• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
  • Flygon vs Garchomp.

Hey, so I'm having troube deciding which I should use.

Garchomp has some better stats and all...

but flygon has roost, u-turn and a number of flying type moves, along with a MUCH better ability to negate earthquakes... and just as a personal preference

GARCHOMP LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF _____!!!! DISGRACE TO DRAGONS!

ahem...

what do you think?

Years
  • Hey, so I'm having troube deciding which I should use.

Garchomp has some better stats and all...

but flygon has roost, u-turn and a number of flying type moves, along with a MUCH better ability to negate earthquakes... and just as a personal preference

GARCHOMP LOOKS LIKE A PIECE OF _____!!!! DISGRACE TO DRAGONS!

ahem...

what do you think?

I think the Land Shark would eat Flygon for breakfast with scarfed Outrage. Im guessing its not competitive..if thats the case go with Garchomp IMO he looks better too more badass instead of cartoony.

The Shiny Psyduck

<- Guess what game I'm playing
    Years
  • Dragonite @ Life Orb
    252 Atk 252 Spe 4 SpDef
    Adamant Nature
    Inner Focus
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Extremespeed
    -Aqua Tail

A late game Sweeper. I want to stress that. He wouldn't be able to set up with DD without common counters like Metagross, Garchomp, and Weavile on the field. This is why I want a team that weakens slowly, to support my favorite Pokemon. Standard late gamer, Extremespeed for revenge kills, aqua tail to get those 2HKOs that Waterfall couldn't otherwise do. With Outrage, I almost feel like I don't need DD, but its totally open to debate.

As much as I love that set, It's somewhat of an inferior Salamence. If the tiers are only limited to anything non-legendary, I would suggest considering swapping Dragonite out for a Salamence, due to it's slightly better attack and signifigantly better speed. The moveset you have there is solid, but you really aren't getting great type coverage. If coverage a problem, you could switch one of those moves out for something like EQ, superpower(dragonite only, i think), or even fire blast in case of steel types.

I personally use a Salamence with the basic DD smogon set when I'm not battling in real teirs, and I can see why they moved him to Ubers. Not like dragonite isn't good enough to take his place, he just doesn't have a very good one in Ubers.

Roserade looks good to me; I don't really use them but it looks like a solid lead (as long as it hits first). Good luck with your competition, really wish my school was into pokemon...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The moveset you have there is solid, but you really aren't getting great type coverage. If coverage a problem, you could switch one of those moves out for something like EQ, superpower(dragonite only, i think), or even fire blast in case of steel types.

Water + Dragon hits everything in the game for neutral apart from Shedinja (lol) Empoleon and Dialga. So coverage isn't an issue.

Dragonite also has Extremespeed over Mence which makes a fool of most of those cute little scarf revenge killers people use to revenge kill it. It really needs Spikes support though or it doesn't work well.

Anyway i wouldn't use Toxic Spikes to support a Dragonite sweep, it really doesnt work. Spikes are much more useful honestly and lets you net some ko's against faster pokes after a DD with ES.

So yeah put something with Spikes over Roserade (Froslass works offensively, then you have Forry and Skarm on the defensive) or give Roserade Spikes (illegal with Sleep Powder!)

Flygon Vs Garchomp : Garchomp, hands down. Flygon is trash anywhere where Garchomp is allowed. Garchomp is in many peoples opinion the best Pokemon in the game.

Petemon

GO Abra
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    *Filler move*

For filler moves, Hypnosis works well. another attacking move also works, Psychic could be useful for killing Fighting pokemon.
    why would i teach it focus blast is a ghost type

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • I've given my Dratini the following EVs so far..

252 Attack
    100 Sp. Attack
    100 Sp. Defence
    50 Hp

By my calculations, I have 8 EVs left to play with, which I may as well give to HP. So due to my laziness, will I be able to give it one of those base stat pills to increase it to 58 HP, wasting 2 EVs? Or will I have to just defeat the appropriate Pokemon for them?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've given my Dratini the following EVs so far..

252 Attack
    100 Sp. Attack
    100 Sp. Defence
    50 Hp

By my calculations, I have 8 EVs left to play with, which I may as well give to HP. So due to my laziness, will I be able to give it one of those base stat pills to increase it to 58 HP, wasting 2 EVs? Or will I have to just defeat the appropriate Pokemon for them?

But why on earth would you ev your nite like that? o_o

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Because it's a terrible EV spread and it looks like you didn't put any thought into it.

What moveset are you planning for your Dragonite anyways?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years

Because it's a terrible EV spread and it looks like you didn't put any thought into it.

Sometimes, I actually 6-0 teams with a single Dragonite, it is fun too. I already know you are an expert.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Inner Focus
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Substitube
    ~ Fire Punch

Last edited:

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Okay, how about this.
    Defense Curl.
    Then, Rollout (because Rollout's base power is doubled after defense curl). Plus the Metronome hold item. First turn, 60 base power. Second turn, 120 base power plus 10% metronome.
    Second turn, 240 base power, plus 20% metronome. Because defense curl doubles power. It's 120 base power, double power, plus 20%
    then 480 base power, double power, plus 30%.
    Fourth turn. 960 base power. Plus 40%
    Fifth turn. 1920 base power, plus 50%
    Then it resets. But still.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Sometimes, I actually 6-0 teams with a single Dragonite, it is fun too. I already know you are an expert.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Inner Focus
    ~ Sword Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Substitube
    ~ Fire Punch

Oh wow, it's Tory/Meaty! I didn't know you were still alive! :o

But Dragonite can't learn Swords Dance. Nice job hacking. :\

Okay, how about this.
    Defense Curl.
    Then, Rollout (because Rollout's base power is doubled after defense curl). Plus the Metronome hold item. First turn, 60 base power. Second turn, 120 base power plus 10% metronome.
    Second turn, 240 base power, plus 20% metronome. Because defense curl doubles power. It's 120 base power, double power, plus 20%
    then 480 base power, double power, plus 30%.
    Fourth turn. 960 base power. Plus 40%
    Fifth turn. 1920 base power, plus 50%
    Then it resets. But still.

No, don't do that. It's just terrible. You're assuming that your opponent won't be attacking you at all during the turns you use Rollout, but that obviously won't be true. You'll never be able to use Rollout more than twice because you'll be dead by then from the opponent attacking you.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Things that use gimmick mechanics don't work. Power Trick Shuckle doesn't work. Defense Curl Rollout whatever doesn't work. Fury Cutter Metronome doesn't work. :|

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years

Er.... I haven't thought about that one yet.

Which EVs would be best then? I might make another one after I finish off my others.

Xia

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    .....So if it isn't according to the competitive smogon rules, the Pokemon sucks?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

What do you mean? Smogon doesn't make up rules for anything.

Xia

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Hmmm, nevermind. With all those factors you have to think about out there.....it's impossible to make my idea's for teams anyway....I'll just leave them be.

Back