• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Remove a Sinnoh Pokemon from existence

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Oh lord, Phione for sure. Sinnoh has far too many "legendary" Pokémon to begin with, and this one was just annoying overall.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I don't think any of the gen4 mons deserve to be 'removed'. Not because I like almost all of them, but because my least fav ones from this gen don't really qualify for not existing. My least favourite gen4 poke is Staravia, but if it didn't exist, the other Starly line members, who I actually like, won't exist either. I've always found Heatran and Regigigas to be worthless legendaries, but I wouldn't consider that they shouldn't exist just for that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Why not? If they're not useful and their designs/lore are lackluster, why not drop them? Starly could have evolved straight to Staraptor, as Spearow to Fearow. The others were hardly relevant. So why keep them?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Why not? If they're not useful and their designs/lore are lackluster, why not drop them? Starly could have evolved straight to Staraptor, as Spearow to Fearow. The others were hardly relevant. So why keep them?

That's not the way I see it. If a single mon were to become non-existant, I could feel that it's line would end up the same fete as well.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Okay, but what about this way: They never existed at all. Like, you went back in time and removed it in the development stage.

Years
    Here it is: Rhyperior. Those of you that say Rhyperior isn't that bad and that it's stats are decent, I'd like you to observe the well crafted diagram I have provided in the spoiler below. It provides a well explained difference between Rhyperior's stats and Rhyperior's appearance being in the innermost part of said diagram. While Rhyperior's and Rhydon's movesets are fairly the same, Rhyperior mars the appearance of one of Generation I's most used Pokémon. Even though it has superior stats, it's appearance/existence is far to damaging to the fact that Rhyperior may have very well barred Rhydon from being eligible for receiving a Mega Evolution.

Once again, I think the well graphed diagram pretty much sums up my opinion nicely, as someone else has already done the data collection and research that needs to be done regarding such matters. It also gathered data on whether it's appearance is marring enough to bar its common usage. I hope you find the diagram useful and easy to understand. Some people may not get it right away because it might confuse some, so ask me if you have any trouble. There is a lot of data to look at.
    Spoiler:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    I'm gonna represent gender equality and say that Vespiquen shouldn't be a thing! It just makes male Combee's feel so inadequate haha. They could've just had Combee as a Pokémon completely there to make honey for the games and for it to be a forgettable 'mon but NOPE!!!

I actually kinda like Vespiquen but that's what I thought of hahaha. I don't actually think I'm showcasing gender quality.

Years
    I'm gonna represent gender equality and say that Vespiquen shouldn't be a thing! It just makes male Combee's feel so inadequate haha. They could've just had Combee as a Pokémon completely there to make honey for the games and for it to be a forgettable 'mon but NOPE!!!

I actually kinda like Vespiquen but that's what I thought of hahaha. I don't actually think I'm showcasing gender quality.

I actually forgot about this haha! Imagine getting a shiny Combee but it turns out to be male! Ack!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Burmy and it's evolution line need a mention.
    And Bronzor line please. I always hate running into them and Bronzongs.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Pachurisu. We already have an original electric rodent we don't need any clones thank you. That goes out to pretty much all the Pikachu clones in each generation.

Years
    Burmy and it's evolution line need a mention.
    And Bronzor line please. I always hate running into them and Bronzongs.

I actually like the Bronzong. II think Bronzong would have looked better without arms though... I agree with you on Burmy though absolute trash. Garbage stats and a stupid mechanic. To each their own I guess.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    I actually forgot about this haha! Imagine getting a shiny Combee but it turns out to be male! Ack!

I never even thought of this omg think of that heartbreak! That being said though Shiny Combee in general looks pretty gross haha.

Years
    I'd remove Burmy and Wormadam, because the Cloak gimmick is kind of unnecessary, and they're weak and pretty rare, so there's no reason to have one. I like Mothim for some weird reason, though.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I wouldn't shed a single tear if Lickilicky disappeared from this earth.

Did I say those pink thing scares me SOOOOO much in the anime (And I was a grown up by the time that movie was shown...) that I totally forgot about this Pokemon?

To be honest it sends my hair standing when I saw it's name again now.

Back