• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recreational Drugs

User19sq

This myth is incredibly unusual to me with how pervasive it is and how many people believe it. I don't wanna link to any drug use sites on here, but this one is fairly easily debunked. LSD is water soluble and leaves your body faster than any CNS depressant, stimulant or narcotic. It is one of the most non-toxic psychoactive substances, and while it is certainly not risk-free, it leaves your body incredibly quickly. I've used it sporadically over the course of several years and I stretch my spine out daily when I exercise then again at night when I go for a walk. Never in my life have I had any concern that I would trigger another LSD trip. It's not possible.

Sounds like you'd know more about this myth than I would. May I ask for a link or two to back this claim, for my sake of being proven wrong?

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Sounds like you'd know more about this myth than I would. May I ask for a link or two to back this claim, for my sake of being proven wrong?

i mean
    it would make just as much sense for you to bring your own proofs to the table as well, as you're running on anecdotal evidence as far as we know lmao

User19sq

it would make just as much sense for you to bring your own proofs to the table as well, as you're running on anecdotal evidence as far as we know lmao

I was gonna before two people made me type a text -wall in Discord. I'll be posting them if I get a response, to not to seem too hasty.

Lucid

Oh geez... I've done a shameful amount of experimenting. I've done alcohol (I've done alcohol sounds hysterical sorry no lmao), weed, cocaine, pain pills, whippits, mushrooms, mescaline, ketamine (I'm missing like 8-10 days of my life with the last one), and a variety of drugs that mimic the effects of what most people refer to as ecstasy and acid. I don't believe that anyone in this thread has done "real" LSD/acid. Drugs evolve over time and that's not always a bad thing. Taking a drug that makes you trip won't make you spontaneously hallucinate anytime you crack your back. That's like saying smoking weed will make you enjoy jazz music and rape white women--it's hysterically outdated, and guys you don't need a specific link as proof so much as you need to acknowledge that a company doesn't produce "LSD" as it does Tylenol or Motrin, there isn't consistency in batches of any drugs. People substitute ingredients and change recipes constantly. Like, big time. Plus a lot of the chemicals required to make real MDMA and LSD are pretty impossible to come by. There are however a bunch of drugs out there that are dirt cheap to make, mimic the effects of these drugs and have to be sent away and tested at a lab for a positive reading because their chemicals change so often. These are the common club drugs that will either make you "roll" or "trip" or a combination of the two. I'm not going to be preachy guys, do what you do. But in my experience whatever your buying as "LSD" probably was made by some random dude in a make shift lab for cheap then sold over the internet via forum (totally a thing) then went through 4 or 5 sets of hands before it reached the person it actually sold it to you. Odds are it hasn't been cut or tampered with other then diluted (everything always comes in powder, but can be pressed ,or turned to capsules or liquid super easy) but there is always a chance of getting a bunk batch or having a bad reaction to the stuff. My ex did this for years, he'd buy a designer drug over the internet, sell it as "acid" or "moly", whatever was going around, and make a killing. A couple of people ended up in the hospital from the same batch/dosage other people were fine over, not just from an overdose but a weird almost allergic reaction. Honestly, even if your dealer is your friend, odds are they're going to prioritize their couple hundred dollars investment over your health every time. Another thing to consider is your mental health when it comes to tripping and rolling, while I seriously doubt either of which will make you loose your fucking mind, the come down will almost always effect your serotonin levels significantly. The people I used to deal with would refer to a batch of drugs as "clean" or not based off of how sever the come down was. I... regret doing a lot as frequently as I did and I think I was hella fortunate never to become addicted to anything. I literally just woke up one morning, decided I was over it and dropped everything. A lot of people I knew didn't. My said ex ODed this January, and while I never found out from what, honestly idk, he was a horrible person. Honestly I think all drugs are be really bad, even weed is becoming more recreational and being bread to produce stronger highs more then medicinal qualities. Moderation in all I guess. If you do indulge, be mindful, with experienced friends in a safe environment and plan ahead. This is coming from 10 years experience and knowledge on my part.

Whoooooooo long post, sry :| I'm gross

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024

Here is a basic explanation of the half-life of LSD and how it is expelled from the body. It's not the most in-depth or recent but it's got good references.

User19sq

Here is a basic explanation of the half-life of LSD and how it is expelled from the body. It's not the most in-depth or recent but it's got good references.

I commend you in providing proof from what looks like a credible source, but I'm not impressed in how lazy you were to keep from getting more than one source... Actually, no, as a lazy f*ck myself, your laziness impresses me too. XDDDD

In conducting my own research, I've actually found a number of sources disproving my own argument. The myth I've resurrected was the result of taking a sociology class in college, whose textbook helped this myth prevail even more (a book as recent as two years ago, no less). The closest to an argument I can make is the idea of an illness known as HPPD, or Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder, which is a hazy illness to begin with that may or may not be caused by hallucinogens, and may or may not even exist. But that's not my argument to make.

I falter my argument to you, my good sir.

Years
    Wow this conversation has blown up. It's nice to see most of you guys are open minded and haven't gone around bashing users. Not that I made this topic for that reason, but I expected more high and mighty blah blah going on.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I ingest weed pretty regularly... Lmao. It helps that I live in a state where it's illegal. I find absolutely nothing wrong with weed as long as you're not getting high at work/important situations but I will never touch any other drug. I was thinking I might like to drop acid once but that would require someone to watch me and make sure I don't like, have a breakdown so that might be too much of a hassle.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I ingest weed pretty regularly... Lmao. It helps that I live in a state where it's illegal. I find absolutely nothing wrong with weed as long as you're not getting high at work/important situations but I will never touch any other drug. I was thinking I might like to drop acid once but that would require someone to watch me and make sure I don't like, have a breakdown so that might be too much of a hassle.

Ditto this, except for the acid part. And in past tense now. Can add Salvia once.

Reactions: noa

Imafroggy

King
    Years
    Marijuana and coke.
    Edibles and smoking for marijuana at parties and sometimes when I just wanna chill.
    Snorted coke at a party.

Being crossed is okay. But I don't think i'm the type to do it often tbh..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was per definition an alcohol addict during my early uni years, and I'm sure it didn't do good things to me. Nowadays I stay away from "shots" (strong unmixed alcoholic beverages) and I seldom have more than one "drink" (mixed stuff) per party. Pretty careful with wine too, as I can clearly feel when it's starting to affect me too much, but beer is at least fine since it's rather easy for me to control how many beers I open and finish lol. It's been years now since I last got properly drunk qnd lost control of my body and mind. It's the absolute worst thing I know, so I doubt I'll ever want to try drugs that can do that even worse.

Maybe it could be nice to try smoking weed though. I stay away from smoking regular cigarrettes since it tastes bad and is proven to be absolutely horrible for your health and those around you.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't do drugs often but I've done a good amount of coke on a few separate occasions and I've gone through a few dozen pounds of weed butter. I still haven't really gotten the hang of the butter, seeing as the past few times I used it I ended up giving myself a panic attack and almost stopped breathing. Reasons why moderation and friendly reminders are key. Such as don't eat an entire box of weed cookies by yourself and then bake and eat a third of a pan of brownies because you still don't really feel anything. And the few times I've done coke it was after over consuming pot and/or alcohol in excess so it really just woke me up. I'm still interested in trying it again when I'm sober, but who knows when I'll have the money to drop on the good shit again. Also want to try shrooms since I missed out on the opportunity for being a wuss a few years back when my dad was growing them. Maybe some acid. Just gotta find the time.

Back