• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rayquaza Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I don't see how he'll be powerful enough to defeat them in their Primal forms unless he has a form of his own...
    What if We'll get an Omega Rayquaza, which could end up being the form used to defeat Primal Kyogre, and an Alpha Rayquaza, the form he used to defeat Primal Groudon? Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Water! I'm here for it...

I'm hoping he'll have only one. If he has two, it'll mean neither are his true primal form. I think it'll be Delta Rayquaza even if it doesn't get it's own remake. It'll be a small Emerald like circle...or maybe rectangle since Emeralds are usually depicted as Rectangles while Rubies and Sapphires are usually depicted as circular, with the Delta sign.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I'm hoping he'll have only one. If he has two, it'll mean neither are his true primal form. I think it'll be Delta Rayquaza even if it doesn't get it's own remake. It'll be a small Emerald like circle...or maybe rectangle since Emeralds are usually depicted as Rectangles while Rubies and Sapphires are usually depicted as circular, with the Delta sign.
    More on the two forms, we should really consider the possibility of him having two forms. Maybe one form to combat each of Groudon's/Kyogre's Primal Form?

Years
  • You know, ORAS in lithuanian means "AIR". Coincidence? I think not.

JK. But it wouldn't make sense if Kyogre/Groudon gets Primal version and Rayquaza don't. I mean they would be stronger than him and Rayquaza would loose in a fight. Or maybe their primal forms will be available post-game only. And I like idea of it having two forms, it might happen.

Years
  • I hope that they change up Sky Pillar a bit. For some reason they covered in up behind clouds on the new map. Perhaps the tower and Rayquaza will have a larger role in these remake than they did in RS. In a way to make up for the lack of it's Emerald role.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope that they change up Sky Pillar a bit. For some reason they covered in up behind clouds on the new map. Perhaps the tower and Rayquaza will have a larger role in these remake than they did in RS. In a way to make up for the lack of it's Emerald role.

Maybe we will fight Rayquaza on the clouds ? We never know.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • You know, ORAS in lithuanian means "AIR". Coincidence? I think not.

JK. But it wouldn't make sense if Kyogre/Groudon gets Primal version and Rayquaza don't. I mean they would be stronger than him and Rayquaza would loose in a fight. Or maybe their primal forms will be available post-game only. And I like idea of it having two forms, it might happen.

You know, ORAS in Filipino means "Time". DOUBLE COINCIDENCE? I THINK IMPOSSIBRU!

But it's kinda unfair for Groudon and Kyogre to get Primal Reversion and Rayquaza doesnt. :/ I'm thinking either Rayquaza gets it in a future game or something. :/

Years
  • You know, ORAS in Filipino means "Time". DOUBLE COINCIDENCE? I THINK IMPOSSIBRU!

But it's kinda unfair for Groudon and Kyogre to get Primal Reversion and Rayquaza doesnt. :/ I'm thinking either Rayquaza gets it in a future game or something. :/

She might still get one in ORAS. Thus far we haven't heard anything on her, only the other two.

Years
  • So let's say down the road Primal Rayquaza is confirmed. Why do you guys think they'd prolong its announcement? Why not release it as a package with Groudon and Kyogre? Is it just because the land and sea beasts are in the box art and needed to be explained? If so, why not show it off in one of the E3 trailers? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Years
  • So let's say down the road Primal Rayquaza is confirmed. Why do you guys think they'd prolong its announcement? Why not release it as a package with Groudon and Kyogre? Is it just because the land and sea beasts are in the box art and needed to be explained? If so, why not show it off in one of the E3 trailers? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Well they didn't show Suicune with Ho-oh and Lugia that I can recall. Of course Rayquaza is closer to the other two than Suicune who has no connection (that we know of) to Lugia.

I think they simply want to keep it secret for the time being, just like they did with it in the originals. Maybe they'll have us discover it ourselves. It is the one who started all the hidden third version mascot (well sequels for the case of Kyurem) in the pair versions. I feel that they gave Blaziken a Mega early as a tribute for starting the Fire/Fighting trend and being so popular, so likely Rayquaza will get some awesome as well as it did help establish the patterns of the future third version mascots. Actually the Weather trio and Hoenn's story getting an addition seems like a tribute to Hoenn being the first games to have all legendary mascots who happen to be related too, as well as having a longer, more centralized story compared to the previous games (RGBYGSC). That or it'll get it's own third version Remake where it'll be a star once again! (as a tribute for it's story being the most different compared to it's pair :P )

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    So let's say down the road Primal Rayquaza is confirmed. Why do you guys think they'd prolong its announcement? Why not release it as a package with Groudon and Kyogre? Is it just because the land and sea beasts are in the box art and needed to be explained? If so, why not show it off in one of the E3 trailers? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
    Cause its RS remakes, not Emerald. Simple as that I think. And anyway, it will likely involve some post-game story as well. Personally, I think by September we'll get it, along with cryptic messages about its importance.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Probably because they want to have more focus towards Kyogre and Groudon this time around, and have Rayquaza waiting in the wing. I'm not sure if Rayquaza will have a particular role though, other than most, stop the feud between Kyogre and Groudon, but that only happened in Emerald, in which, I don't exactly think they'll have similar 'Emerald mechanics' in these games, unless they do plan on making a 3rd game for this. So basically, I don't think they would change the role of Rayquaza in pokemon ORAS too much, just as much as they did it for R/S, really. Maybe a few quirks here and there, but, yeah.

Years
  • Cause its RS remakes, not Emerald. Simple as that I think. And anyway, it will likely involve some post-game story as well. Personally, I think by September we'll get it, along with cryptic messages about its importance.

I hope they do. If they give us cryptic messages about it's importance perhaps it'll mean that it'll play some role in the main story, or in some post game story that's important :3

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Yeah, but the word Primal means first, or original. How could it have had two original forms? That'll make little sense.
    In the case of primal groudon and all ogre kyogre, Primal is most likely referring not to first or original, but to primitive, meaning from early in the existence of the world. It's possible that there were a few points during rayquaza's biological evolution that could be used as alternate forms.

Years
  • In the case of primal groudon and all ogre kyogre, Primal is most likely referring not to first or original, but to primitive, meaning from early in the existence of the world. It's possible that there were a few points during rayquaza's biological evolution that could be used as alternate forms.

It'll would've needed to have kept it's power the same while evolving...or rather de-evolving.
    I rather they only give it one as it's current ability (even though it's likely to get a new one too to fit the other two) already allows it to weaken the other two, so no need to give it one to fight each one, especially considering it broke off the fight between the two at once, not having fought each one separately.

Years
  • I feel Emerald version will be the first 3rd game version to get a sequel. (Ex: Crystal and Yellow)
    When Pokemon did a poll several years ago for the most popular pokemon, the winner of it was Rayquaza, and it gave it some interesting moves for the special edition pokemon.

Years
  • Cause its RS remakes, not Emerald. Simple as that I think. And anyway, it will likely involve some post-game story as well. Personally, I think by September we'll get it, along with cryptic messages about its importance.

You mean get the announcement of its confirmation, right? Because by September we won't even have ORAS yet. :c Emerald was absolutely a home run for Game Freak considering Hoenn's overall popularity and the positive reviews for it that can be found on multiple gaming websites and blogs, so in that sense it would be plausible to grant it a remake.

Back