history about Weapon Lord. Weapon Lord can be considered as the spiritual successor to Soul Calibur and its sequels. It was also the only SNES game to feature the XCOM logo on the box. What's XCOM? Only the very first online console hookup ever:
The concept of playing online was fairly new at the time. Arcades were still quite popular, and online gaming was not yet a household idea.

The XBAND modem was widely available at Blockbuster Video branches during its time. It retailed for $19.99, with additional charges based on usage. Two pricing plans were available. One had a monthly fee of $4.95 and allowed the user to connect to the service up to 50 times a month with each additional connection costing 15 cents. The other had a monthly fee of $9.95 and granted the subscriber an unlimited number of connections per month. Activities that consumed a player's monthly allowance of connections included dialing in to the XBAND service for matchmaking, downloading mail (called "XMAIL"), and downloading the daily edition of the two XBAND newsletters, one containing generic news and the other containing platform-specific information such as leaderboards and contest announcements. Players were also assessed a fee of $3.95/hour for connecting to opponents outside their local calling area; player-to-player connections inside their local calling area were free.

The modem features built-in storage for up to four users ("codenames"). It stores user friend lists, which can contain the codenames of up to ten of the user's friends; the users' XMAIL boxes, storing up to ten incoming and ten outgoing messages for each user; the users' rankings, win/loss records, and accumulated scores; a short profile section; and the user's avatar (chosen from 40 preset avatars). Text entry is done either through an on-screen keyboard or an optional XBAND keyboard add-on.

The client-side system worked by manipulating the game's memory in a way similar to Game Genie and third-party computer game modifications such as Multi Theft Auto.

A problem of most online services of the time was that the connection would be lost whenever a phone on the same line was picked up. The XBand operating system was designed to ensure that connections are not lost due to phone activity; in the case of call waiting, the system would alert the user to the call and allow the game to be resumed.

XBAND had an official website where a member could check any other player's statistics, along with other information and updates that were not available to view on consoles.

Those prices were savage, no?

Last edited:
Back