• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reputation is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
  • Chibi-chan said:
    ._. so now how exactly are we supposed to show if we disaprove or approve of another's posts? Say it on the thread? That would be flamming right? If we said it over PM, that could become lots of PM clogging. I thought rep was good...IMO....

IM NOT TRYING TO DISS ADMIN! Sheesh people! Just expressing my opinion to them doesnt mean I hate them! >_<
    You aren't. If you approve of a post, good for you. If you disapprove of a post, good for you. If you find a post that breaks the rules, report it. Simple.

Replying wouldn't be any moreso 'flaming' than giving a rep, unless of course the rep you gave had no comment, which is, in all retrospects, rep abuse. See what I mean?

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • I know people that feel the same way, look at mewthree... He feels the same way, I'll speak for me and him then... Mihara what did you do to become mod or whatever the hell you are? You were very active and posted alot and the recognized you! omg, that's not that hard to be active... I know many people better suited... Look at scizz, Jeremy, Mau Reese...

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Hm...
    Mixed thoughts concerning this.
    1) I agree, rep was indeed abused far too much, and I have witnessed this so many times over the past year.
    2) But there were a few times that I did encounter reps that made sense...So I'm half-half about the decision, but it's not my place to decide now is it? =P
    So...we'll see what happens I guess~

~Eli

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Mihara said:
    Okay, here's the thing, you're opinions are not the same as everyone's so stop thinking that they are.

Chibi, you make a thread, or post here and post good reasons. How it can make PC a better place, how rep abuse can be kept down (because we can't look at EVERY rep that goes through) and not because you want it back yourself, or because you think it's fun. The truth is, I want rep back, I like rep, but will it help PC in the long run? Hell no.
    .-. unfortunately it's not....I understand your point now...I'll try to think of an idea, but now I think I might not be able to...oh well....I think I've stated all I can say....

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    mihara got modded because he was dedicated to PC and had intelligent things to say in his posts... unlike some people... *cough* accident *cough*

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • Have you ever made something and got rep for it? Makes you feel good don't it? Makes you feel like making more, making it better, ect. It just makes you feel good and know that you did something good...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    I know people that feel the same way, look at mewthree... He feels the same way, I'll speak for me and him then... Mihara what did you do to become mod or whatever the hell you are? You were very active and posted alot and the recognized you! omg, that's not that hard to be active... I know many people better suited... Look at scizz, Jeremy, Mau Reese...
    I became a mod because I wrote a long guide to anime and manga and because I was very helpful in the Anime/Manga area, but that was almost a year ago and has nothing to do with this thread.

And like I said, this a big thread, but because the same people are posting in it, not all of PC like you seem to think. If a member wants to leave, let them, it's just sad to leave over something like rep.

AcCiDeNT

Years
  • read the post above <.<, I used to love PC, but now it has become n00b infected... Especially the hacks showcase, people PMing me 24/7 o.O, people can turn their rep off in user CP if they wanted to so bad...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    read the post above <.<, I used to love PC, but now it has become n00b infected... Especially the hacks showcase, people PMing me 24/7 o.O, people can turn their rep off in user CP if they wanted to so bad...
    Out of the...oh look, half a year you've been here? Most of the staff have been here for over two years, the ones that made the choice for rep to go anyway.

And like I said, even if you turn rep off, it still effects the rep. Your points go down and you see the comments.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • AcCiDeNT said:
    I know people that feel the same way, look at mewthree... He feels the same way, I'll speak for me and him then... Mihara what did you do to become mod or whatever the hell you are? You were very active and posted alot and the recognized you! omg, that's not that hard to be active... I know many people better suited... Look at scizz, Jeremy, Mau Reese...
    Open your eyes. There's over 13,000 members here. You and mewthree are 2 members. 2 out of 13,000 members, does that look like a good comparison to you? Sure doesn't for me.

And you're just looking for trouble now. To me, you're just a tree falling in a forest after being hacked off your hinges. In other words, stop trying to annoy people, because you're succeeding, and will regret it later.

AcCiDeNT said:
    wow, comments that's really gonna hurt someone right there <.< and who cares if the staff has been here over 2 years... Half a year 2 years 3 years, it doesn't really matter...
    Who said he was trying to hurt anybody? Gawd, it's like your life purpose is to flame others on the internet. Knock it off already.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    AcCiDeNT said:
    wow, comments that's really gonna hurt someone right there <.< and who cares if the staff has been here over 2 years... Half a year 2 years 3 years, it doesn't really matter...
    It means you've probably been here long enough to see real change at PC and not what really isn't that much in the grand scale of it. So stop thinking just because it doesn't effect you when you get a rude comment that it won't effect others, you do not speak for all of PC.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • *idea* We have now put it so no one has any rep....

is there a way we can hide our rep and others rep like we have an option to hide other's avatars and sigs? =D
    Or could we make it so those with disabled rep dont see comments and such? Just an idea....

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Ok this post might look hard, well it is (look at it was mean, hard, harsh whatever). I am going to speak my mind on this post, and if you don't like it then too bad. If you don't want to hear my views on rep and the members that's leaving over it, then stop reading right now.

