• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    Okay, here's my current movesets for my SS team. (I think once I beat the E4 I'll transfer part/all of my teams from Platinum)

Ampharos

Lv 46
    Signal Beam
    Charge
    Discharge
    Thunderpunch

Togetic
    Lv 40
    Fly
    Ancient Power
    Extrasensory
    Headbutt

Staryu
    Lv 44
    Swift
    Surf (Yeah, not gonna do HP... the accuracy thing is a problem. ^-^;;; )
    Recover
    (blank... deleted Flash since I needed it for Lugia and was too lazy to exit, fly back to get a "slave", and come alllllll the way back.)

Typhlosion
    Lv 45
    Quick Attack
    Swift
    Smokescreen
    Flamethrower

Umbreon
    Lv 45
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Ball
    Faint Attack
    Iron Tail

Last slot still Open
    Still debating on my Dragonite (lv 100, Outrage, Thunder, Ice Beam, and Earthquake), or something else. >_> Any suggestions that might work with my team?

Anyways... any suggestions/ideas? I've only used about two or three TM's/HM's, and mostly level-ups, and it's... okay I suppose. O_o; Need more info on them?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    @ Above, needs more Natures (also, anything works in game)

EDIT: I R DUMB AND DON"T KNOW THREDS!

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    @ Gamer, wrong thread noob.

Bashful is in general a nature you don't want, since it doesn't raise any stats at all. Jolly is a nature that ups speed, and decreases SpA, and since Togekiss usually wants to be a sweeper that relies on her Special Attack stat, you don't really want to shoot yourself in the foot. Brave on Staryu is not good for the exact same reason, a Brave nature = +Attack and - Speed, which ruins half of the reason why it is used. Lax is also in general an inferior nature no matter what, as you don't really want to decrease one of your defences for an increase of another. Brave, however, is a useful nature on an Umbreon, since its speed already is quite sub-par. I suck at rating teams, (and since this is in-game I guess it is no need to rate it), though you could put Payback >>> Faint Attack on Umbreon since it'll go last on most occasions anyway, and you could couple it up w/ Curse, Rest, and Sleep Talk in order to make a boosting tank?

Last edited:

Spike Kintarin

Years
    @ Gamer, wrong thread noob.

Bashful is in general a nature you don't want, since it doesn't raise any stats at all. Jolly is a nature that ups speed, and decreases SpA, and since Togekiss usually wants to be a sweeper that relies on her Special Attack stat, you don't really want to shoot yourself in the foot. Brave on Staryu is not good for the exact same reason, a Brave nature = +Attack and - Speed, which ruins half of the reason why it is used. Lax is also in general an inferior nature no matter what, as you don't really want to decrease one of your defences for an increase of another. Brave, however, is a useful nature on an Umbreon, since its speed already is quite sub-par. I suck at rating teams, (and since this is in-game I guess it is no need to rate it), though you could put Payback >>> Faint Attack on Umbreon since it'll go last on most occasions anyway, and you could couple it up w/ Curse, Rest, and Sleep Talk in order to make a boosting tank?

Oy, yeah, I'm usually too impatient to work on "perfecting" natures through breeding/catching. ^-^;;; Kinda my downfall.

So, basically on Umbreon: Payback, Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk? Is that right?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Ya. I suppose you could run Focus Blast|Discharge/T-Bolt|Signal Beam|[Filler] on Amphy too, should give you something to use vs those nasty steels and rock-types that think they can spoil your fun.

Spike Kintarin

Years
    Ya. I suppose you could run Focus Blast|Discharge/T-Bolt|Signal Beam|[Filler] on Amphy too, should give you something to use vs those nasty steels and rock-types that think they can spoil your fun.

Mmk... Makes sense.

