• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
  • Thanks for another update LU-HO! Advance Map is getting better all the time, can't wait to try it out and fix some of the problems that older AMs made to my ROM! XD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I just got 1.91 and then there's 1.92? wow...

may you please share with us the difference and the new features?

*downloads*

edit...

never mind, I saw it now.

again, thanks for making Advance Map. :3

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • - there is now also a great-block function for the Blockeditor (also here its the keystroke Ctrl+right click)

explein this new fonction please

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • I've given up hope on windows 98, and tried it on linux. now it works, but I have 2 problems. 1. when I minimize, I can't get it back. I tried task manager, I tried alt tab, I tried everything. I just can't get it back. but I know it is still there because when I open a new one it says ´advance map (2)´. the other problem is when i do something that causes an error message, the error messages don't stop. it kept popping up error messages until I shut it down (which I had to do manually because the processor was busy popping up your error messages). any help for either of these problems(other than those 2, it works fine).

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I heard Linux is the 'worst' OS ever, since it has 'many' bugs running crazy there... :\

anyways, I can't see the difference between 1.91 and 1.92, but as long as it has more bug fixed, I'm happy.
    thankies, LU-HO~

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Do you have another link? I can't download.
    I now create this new links:
    https://getam.no-ip.info/?v=1.92
    or without short url by no-ip.info:
    https://lu-ho.scizz.com/downloads/getam.php?ver=1.92

Can you please make it compatible with Windows 98? Please...?
    No, i cannot, it's not possible....

hey great!! and good news....uhhh. what's the new functions...
    This are the new Functions:
    - The Amount of Blocks will now be calculated
    - there is now a %-bar on Encounter radio of wildpokemons.
    - the palettes for Tilesets can now saved/loaded in different file formats.
    - there is now also a great-block function for the Blockeditor (also here its the keystroke Ctrl+right click)
    - new options for recent files (under settings)
    - and there is a backup function in file menu

I find every thing good except the encounter ratio as it seems completely different.
    it work same as before, but you can now also choose a value by use the new bar.

- there is now also a great-block function for the Blockeditor (also here its the keystroke Ctrl+right click)

explein this new fonction please
    - open the blockeditor
    - click on a block (on left) that you want to copy.
    - press an hold the Ctrl-key
    - right click on the block paint area, and move the mouse.
    - the selectet Tile will increase to a "greatblock"
    - now release the mouse and releas the ctrl key.
    - you can open a other block
    - now you can paint the selectet "greatblock" on the new opened Block

- or you do not click an move on the block paint area, but on tie tileset image area, the same will happen.

I've given up hope on windows 98, and tried it on linux. now it works, but I have 2 problems. 1. when I minimize, I can't get it back. I tried task manager, I tried alt tab, I tried everything. I just can't get it back. but I know it is still there because when I open a new one it says ´advance map (2)´. the other problem is when i do something that causes an error message, the error messages don't stop. it kept popping up error messages until I shut it down (which I had to do manually because the processor was busy popping up your error messages). any help for either of these problems(other than those 2, it works fine).
    sorry, never test it under linux...
    do you test also with a clean rom?
    do you set the option of windows-emulator(vine?) correct?

i can only ask this question, but cannot help you, sorry....

I heard Linux is the 'worst' OS ever, since it has 'many' bugs running crazy there... :\

anyways, I can't see the difference between 1.91 and 1.92, but as long as it has more bug fixed, I'm happy.
    thankies, LU-HO~

Linux is not a "worse" OS, it work in a other kind. and you have to use oter programs. but now end of Off Topic, pleas do not talk over Linux if it is god or not....

see what i have say to Tre_Al
    if you cannot see a change you don't look good enough^^

Greetz LU-HO

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • I found another bug. If you use the show sprites option in the trainer tower maps, it'll say $xxxxxx is not a pointer, please contact LU-HO and will not show the right sprites.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Lu-Ho, I can tell you thought of me when you put that feature in.
    It did take some serious hacking of my calls to CreateFileA, but it was worth it.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • It doesn't create a desktop shortcut...

I add only a question for this on the first start of AM, on the Enduser Agreement, so it will not appear a second time/on BugFix Version.

But you can rightclick the AdvanceMap.exe and press "Send To"->"Desktop, create Shurtcut" and it will create a new one.

Lu-Ho, I can tell you thought of me when you put that feature in.
    It did take some serious hacking of my calls to CreateFileA, but it was worth it.

hm? which feature?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Another problem. When I inserted a new map, coming from a .map file, as a new map in a bank, it became PALETT TOWN. I did this in a clean rom too.

What do you mean with "it became PALETT TOWN"?
    the Name of an new map will have the same name. you must change the "nameindex" that should be used in the header view.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back