• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeon

Programmer
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2013
    I might just make my own AdvanceMap just to challenge myself. I've made other map editors before so this shouldn't be beyond the realm of the impossible. I also told Kawa I was going to make a new EliteMap.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Not sure if this an error or not but I can only edit one part of Route 1 for FireRed.
    Any reason why this would happen? (I'll post a screen shot if you want)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • LU-HO, maybe the next version could have something so that you could
    edit the internal clock or even add an clock in FRLG.

the clock is not a simple thing.
    I don't know how this would work, sorry.

How do you edit the border? I changed the outside of Pallet Town to be rock, but I can't change beyond what's on the screen while I'm editing it. Is there a way to switch what the border is beyond the screen?

you can change the border in the map view of AdvanceMap, it ist at tob right, over the Blockpaletts. You can just paint there as you paint in the map.

Hello!

Well I was using AMAP 1.9 in my rom of FR, after creating 2 new maps it happened that problem when I created the 3rd map and I tried to edit his/her size:

[Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

I had already made that with 2 maps that I had created before and that mistake didn't happen!!
    But using AMAP 1.82 that mistake doesn't happen... I get to INSERT and to INCREASE THE SIZE of the MAP without problems.. but when I open the rom in AM1.9 that mistake turn to happen...

How could that be solved!?

I don't know why this happen exactly, but in the moment i have begin to make a bugfix releas, and i will try to remove this bug also.

I might just make my own AdvanceMap just to challenge myself. I've made other map editors before so this shouldn't be beyond the realm of the impossible. I also told Kawa I was going to make a new EliteMap.

i wish you luck in this project. perhaps we can give each other new ideas.

Not sure if this an error or not but I can only edit one part of Route 1 for FireRed.
    Any reason why this would happen? (I'll post a screen shot if you want)

What do you mean with "only edit one part"?
    yes, pleas show a print screen.

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Ok I was really tired when I tried editing Route 1.
    I did not notice it had a scroll bar for the map. >.>

Sorry for the confusion. :)

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • No, it is not plan to make it open source.
    But in the futur if i end making Romhacking i would make it open source, so it do not "die".
    But, normally you should.. right?
    Jigglypuff said:
    Yeah, I decided to release source code. Feel free to create derivate works from it, as long as you clearly give me credits of my code and make available the sourcecode of derivative programs or programs where you used parts of my code. The new map engine is so good in my opinion, that it would be waste if it was only used in one program. So feel free to use it for creating map editors for other games.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • I had that cannot read bytes beyond end of file thing happen. I was editing a map and I saved it, and then when I went to edit another map the map I went to edit became corrupted. All of my events on that map were set to 0,0 with everything zeroed out. I put them back in and saved and reopened the map and they were erased again.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    hi, This is my first post on these boards, And I only decided to begin researching on pokemon hacking yesterday, so it's safe to say I'm a total n00b. Anyway, I dl'd A-map and tried to open a rom I have of Leaf Green, And everytime I do the program just freezes and I have to shut it down, then the window pops up saying it wasn't responding properly. I tried many different ROM files but the same thing happens.

Anyone know what I should be doing here?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • But, normally you should.. right?

This discussion we have already for 3 or more years.
    I get the source before there was written it is under the GPL.
    Afterwards i ask Jiggly, and i get a special permission form him, so i haven't to release the code.
    and I add credits to him in the About box and on the Splash screen:

and if you don't belief me, you can ask him!

How do you open the script?

By Pressing the "open Script" button or double click the event.
    but you must first select a Scripteditor(respectively a script DECOMPILER):
    Menu settings->choose script editor
    it is only tested wit scriptED. read more on the other sites of this thread.

hi, This is my first post on these boards, And I only decided to begin researching on pokemon hacking yesterday, so it's safe to say I'm a total n00b. Anyway, I dl'd A-map and tried to open a rom I have of Leaf Green, And everytime I do the program just freezes and I have to shut it down, then the window pops up saying it wasn't responding properly. I tried many different ROM files but the same thing happens.

Anyone know what I should be doing here?

The program take a while to open/analyse the rom.
    what version of Windows do you have? AdvanceMap is designed for win 2000/win xp/win vista

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    I have windows XP. 1gb RAM, I hardly have any other programs open whilst attempting to open the ROM. I mean, how long is a while? Cos i was only waiting for like..1 and a half minutes or something. Guess I should just leave it to load?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I have windows XP. 1gb RAM, I hardly have any other programs open whilst attempting to open the ROM. I mean, how long is a while? Cos i was only waiting for like..1 and a half minutes or something. Guess I should just leave it to load?

It shouldn't go very long.
    i would try to wait longer, and with a clean rom.

the strange thing is, on my old pc (don't work any more...) it take the half that it take on my new one, and the new is 5 times faster...
    on the old one i have winXP SP1, on the new one it is winXP SP2 perhaps that is the thing....

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • I am having an error opening a map I saved like Megiddo is.
    I open the map and it gives me an error of "AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file! Please contakt [email protected]"

When I click Ok the error comes up again and then the maps appears with all events at 0,0.

Screenshots attached.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Don't use the Resize function!!!

Hello @ all

I'm work on a BugFix version for AM at the moment.

I found out the problem why the "AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file!" error occurs.

The error is in the Map resize function. It overwrite data form other Maps or the Event data...

therefore:
    do not use the Resize function in AdvanceMap 1.90
    The function delete your data in the Rom and your data are lost, no possibility to get the data back!

I will release the BugFix version as soon as possible.

greetz LU-HO

geno421

Script and Spriter
    Years
  • Hello @ all

I'm work on a BugFix version for AM at the moment.

I found out the problem why the "AdvanceMapError(2): Cannot read bytes behind end of file!" error occurs.

The error is in the Map resize function. It overwrite data form other Maps or the Event data...

therefore:
    do not use the Resize function in AdvanceMap 1.90
    The function delete your data in the Rom and your data are lost, no possibility to get the data back!

I will release the BugFix version as soon as possible.

greetz LU-HO

The map itself is still fine just the events are messed up.
    So with the new fix if I remake the events will that map then be ok to still use? Or should I remake the map?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    so I see...
    that's why my bro has problems when resizing maps. :\
    good thing I never resized any maps, yet.

anyways, just do things slowly, yet surely.
    best of luck~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back