• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen red gyarados

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
  • Who of you acually used the red gyarados and raised it in your party and beat the elite for with it, didnt coz that way i would have to get rid of one of my raised party memebers XD

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • I attempted to SR for good IV's but I got so bored I just caught it and kept it in my pc box since I'm no fan of Gyarados anyway. Atleast its adamant natured and not TOTALLY useless. But blergh, he's not that awesome. XD

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • i would never try to SF to get a good nature on the gyarados coz it crap on its attack thats it even though lance uses it and its not even dragon type

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • i would never try to SF to get a good nature on the gyarados coz it crap on its attack thats it even though lance uses it and its not even dragon type

Gyarados can be REALLY good actually, depends on if you play him right and use the right moves. True about Lance though. But I guess its the same as when some of the sinnoh gym leaders have "trump" cards like the ice leaders fighting type.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Nah I didn't use it, I just left it in my PC. But now it is on my Pokewalker and having fun taking walks with my sister. Haha.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
  • Well some people like to have to it. Not many people before HG/SS could say they have a red Gyarados and now most people do.
    Besides there might be some kind of event out on wifi where you have to have the Gyarados on your team or somthing ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    im trying to get a adament nature on it if not instead of it ill uses poliwath slowking slowbro or kingdra

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I might actually catch that red gyarados seeing as one I can not find a marril and two because it's quite rare and it's shiny! yay all hail the shiny gyarados XD

Edit: yay! I just caught that gyarados but battled it with my Flaaffy XP

Last edited:

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I really dislike Gyarados so I just Killed it for some EXP ;)
    Anyway everyone would have one anyay so there was no point catching it, only to gather dust in moi Box :3

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I caught it - Adamant nature with 31 IVs in HP, Attack and Speed. He's also got 23 in Defence, 28 in Special Defence and 29 in Special Attack. It only took me three soft resets so I was delighted! He remains untouched in my PC where he will stay for now. I'll probably EV train him and trade him off eventually. I'm not really into shinies unless it's a completely random encounter.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • I used it in my Japanese Soul Silver, but in my English Heart Gold it's rotting in my PC box, I like my party members too much to replace them.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • I caught it but I won't use it. I was thinking of raising it a bit and using it for my battle against Clair but then realized I had a Lapras and decided to use Lapras instead.

Maco

learning the ropes...
    Years
  • As a change, I caught it and raised it. SR'd for a adamant nature and decent IVs. Now it's lvl 74 and completely rolls the elite four.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • The thing was, I needed a physical water type for Waterfall.

I had Qwilfish, and it was pretty beastly.

Then I saw the huge stat difference between my Speed-deficient Qwilfish and my neutral Gyarados.

Waaaay too big.

Back