• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue remakes on 3DS

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
  • How amazing would it be if ORAS was a remake of the entire 3rd generation, packaging a remake of R/S and FR/LG? Very, very unlikely, but I used to think that would be pretty cool idea before Hoenn remakes were announced, and before XY came out chock-full of RBY references.

I imagine that Red/Blue will be remade for a 25th Pokemon anniversary special on a different system.

Years
  • We might just see a Yellow remake if Kanto were to be remade (as technically Yellow hasn't been remade), but as much as it'd be interesting in one hand to see Kanto in 3D, the region itself is starting to get old.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • I predict a Kanto based main game for either the 20th or 25th anniversary of the Original Red/ Green.

I think it may be a prequel to Red's Journey. The Kanto War? Oak and Agatha? who knows.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't think a R/B remake would even come out on the 3DS. I also don't really believe in making a remake for a game that already has a remake, it just seems wrong to me. :\

If there was a remake of Yellow though, I'd be up for that. It's the only Gen 1 game that hasn't been touched since release, so it would be nice to see that happen.

Years
  • Pretty doubtful that Nintendo would spend any time working on such a project. Granted, it would be unbelievably cool, and I would probably pay for a copy myself, but there's already a lot on their plate right now, what with ORAS and a possible sequel to X and Y. On paper, it sounds like a great idea and a way to bring new players to Kanto, but if they really wanted to get a taste of the older generations, they could find a way to play FRLG or even the original RBY.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I'm sure they'll remake Red and Blue again. Eventually. But I don't think they would do it this generation. Because it'd mean another year until the next new game. And if there is an additional entry (Pokemon Z or X^2/Y^2 or whatever else) it'd mean at least another year. It'd throw Nintendo's schedule a little out of whack. It'd also be bad to release two remakes one right after another.

But this is the original we're talking about. It's something worth bringing to a new generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that each region should be remade once. After that they should explore other stories in those pre-existing regions if they want to use them again. A story of Kanto (and Johto) during BW's time would be nice to see.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I've honestly gotten sick of Kanto. The region is cool and all, but the story is just bland and going through the story over again would be really boring for me. I think Kanto is a cool region, and would be nice to see in the 3DS since it's one of the few urban regions in Pokemon. I'd much rather see Kanto being released as another story instead of the same story.

Origin Green

Smell ya later!
    Years
  • Don't wanna be a party pooper, but I think a remake of a remake is taking things a bit far...

We have now seen Kanto on GB,GBC,GBA and DS, it's time to give the region I break I think, I mean I replayed Soul Silver the other week, and was shocked at how small Kanto actually is compared to the newer regions!

But yeah after OR/AS I can honestly see Gamefreak stopping with the remakes, I mean, where's the line? Gen 4 remakes? Gen 5 remakes?? Who knows, in 10 years time, Gen 6 remakes?! It's gonna get too much!

Chdonga

Pixel Artist/Spriter
    Years
  • As much as I'd like to see Kanto in Gen 6's 3D artstyle, I'm kind of worried about the changes they would make.
    Pokemon X and Y were the easiest Pokemon games ever. I fear Game Freak would tone down the difficulty for newcomers. Best case scenario we would get a better postgame than those unbelievably underwhelming Sevii Islands.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • It definitely is possible, but GameFreak is just going to start a mainstream of remakes if that happens, and then riots of SINNOH CUMFORMED and then unova and eventually gen 7 comes out, and it'll be a mess. If they do it, it'll most likely be a long time from now, and not in the 2-5 year region from now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Honestly? I can see these happening, but not for a long time. FRLG would be interesting because they are set before HGSS, which was our most recent visit to Kanto. But I can't really see Nintendo releasing 2 remakes in a row.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think this year would've been the best to have done FrLg remakes (or RG remake of remakes as one can call them xD) if they were going to do them as it was the 10th anniversary of those game's releases. Instead GF decided to go for RS remakes for the 10th anniversary of the first pair of remakes (and Emerald which was released in the same year as those remakes in Japan). Now 2016 seems like the best time as it'll be the 20th anniversary of RG's release in Japan. Though if they were going to do so it would mean being part of Gen VI...and two remakes in one generation seems like a lot. Not even Gen III had two pair of remakes despite people having wanted Johto remade too during that time following the original RG remakes.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • To be frank, I have had enough of Kanto for now. I don't dislike Red/Blue but seriously, Kanto appeared in all generations up till Gen5. In X/Y the most powerful Megaevos were given to Kanto Pokemons just to appease to the Gen1 fanbase(I have nothing against them).

I do believe other Gens need be in the spotlight for once.

Years
  • I would love to see a gen 1 Remake in 3D, just as badly as I would love to see a GSC remake in 3D. The only issue is with HGSS coming out not too long ago, I highly doubt they will make a re-remake until Gen 7 at the earliest. Quite honestly, with the new 3D engine, I would prefer a Gen 1 and 2 Remake before a Gen 4 remake.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • I think we may revisit Red in Kanto in 2016, just in time for the 20th Anniversary of the original release of Pokemon Red and Pokemon Green Versions in Japan.

It's quite clear from Pokemon: The Origin and the sheer amount of R/G references in X/Y that Game Freak hasn't forgotten their roots (and why should they. For Satoshi Tajiri and everyone else involved since the beginning, it was a labor of love that they risked everything on and went through all sorts of hell to bring to fruition. With the success that followed those efforts, I don't give them wrong for continuously paying homage to their great work).

Back