The Rep System itself.
    I myself like the rep system (if it was just up to me I would leave it on). I loved getting good rep from members on posts that I put lots of hard work into. When I got good rep on them posts it made me happy. The sad thing is, I rarely got rep that way. All of you are thinking "Well you had a gold block so you got lots of rep". Yea I did get a good bit of rep, but 99.9% of the rep I got was on posts that didn't mean anything, most of it was posts like in the DCC. And that's why the whole rep system went out the window ages ago. And then you got members crying about the bad rep they got. "Oh I got a bad rep, delete it for me because they hurt my feelings", I can understand deleting swearing and flaming rep. But I had members that would PM me about bad rep, not flaming or anything like that, it was red so they wanting it gone. And that is just stupid, we had bad rep turned on for a reason. And that reason wasn't so that Admins/Praetors could go around deleting bad rep. And I also got sick of all the stupid n00b threads in Q&F, yapping about rep (I am also pissed off at all the n00bs that don't read the FAQ threads or the FAQ on the NavBar, I guess we have them there just to fill up the forum). Questions on this or that, and a lot of them questions were answered in the FAQ and threads that done came up before. We had FAQ on just rep (go to the Tech forum and you'll see them) but that didn't work because n00bs (and I might add some older members) would still ask questions on rep. PMs, threads, IMs everywhere you turned something about rep was going on. It's crazy how many threads in Q&F are about rep (I'm sure you could take them all and put them in 10 threads, most of the questions asked has done been asked 100 times before).

Members leaving because they think they are to blame for this.
    This is to all of you members like CFG that is thinking about leaving because you think you are to blame for this. Please, don't leave PC. This whole rep thing has been going on forever. Ever since the big rep rush where members would get in groups and rep each other just to get more green blocks. You are not to blame for this turning off of rep. This thing has been going on and off for a very long time now, CFG says he might leave because of this, because he thinks he's to blame for this. We have been planing this longer then he's been a member on PC, we have been planing it longer then a lot of you have been members on PC. The over all rep system is totally screwed up and I don't think it would ever get back to the way it was before the rep rush started. All of you that is thinking about leaving because you think you're to blame for this, please don't leave. It's not worth leaving over (if all of you knew that happened to me once on PC then this would look like a small thing).

Members leaving because they don't like it being turned off.
    And this is for all of you pissy members that's going to or done left PC.
    Good riddance. I don't care if you like this or not. But leaving over rep is the stupidest, dumbest, most idiotic thing. If you want to leave over rep then leave, and I hope you trip on the way out (because if you did like PC and you did leave over rep then you will wish you didn't). I don't give a flip about the members that's going to leave over a stupid thing like rep. Because they are
    A: Don't care about their friends/threads/posts ect on PC.
    B: They are too stupid to think and reason that rep isn't worth it (I'm not talking about the members that wants to keep rep. I'm talking about the ones that is leaving PC only because rep is gone).
    C: Some member that says he/she is going to leave just to get the Staff to go "OMG don't leave, we will turn it back on if you don't leave".
    You came to PC to post about something (even forum spammers post their forum or PM their forum), it might have been your site, or games, or art, or fanfic, or whatever. You didn't come here to get higher rep. You came here for something other then how reputation points you can get. If you came here just to get good rep then go on, leave and have fun out there too. If you're going to leave over a few stupid green blocks then you shouldn't have joined in the first place.

I don't care if this post offended anyone, pissed them off, or made them really mad. I am posting my views on this whole rep matter, and I don't care if you agree with it or not (like I said in the top of the post "if you don't like it then too bad"). The only person I cared about when making this post is me, not any other member that posted in this thread.

ForPortCity

www.forport.com
    Years
  • All you MODS are n00bz the only reason you guys are MODS is because all the good ones quit XD so I wuoldn't be talking you freaking wimpz.

Kurosaki

Uh, how will i regret it? haha they're gonna ban me? that's great I don't care about a banning... Banning doesn't mean anything, you can get around a banning lmao...
    Haha yeah, I am gonna ban ya! =D!!
    You've had more then enough warnings! =D!!!
    Make another account and it'll get longer too! =D!!!

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • AcCiDeNT said:
    Uh, how will i regret it? haha they're gonna ban me? that's great I don't care about a banning... Banning doesn't mean anything, you can get around a banning lmao...
    You know, if you'd even take the time to evade a ban on a forum that is run by people you quite clearly hate, that's just sad. Plus, ban evasion is illegal. It's as easy as resolving your IP, going to your ISP's website, and reporting you. Sound fun?

Gawd, Arcy. o_o; I think that wins the thread.

ForPortCity said:
    All you MODS are n00bz the only reason you guys are MODS is because all the good ones quit XD so I wuoldn't be talking you freaking wimpz.
    Your brain seems to be asleep. Please retain your so-called intelligence and then try again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    ForPortCity said:
    All you MODS are n00bz the only reason you guys are MODS is because all the good ones quit XD so I wuoldn't be talking you freaking wimpz.
    In the past year, one mod has quit. The others didn't leave because they wanted to, so rethink what you're saying before you end up banned. Yes, bashing the staff as a whole like that is flaming.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Rayquaza-San said:
    It was very sad indeed Jorge. I mean, look at how many people argue about rep. This is getting us nowhere. People are arguing about minature sized versions of progress reports. O.o;

If a member wants to leave, then I could care less though.
    Is it just me, or are you repeating things over and over? o.0 Could you...stop?

BTW: I agree with Andy entirely. Bad rep? Big whoop. Everyone gets them....like everyone's been annoyed with n00b spam. ThE CQ&F....is there a way that you could while they're making a thread post as a note READ THE FAQ FIRST like you do with the character limit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back