• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
  • Hey, Maruno: I noticed another bug.
    In fact, if a Pokémon has Life Orb and uses a multi-target move, like Earthquake for example, it takes recoil damage from Life Orb for each Pokémon struck by its move.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    By "Unmodified", I'll take using the demo.

From important to meaningless:
    Critical (Crash):
    On "Download a file", Script 'SpriteWindow' line 1103: RGSSError ocurred. Failed to load bitmap.
    Warning (Just a message of 'this went wrong')
    On "Your real world location", Couldn't retrieve the location information (any PC and many locations)
    Graphical:
    You can start running right when a battle starts.

I'm sorry if any of these was already reported. I tried the search option by the top of pokecommunity, but it got me a lot of unrelated posts instead. Also, I have noticed a couple more but it might because I don't have RPG Maker XP on this computer.

Thanks for your attention and your work.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The border (activated on Options Menu) disappears when a scene was loaded with pbLoadRpgxpScene, like PokéGear. Here the fix:
    At PSystem_Utilities script section change the first line 'if !o.disposed? && o.visible' into 'if !o.disposed? && o.visible && (!$ResizeBorder || $ResizeBorder.sprite.bitmap!=o.bitmap)' and, in Sprite_Resizer script section, after line 'class ScreenBorder' add line 'attr_reader :sprite'.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Can anyone confirm this bug? A Fully EVed in attack adamant M.Ray fails to OHKO an uninvested Arceus even though MRay is carrying a Life Orb, and if used with a CHoice Band he hits even less.

Never mind I found out the issue, the PBS had it listed as a Special move

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can anyone confirm this bug? A Fully EVed in attack adamant M.Ray fails to OHKO an uninvested Arceus even though MRay is carrying a Life Orb, and if used with a CHoice Band he hits even less.

Never mind I found out the issue, the PBS had it listed as a Special move
    Probably the one thing you failed to mention was which move you were using. Is it an error in Essentials that the move you're thinking of is listed as Special rather than Physical?

For the record, I for one don't know what an MRay is. Mega Rayquaza? You're in no rush to post here; you can (and should) take the time to write things out fully. Keep all the jargon and nicknames to the competitive battling section of this forum. Also, if you're going to say something like this, provide numbers as well (both what you'd expect and what you actually got) - it helps our analysis.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I found an bug present since Poccil era!

At Pokémon Storage go to "Move Pokémon" option. While you hold a pokémon in your party, select the option "Store", the game crashes.

To fix it, change line 'elsif @storage[box,index].mail' into 'elsif(heldpoke || @storage[box,index]).mail'.

Years
  • When your Pokemon (Zoroark) is under an Illusion to make it look like another Pokemon, the AI doesn't pretend to think the Illusion is real. It goes straight into calculating type effectiveness as if it were fighting a Zoroark.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    After testing this issue in a fresh copy of essentials, I can confirm that (for whatever reason), the player can be prompted to surf if they press the action button anywhere on a bridge tile that is above a water layer.

vWAbO4H.png

I've tried setting the terrain tag of the bridge tiles to 0 and 13 multiple times, and in both cases the player can still be prompted to surf when the action button is pressed. What makes this problem worse is that if the player does choose to surf, they cannot "land" back onto the bridge because for whatever reason the bridge tiles are treated like water while the player is surfing. I have no idea what is causing this, but it has broken several of my maps which worked perfectly fine in an older version of essentials. I noticed that the terrain tag script differs from my older copy, and I'm wondering if there was an oversight when detecting water in the newer version, because the player seems to be detecting the water underneath the bridge tiles and trying to surf when they shouldn't be.

If anyone is interested in replicating this issue, just create a map with water tiles on a lower layer, and then bridge tiles on an upper layer, and try pressing the action button when facing an adjacent bridge tile.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    In PokeBattle_AI, Fell Stinger's entry is as follows:
    Code:
    when 0x150
          score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?(:ATTACK) && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)
    As a result, any trainer-owned Pokemon that has Fell Stinger will pull up an error and not attack.
    Code:
    when 0x150
          score+=20 if !attacker.pbTooHigh?[B][COLOR=Red](PBStats::ATTACK)[/COLOR][/B] && opponent.hp<=(opponent.totalhp/4)
    This is what it should be instead.

Ryz

Years
  • I seem to get this error every time I try to add an item with the editor.

I don't know if this is known or there's a fix. Just pointing it out.

I'm no good at Ruby... I know the basics.
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

Compiler:387:in `[]'

Compiler:387:in `csvquote'

Editor:464:in `pbSaveItems'

Editor:453:in `each'

Editor:453:in `pbSaveItems'

Editor:449:in `open'

Editor:449:in `pbSaveItems'

Editor2 #####:68:in `pbItemEditorNew'

Editor2 #####:174:in `pbItemEditor'

Editor2 #####:155:in `pbListScreenBlock'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\manis\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    intimidate on a pokemon with contrary doesn't work.
    sound effects repeating for a long time for no apparent reason.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    There are more than a couple of sound effects in Essentials. Which one(s) are you referring to?

The only one I remember off the top of my head is the "bump" sound effect. I will edit this if I remember/encounter any more.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • If two trainers notice you at the same time, and you only have one Pokemon, they will battle you separately even if you have a partner trainer with you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    Whirlwind acts a bit funny: Against a trainer it'll say "X sent out NAME!", then spikes/toxic spikes/stealth rock shows it's message, before finally it says "NAME was dragged out!"

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Hi, my mega evolutions are working however it does not revert so of course i look up a solution and find these two script command that fixes them:
    def makeUnmega
    v=MultipleForms.call("getUnmegaForm",self)
    if v!=nil; self.form=v
    elsif isMega?; self.form=0
    end
    end
    ==========================
    def makeUnprimal
    v=MultipleForms.call("getUnprimalForm",self)
    if v!=nil; self.form=v
    elsif isPrimal?; self.form=0
    end
    end
    =========================
    I put them in the place they were supposed to be and I get a syntax error, what do I do?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You haven't done it properly. My directions are quite clear, and if you can't follow them, that's not my problem. Show us what you've actually done (rather than say "I put it where it was supposed to go").

Years
  • In def class PokeBattle_Move_0A4 < PokeBattle_Move:

Code:
        elsif @battle.field.effects[PBEffects::MistyTerrain]>0
          if [COLOR="Red"]![/COLOR]opponent.pbCanReduceStatStage?(PBStats::SPATK,attacker,false,self)
            opponent.pbReduceStat(PBStats::SPATK,1,attacker,false,self)
            return
          end
        end

It's need to remove the exclamation point after the if statement.

EDIT: In def class PokeBattle_Move_096 < PokeBattle_Move:

Code:
      def pbEffectAfterHit(attacker,opponent,turneffects)
        if turneffects[PBEffects::TotalDamage]>0[COLOR="Red"]>0[/COLOR]
          attacker.pbConsumeItem
        end
      end

It's need to remove the red part.

Last edited:
    Back