• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
  • Here is what I have to say about the rep system being turned off. I truly don't know why anyone cares. They are little green and red boxes. When people judge people on reputation, it is not fair. It may be rep abuse or not know what they are doning. Some people who have huge amounts of reps are not that nice. It doesn't matter if they have red boxes or green boxes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    I am, and I don't care... O.o, the staff need to know that they're not the only ones involved in PC as they think they are...
    Okay, tell me what the members do? We give you guys a place to post and a place to have fun and spend your free time. Otherwise, we do run this place, no matter how you look at it, the staff does run PC and we've all been here for years, so we know what we're doing.

Chibi, this is why we (the staff) talk about things outside of member view. We talked about all the good and bad that could have come from this, and we talked about it for a long time.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Digital Phoenix said:
    Ever heard of the saying, 'Put up or shut up'? You're getting really annoying here, straggling about like you own PC. But you don't. And you think they'll bring rep back because one member left, one of which, might I add, frequently abused their privileges with that system? Haha. No. Now THAT would make everyone leave.
    Ty? like you said before about YOUR opinion, this is HIS opinion! Say it over PM....I don't exactly like people openly dissing like that. Paul doesnt act like he owns PC and hes NOT telling people what to think!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Digital Phoenix said:
    Since you referred to everybody, I must disagree. I'm not forcing my opinion down anybody's throats, so to speak, but rather providing facts based on my own experience. ^_^; Sorry if it came across that way.

And I WAS referring to everyone, I don't like how ugly this is getting =D So few people are saying anything coherent right now...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    Dude wow, you give time, haha that's nothing... it's your choice, it don't mean you should get all the power, now does it?
    You really have no idea how hard running a place as big as PC is do you? You're more or less saying "screw the staff", well there are rules here for the good of every member, and you're starting to break a few.

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • I'm not shoving opinions down anyones throat o.O; I can speak for many people, we want rep o.O, don't you think PC staff are kinda be asses about it? Just because they want it gone it's gone, if someone abuses it, who is it hurting? what is it hurting? why take away all rep? OMG NO I BROKE A RULE??!?!?!?!?! I'M SO SCARED!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Ever heard of the saying, 'Put up or shut up'? You're getting really annoying here, straggling about like you own PC. But you don't. And you think they'll bring rep back because one member left, one of which, might I add, frequently abused their privileges with that system? Haha. No. Now THAT would make everyone leave.
    dude, chill. that's not a way to talk to a fellow candidate. and it's not like that member has even left yet. he keeps trying to get the last word... it's annoying.
    (edit... i assumed that your post was directed at paul, if it was directed at the whiner, i take back what i said)

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I'm not disrespecting the staff! You all do do stuff, I'm not saying you sit and do nothing! I stated awhile back that you all are staff for a reason. I DO understand how hard it is to run PC, I'm just saying that it is hard for most members to adapt to a sudden change when the admin have thought over it for a long time....thats all

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    I'm not shoving opinions down anyones throat o.O; I can speak for many people, we want rep o.O, don't you think PC staff are kinda be asses about it? Just because they want it gone it's gone, if someone abuses it, who is it hurting? what is it hurting? why take away all rep?
    Here's the thing, you don't speak for everyone, you speak for yourself. This is one thread where a few people have posted, not every member of PC. And like I said, it's not just because we want it gone, it's because it was hurting members. We did talk about this for a long time, we talked about everything about this, and yes, we knew this would be the aftermath from members, but as it stands, rep isn't going to come back. BTW, watch you can and will be banned if you don't keep in line. Voice your opinion in a respectfull manner, but break too many rules and we will have to deal with you.

Kurosaki

I'm not shoving opinions down anyones throat o.O; I can speak for many people, we want rep o.O, don't you think PC staff are kinda be asses about it? Just because they want it gone it's gone, if someone abuses it, who is it hurting? what is it hurting? why take away all rep? OMG NO I BROKE A RULE??!?!?!?!?! I'M SO SCARED!
    Wow, now you're acting immature. That really makes us take what you say seriously. -.-

Anyways, this thread is getting us nowhere. Bottom line is though, rep is gone right now, and no matter how much you whine it wont change right now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    I can get the last word if I want o.O... HOW THE HELL WAS IT HURTING MEMBERS? EXPLAIN?
    Threads like the ones I linked to and that you probably didn't read. Those are three out of the countless amount of threads on rep abuse.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Well, this argument is going to amount to nothing in the end, so I'm through with it =/ I recommend you all follow suit and try to at least have a moment's peace here...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • I'm tired of this thread. The higher staff have been here for a long time, done their job right, and earned promotions out of it. They were given the power to make these decisions. So when they use their power to stop the members abusing the system, it's wrong? Yeah, I thought so too.

ryan said:
    dude, chill. that's not a way to talk to a fellow candidate. and it's not like that member has even left yet. he keeps trying to get the last word... it's annoying.
    (edit... i assumed that your post was directed at paul, if it was directed at the whiner, i take back what i said)
    It was directed at Paul, yes. And the elections are but a minority, they shouldn't affect the way we communicate with one another. Plus he was threatening to leave, if you read.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Mihara said:
    Here's the thing, you don't speak for everyone, you speak for yourself. This is one thread where a few people have posted, not every member of PC. And like I said, it's not just because we want it gone, it's because it was hurting members. We did talk about this for a long time, we talked about everything about this, and yes, we knew this would be the aftermath from members, but as it stands, rep isn't going to come back. BTW, watch you can and will be banned if you don't keep in line. Voice your opinion in a respectfull manner, but break too many rules and we will have to deal with you.

._. so now how exactly are we supposed to show if we disaprove or approve of another's posts? Say it on the thread? That would be flamming right? If we said it over PM, that could become lots of PM clogging. I thought rep was good...IMO....

IM NOT TRYING TO DISS ADMIN! Sheesh people! Just expressing my opinion to them doesnt mean I hate them! >_<

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    It didn't actually "hurt" anyone, people may have gotten mad because a n00b of some sort gave them bad rep, go cry about it... <.<
    Okay, here's the thing, you're opinions are not the same as everyone's so stop thinking that they are.

Chibi, you make a thread, or post here and post good reasons. How it can make PC a better place, how rep abuse can be kept down (because we can't look at EVERY rep that goes through) and not because you want it back yourself, or because you think it's fun. The truth is, I want rep back, I like rep, but will it help PC in the long run? Hell no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back