BTW, on Umbreon, instead of Curse (since I think I'd have to re-breed), would there be any other substitute for that...? I was thinking maybe Toxic? It may not boost my Att/Def, but it could at least cause a bit of damage.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    ok then, thanks for the help :). i also have this set for a wall breaking magmortar:

magmortar @ life orb
    mild: 60 atk, 252 sp.atk, 196 speed
    cross chop
    earthquake
    fire blast
    thunderbolt

any ideas/ suggestions?

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    @ OD

Thanks, but there are few things that I need to address:
    1) The Growlithe is a shiny, so that is a "no" on the breeding
    2) I have enough heart scales
    3) Also you can get heart scales in the underground

The reason why I asked if I can go to the Move Tutor is because some pokemon that was evolved at a later level, then they can't learn that spefic move, even at the tutor, because they could have only gotten that move once they evolved at their right level.

I learned that the hard way with my Cherubi.

Anyway, I was just asking if a Arcanine could learn the move ExtremeSpeed both at level 39 and at the Move Tutor if the Arcanine/Growlithe was evoled?

Also I ment other moves to teach him if I can't get ExtremeSpeed, like as in TM's or from the Move Tutor people.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    If you evolve it at lvl 39 or higher (such as you would in your case w/ it learning FB at lvl 48), then you'll be able to find the move as well as T-fang at the move relearner, yes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Good Pokemon Moves?

Hey guys Mewtrice here! Well I might as well start posting some where :P! Anyway my question is what do you guys out there think would be the best moves for Gengar and Alakazam to learn??? I have been wondering what the best moves for these Pokemon would be for a while now and I was wondering if some of you out there could help me out?

BTW Im pretty sure this is the right place to post this it is called Strategies and "Movesets".

Anyway I hope some of you can help me out here :)!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Erm, so is this for in-game or competitive battling? If it's for in-game... then... yeah...
    If however you are wondering for competitive battling, then you're going to need to give us a better description. What positions are these guys taking? Are you using a physical game, or Shoddy? Stuff like that.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Alakazam is pretty awful, since its Pursuit/Sucker Punch bait. Gengar has a variety of options, but Smogon's analysis is down atm and I don't know any off the top of my head.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Moves that make them hard to beat in a battle K?

BTW Alakazam is the best psychic pokemon I could find.If you know any better tell me please???

Anyone responding?? ima geting old!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Gyarados @ Life Orb
    EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -----
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    Dragon Dance

On this particular set, what are some counters to watch out for apart from bulky waters like suicune, vaporeon, etc.

Also, if Jolly is used instead of admant, does the drop in attack after a single DD mess up my ability to OHKO/2HKO pokemon with stealth rock damage applied?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Gyarados @ Life Orb
    EV: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -----
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Waterfall
    Dragon Dance

On this particular set, what are some counters to watch out for apart from bulky waters like suicune, vaporeon, etc.

Also, if Jolly is used instead of admant, does the drop in attack after a single DD mess up my ability to OHKO/2HKO pokemon with stealth rock damage applied?

Celebi is a good counter to any Gyarados set as far as it doesn't carry Bounce.

A question: Who are the best SD Drapion counters in UU?

Last edited:

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    A Steelix ?
    A SD Drapion won't be able to kill off Steelix that fast and able to attack back .
    Though I'm not sure if this could be called a counter .

Quakesire seemed Bulky enough to withstand SD Drapion's attack too .

Was thinking of a Fighting pokemon in UU that is bulky enough at first .
    Hariyama or Hitmontop . But nah , Drapion could still finish them on unless they invest heavily in their defense (which stops them from able to attack well) and they're slow .

Anyway , I've got something to ask .
    Above which base speed , would the pokemon with Choice Scarf able to outspeed Dragon Dancers ?
    I'm finding someone that is able to strike faster against DD Gyrados or Salamence .
    Thanks

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Steelix isn't a counter to Drapion, it's 2HKOed by a +2 Earthquake. Same for Quagsire, it's OHKO'ed with a +2 crit Night Slash.

Last edited:
    Back